Page 694 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704744794 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Not on twitter, but I wish someone would reply #RecastT'Challa to her. She's the production designer on BPWF and says this.

Rant for the day: it's weird how the show NCIS: NEW ORLEANS couldn't find any Black Musicians in New Orleans. They shot there for 5 years and consistently feature white musicians. It's not the makeup of the city.
    8:28 AM

Chinchilla Black heart
    @chinchilla1970
    Replying to
    @chinchilla1970
    It's like they really couldn't find Black People in a city that's 60% Black People.
    https://twitter.com/chinchilla1970/s...81127592026114

Where is this energy on Black Panther movie....without the guy who MADE Black Panther a big deal. Where is this energy on the lack of black male actors added to the movie. Again I hate being one of those guys, but black men/particularly the most popular black man being stripped from the biggest black franchise bothers me.
    Too bad if you were to point that out, the Twitter crowd will just automatically assume your being sexist. Smh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's trying to cash in on black girl magic nonsense that looks good on Twitter but it's a battle to get support for it in the real world.

I say this from experience. You can have all the black girl power programs you want but guess who doesn't show up or has ZERO issue finding an excuse to NOT support it.

Like I have said where were all these black girl magic supporters for Proud Mary? Shuri, Riri or Storm's solos? What about Jo on Far Sector? Goldie Vance?

Taking it from a black ma is not an issue with them but supporting actual black girls seem to be an issue. Shuri has to be in the suit not Shuri build herself up like we have seen the women of Spider-Man and Batman have done. Or even She Hulk.
    Even IF she takes the mantle, they still won't support it. Like Storm, they will talk about it, cosplay about it maybe, but when it comes to actually supporting it cricket's.

They just like to have just to have it without putting in the work

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Not on twitter, but I wish someone would reply #RecastT'Challa to her. She's the production designer on BPWF and says this.

Rant for the day: it's weird how the show NCIS: NEW ORLEANS couldn't find any Black Musicians in New Orleans. They shot there for 5 years and consistently feature white musicians. It's not the makeup of the city.
    8:28 AM

Chinchilla Black heart
    @chinchilla1970
    Replying to
    @chinchilla1970
    It's like they really couldn't find Black People in a city that's 60% Black People.
    https://twitter.com/chinchilla1970/s...81127592026114

Where is this energy on Black Panther movie....without the guy who MADE Black Panther a big deal. Where is this energy on the lack of black male actors added to the movie. Again I hate being one of those guys, but black men/particularly the most popular black man being stripped from the biggest black franchise bothers me.

Most of this anger should be directed towards Coogler. He wrote the script and is pitching all the ideas. I do think the decision not to recast probably came from the higher ups, but even then Feige is usually very forgiving and lenient with his talent so I wouldn't be surprised if he asked Ryan his thoughts and Ryan decided not to go ahead with recasting. I like Coogler, but I think he manages to dodge alot of accountability from the fanbase, and people direct their anger towards everybody else. Also, keep in mind, Ryan did not "get" T'Challa when he started researching Black Panther. He's clearly has been more invested in his supporting players.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Don’t forget about how they let a wrinkle in time flop despite everyone from Ava Duvernay to Brie Larson saying how important it was to young Black girls. And how there was this big culture war over the lady Ghostbusters and how they are supposed to be these inspiring role models for girls only for the movie to flop, thus causing Sony to go back and course correct with Ghostbusters Afterlife.
    The problem is that they are trying to insert Black girl magic into franchises that are already established in instead of using using established characters and building them. They want to race bend or gender bend or both these characters when they have someone like Storm who could be a bigger deal if they bothered. Now though, they are instead using T'Challas franchise to push black girl magic. In the MCU with the cluster they have going on and in the Comics trying to insert Storm into everything

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Even IF she takes the mantle, they still won't support it. Like Storm, they will talk about it, cosplay about it maybe, but when it comes to actually supporting it cricket's.

They just like to have just to have it without putting in the work
    Comics never get the support they need, because most people still don't read or are into comics. People will generally go see the films, and watch shows.

I'm not down with harping on Black women. It is tired and part of the reason why the community is in shambles as is. The men will hate, and then the women will hate back and it's just a neverending cycle especially when it's mostly (White)men who are making these decisions that the fans hate so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Most of this anger should be directed towards Coogler. He wrote the script and is pitching all the ideas. I do think the decision not to recast probably came from the higher ups, but even then Feige is usually very forgiving and lenient with his talent so I wouldn't be surprised if he asked Ryan his thoughts and Ryan decided not to go ahead with recasting. I like Coogler, but I think he manages to dodge alot of accountability from the fanbase, and people direct their anger towards everybody else. Also, keep in mind, Ryan did not "get" T'Challa when he started researching Black Panther. He's clearly has been more invested in his supporting players.
    Actually some outlets (though as always, have to be taken with a grain of salt) said that it was Feige who wanted a recast but Coogler objected. I guess if this is true Feige decided to go along with it since it would be very bad PR for him if Coogler left.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Comics never get the support they need, because most people still don't read or are into comics. People will generally go see the films, and watch shows.

I'm not down with harping on Black women. It is tired and part of the reason why the community is in shambles as is. The men will hate, and then the women will hate back and it's just a neverending cycle especially when it's mostly (White)men who are making these decisions that the fans hate so much.
    It's not anything about hating on black women. It comes from both sides and my stance would be the same if tye genders were reversed. I am not on that noise of characters being replaced by the other gender or fit an agenda. Im not on that Black girl magic taking over a franchise about a African King however and I never will be until his story is told to completion and the natural passing of the torch takes place

Extraordinary Member

The scene already looks recycled from the Seoul chase in the first film. We probably gonna get Panther riding on top of the car, maybe RiRi suiting up for the audience to get hyped.etc

This is on Coogler. RiRi is probably something he lobbied at Feige and Kevin thought it was a good idea considering the character has a solo series coming up and could use the promotion. This film, at least on paper, currently has too many elements to juggle and account for, and I don't see how you can incorporate it all in 2+ hrs and give it all enough time to breathe. I'm getting Spider-man 3 vibes lol.
    I kinda doubt RiRi is Coogler's idea. Or we would have heard about her addition before now. Though anything is possible,

You are forgetting what Marvel Studio did to Joss Whedon for Avengers 2. "You have to add scenes with the Infinity Stones or else we veto a scene you want!" They aren't above mandating cameos and whatnot to promote thier upcoming stuff, but if the Director doesn't make a stink about it, it won't cause on set strife.

Come to think of it, a lot of Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision were set ups for something else. But those Directors didn't pull a Whedon and try to pitch a fit about it.

I assume Coogler wouldn't pull a Whedon. It didn't work when Whedon did it. It won't work for anybody else. The only other option is quitting outright like Edgar Wright did.

But then Coogler would be out money and open for litigation (since he signed a contract to script a second film) on top of that.

Anyone want to bet RiRi shows up in a mid-credits scene?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Anyone want to bet RiRi shows up in a mid-credits scene?
    Yep. I think Riri will most likely to be a student in a school that T'Challa established and a possible American friend for Shuri, Ironheart will be revealed in a mid or post credit scene.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A good point. I think a lot of the kerfuffle over Black Panther in the MCU after Chadwick Boseman's death (R.I.P. King) is that black men and black women both get screwed over by a white-dominated power structure, particularly in terms of entertainment media and how it generally represents black people, albeit in different ways. The issue, at least for me, is a lack of perspective and even empathy between black men and black women when it comes to the struggles they face navigating and surviving within and despite that power structure --- from the struggles shared by black men and women to those struggles that diverge and differ based on how the intersections of race and gender impact black men compared and contrasted to black women. In the end, though, it avails us nothing to tear each other apart as if better, fuller representation of the breadth and depth of black people and culture as a whole is a zero-sum game that only black men or black women can win, while the white-dominated power structure can just keep exploiting, abusing, and discarding us all.

As for "supporting the comics" themselves, I think a lot of the problem lies in how comics are distributed and made available in the first place. Movies and TV shows, whether streaming or on networks or in theaters, are much easier for the average or casual fan to access compared to comics, which are still largely sold in stores and shops that aren't necessarily the easiest to find. It also doesn't help when you do have a culture within comics fandom that is still very exclusionary and not the most welcoming to newcomers and others who haven't spent years immersed in comics, especially those others whose "otherness" happens to lie in their race and/or gender compared to the usual clientele. For a lot of those people, already feeling intimidated by the scope of the comics and then being treated less-than-encouragingly by "veteran" comics readers or even by some comics shop owners wouldn't be worth the hassle, so they might as well primarily use the movies and shows as their gateway, since they can do that from their homes or their computers and not have to put up with jerks in the real world souring the experience for them. That said, I do think it would be a better idea if TPB collections or single issues of the comics that inspired the movies were at least offered alongside the movies in theaters to get people who liked the films to check out more of the characters in the comics from which the films' stories were adapted or sourced.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 08-21-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

image.jpg

Picked this up at Barnes and Noble today.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I don't care they replaced T'challa with Luke Cage, Kasper, Blade, Voodoo, Adam, AND Bishop.

No T'challa in a BLACK PANTHER movie, No MoS hard earned dollars.

If T'challa is dead, then my interest is dead.

Expecting antyhing different in a T'challa Appreciation Thread is weird.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't care they replaced T'challa with Luke Cage, Kasper, Blade, Voodoo, Adam, AND Bishop.

Co-signed. And not to mention there is already a Shuri thread, but for some reason people don’t seem the least bit interested in posting there.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

This. I don't care How many male characters are in the Movie. No T'Challa? No $$$. House of Ezyo stands with house of MoS.

The black panther mythos isn't the Hub for everyone to make their debut and get their shine EXCEPT T'Challa. That's BS and the fact so many are okay with is is weird.

People need to let something sink it. Of marvel is so willing to treat and cast away their literal biggest Solo hero IP of all time, the first movie out of 20 to hit 700 mil domestic? How do you think they are going to treat other Black IPs?