Page 698 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 198598648688694695696697698699700701702708748798 ... LastLast
Results 10,456 to 10,470 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Question, well two really.

1. Would people be against the idea of another universe T'challa coming in?

2. Using Kasper Cole with an updated backstory to link him to Wakanda and get T'challa's okay to be BP while he is governing?
    1 at this point, yes. It appears we won't see T'Chadwicks T'Challa anymore in the MCU. If we got a version more similar to Priests I would be okay with that. Say the variant lost his father the same time Erik lost his and was forced to grow up faster and take over as king much younger.

2. No. Thing with Kasper was that he was created to appeal to white audiences by having a "light" toned character or vin diesel style character take over. Frankly that would seem like the same thing. Instead of having a Powerful Black male, they go with a more palatable light toned character to rule an African nation. In peoples eyes the closest they can get to white without pulling a Tarzan

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

2. No. Thing with Kasper was that he was created to appeal to white audiences by having a "light" toned character or vin diesel style character take over. Frankly that would seem like the same thing. Instead of having a Powerful Black male, they go with a more palatable light toned character to rule an African nation. In peoples eyes the closest they can get to white without pulling a Tarzan

Okay I get it. So that’s why they bought Kasper in. I really used to like how Kasper wore the suit. He would make it look a little more civilian with the coats and denim, and throw in the guns. I used to think Kasper made the suit look cooler than TChalla. But that was before I understood what TChalla was about.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Everyone worried about not being able to recast tchalla nc no one can fill chadwicks shoes

Yet ur gonna have this actress who cant hold his jock strap on screen lead the movie... and instead of being an empowering figure off screen... is anti vaxx transphobic fool.

How did it come to this?

Anyway,

Thing about HZ is that you need a central HZ to focus on.

So they need hunter or need to flesh out akili or kasper in that role.

Doras stuck bc they were actual characters. Not just fodfer nameless gooks
    I say Hunter, they were introduced as his thing, and he's more ruthless and is the perfect antithesis to T'Challa. Wouldn't mind seeing their relationship eventually take cues from BP's Quest where they eventually got along. Akili could stay on as Hunter's second-in-command or he can bounce.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-22-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Everyone worried about not being able to recast tchalla nc no one can fill chadwicks shoes

Yet ur gonna have this actress who cant hold his jock strap on screen lead the movie... and instead of being an empowering figure off screen... is anti vaxx transphobic fool.

How did it come to this?

Anyway,

DOesnt make sense on screen or off.

Its forcing a square peg into a round hole. Its like asking Happy to become Iron Man (based on the character as is)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Question, well two really.

1. Would people be against the idea of another universe T'challa coming in?

2. Using Kasper Cole with an updated backstory to link him to Wakanda and get T'challa's okay to be BP while he is governing?
    1. Depends on what you mean by “people”. If you mean on this forum, then yes. Most people here prefer the Sacred Timeline T’Challa (T’Chadwick) to be recast. As for the public at large, I think they’d definitely accept it. Most anti recasters I’ve spoken to said they’d be perfectly fine with a variant of T’Challa being introduced down the line. Hell some are even expecting it to happen. And really I think if Marvel were to recast this is the most realistic scenario in which it would happen.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Okay I get it. So that’s why they bought Kasper in. I really used to like how Kasper wore the suit. He would make it look a little more civilian with the coats and denim, and throw in the guns. I used to think Kasper made the suit look cooler than TChalla. But that was before I understood what TChalla was about.
    Yeah on Priests interviews he had a whole deal about it, Marvels reasoning and the creation of the character

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    1. Depends on what you mean by “people”. If you mean on this forum, then yes. Most people here prefer the Sacred Timeline T’Challa (T’Chadwick) to be recast. As for the public at large, I think they’d definitely accept it. Most anti recasters I’ve spoken to said they’d be perfectly fine with a variant of T’Challa being introduced down the line. Hell some are even expecting it to happen. And really I think if Marvel were to recast this is the most realistic scenario in which it would happen.
    Yeah, I really don't want to see a variant take over because it introduces its own set of issues, however of it's either that or T'Challa becomes a footnote on his franchise and forgotten, then I guess the variant is the way to go of nothing else but to prevent the Total removal of T'Challa for a very long forseable future

Yeah on Priests interviews he had a whole deal about it, Marvels reasoning and the creation of the character

Yeah, I really don't want to see a variant take over because it introduces its own set of issues, however of it's either that or T'Challa becomes a footnote on his franchise and forgotten, then I guess the variant is the way to go of nothing else but to prevent the Total removal of T'Challa for a very long forseable future
    Agreed. At the end of the day, a T’Challa is better than no T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Its kinda crazy, but this can very easily happen.

1. Civil War - Great introduction, but he's kinda popping up like Jason Statham in Fast 7 randomly.
    2. BP - Movie is great. However, he sort of sacrifices a bit make the ensemble stronger. Thats ok because surely he'll get some major moments in avengers films and has a sequel coming...
    3. IW/Endgame - He's kinda background noise. He can sure run as fast as Captain America though.
    4. BP sequel - Killed off for dorky sister to take the lead
    Now dorky sister will be important with Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Thor, etc and help take down the new Thanos level threat in Kang. Where they probably use her intelligence to help take him down. Basically setting up for people to either hate her which will sully the franchise or make her basically "Star T'Challa" T'Challa.

This needs to be rectified right now.

I'm seeing a lot more people wanting T'challa to be recast

And people that don't want to see a movie with letitia in it

Interesting turn of events. Good luck to marvel

6 script rewrites
    A grieving director
    Underwater CGI on a tight schedule
    Antivaxx bigoted lead actress

I'll be surprised if this movie isn't a failure

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Most of this anger should be directed towards Coogler. He wrote the script and is pitching all the ideas. I do think the decision not to recast probably came from the higher ups, but even then Feige is usually very forgiving and lenient with his talent so I wouldn't be surprised if he asked Ryan his thoughts and Ryan decided not to go ahead with recasting. I like Coogler, but I think he manages to dodge alot of accountability from the fanbase, and people direct their anger towards everybody else. Also, keep in mind, Ryan did not "get" T'Challa when he started researching Black Panther. He's clearly has been more invested in his supporting players.
    If Coogler had no control over the decision not to recast him, then he isn't dodging accountability for anything. You seem to think he is to blame because you don't like how he depicted T'Challa.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This might be a fun distracting project if I have time next week lol

It is just so hard to date Coates run as a whole because it was so ignored.

You basically have Ewing, other books Coates wrote (crew, captain america), Faustus, and then vague statements in X books about the T'challa/Storm thing.
    Yeah, the lack of connection is double edged. In some sense, it means you can fit it in almost anywhere. On the other hand, there's nothing tethering it. Once upon a time, Marvel would have cared and tried to do something. For example, put a footnote that says that the story takes place before another story or even have T'Challa mention that he just came back from space at some point. My ideal would be to have an Avengers arc that doesn't use T'Challa much and just not have him for a single arc and then, when the next arc happens, have him say that all of the space arc happened there.

I think the bigger issue with continuity would be when outside characters appear in Black Panther. I swear there's an issue with Sam Wilson wearing his Nick Spencer Captain America outfit but with Hydra Cap's shield during the siege of Wakanda by the Intergalactic Empire. On the other hand, I do remember the final issue/epilogue having Sam in his Falcon outfit. I don't have a clue where to put all that unless everything takes place before Secret Empire. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.

ETA: Having just caught up in this thread, some thoughts about reports for the movie:

spoilers:
    If Shuri is the next Black Panther, it feels like it will feel odd. I'm not sure Leticia Wright is quite up for the task and the way the character was written doesn't seem to support it. That being said, Shuri should replace her brother if someone is going to replace him. That's a natural choice given the comic. I don't like the idea of it being M'Baku because he doesn't worship Bast. I'm not opposed to Kasper Cole, but that's a very different story and I'd rather a story called Wakanda Forever feature a Wakandan in the lead role.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 08-23-2021 at 04:23 AM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

How did it come to this?

Anyway,

I can assure you that no one who wants Shuri to take the role is happy she is played by a transphobe and anti-vaxxer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    6 script rewrites
    A grieving director
    Underwater CGI on a tight schedule
    Antivaxx bigoted lead actress

I'll be surprised if this movie isn't a failure
    It might not fail but yeah there are some signs here that ain't good.

Especially the tight schedule, Marvel/Disney are so committed to get some of the billions the first BP made that they are willing to rush the second movie out. Regardless of the possible impact of said rushed schedule on the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I'm seeing a lot more people wanting T'challa to be recast

And people that don't want to see a movie with letitia in it

Interesting turn of events. Good luck to marvel
    It was bound to happen the further removed we are from Chadwick’s passing. Wounds heal with time.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda