Page 7 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What's there to be scared about? This is not a character like Brian from fast and furious. T'Challa has existed for 50+ years and existed before Chad was born. He is going to exist after us. How is it we can get multiple batmen, supermen, Spidermen. But somehow a black male character is all of a sudden it's the Highlander now?
    I’m still hoping that they’re just not recasting specifically for Black Panther 2 and will bring T’Challa back for Black Panther 3 since enough time will have passed since Boseman’s passing. Because if I have to wait 15 or 20 years to see T’Challa on screen again, that will prove to me that Disney is run by morons.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That will never make sense to me.

Marvel Studios will honor Chad and all of his work and effort by retiring the character thatso many people admire him for, effectively putting him on the shelf.

Like I said if they wanted to honor him, set up a scholarship and internship in his name for poc creatives. Name an award after him. But don't put him in the back of the closet and call it honoring him.
    I agree with this but I think ultimately Disney wants to respect the human who was Chadwick above anything else. I would imagine once they feel enough time has passed to allow for this respect to be shown they will recast the character. but with how tight the cast was i would think recasting now would be too much for the director to even be comfortable with at this point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

To be fair, all regulars here know Flex is known for dropping bomb ads parody posts that are meant to be funny and not serious. Whereas calls for Shuri, Okoye, Nakia, M'Baku, or Erik to take over are very much serious more often than not when mentioned.
    His tone may not light hearted but he's hardly going against the popular sentiment here, he's just playing to the crowd about what view any non-T'Challa will be. It's why he gets a free pass mocking T'Chlla's replacement as Luke Skywalker but as soon I bring up someone like Nakia I'm told to get out of the thread for being off-topic. Please, those characters won't be welcomed in open arms - they're just pretenders like Luke Skywalker as the narrative goes. Especially Nakia, Shuri gets more respect as a successor than she does despite the fact it's about MCU Nakia, not 616 Nakia.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo1000
    What's there to be scared about? This is not a character like Brian from fast and furious. T'Challa has existed for 50+ years and existed before Chad was born. He is going to exist after us. How is it we can get multiple batmen, supermen, Spidermen. But somehow a black male character is all of a sudden it's the Highlander now?
    Boseman didn't quit over a pay dispute and why is how big an impact he had on pop culture as T'Challa in a universe which isn't being rebooted after he left being overlooked? Boseman made a bigger impact than every Batman actor put together for his own franchise, and became an icon himself - coupled with the symbolism and history T'Challa represents, shows literally die when the recast actors like this and there is no safe option for Disney to pursue since anything they do will be weaponised against them. The MCU didn't end after Boseman left, this isn't the pre-Nolan Batman films where continuity barely exists and the actor playing Batman is changed so often nobody cares. None of their actors died, either. It's not "all of the sudden" this is an incredibly difficult road for them to go down and every thing they do is getting torn apart. We also live in a post Gamergate world, whoever picks up the mantle and that includes recasting T'Challa gets in their crosshairs, making it even riskier. Not only is a billion dollar franchise is on the line, there's also the cast and crew who people think they personally hate Boseman since they're not recasting him despite the fact he's their friend and work colleague and everyone has their one opinion on how to honour Boseman. Read up on what happen when ledger died with Joker, even Nolan wasn't going to risk the backlash of recasting that role and he was untouchable in that time period in Hollywood. But no, it's all simple people just pick any black actor and they'll be fine, no pressure. It's stunning how out of touch this is with Boseman impact on the world when he was T'Challa here, he may as well be the very alive Terrance Howard with this argument.

The T'Challa in the comics also isn't played by an actor, they could kill and resurrect him any time they like and he'll be bought back because he's a fictional construct not being portrayed by a real person who died from cancer.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with this but I think ultimately Disney wants to respect the human who was Chadwick above anything else. I would imagine once they feel enough time has passed to allow for this respect to be shown they will recast the character. but with how tight the cast was i would think recasting now would be too much for the director to even be comfortable with at this point.
    Yeah, I'm hoping time off for the character will give them more confidence to recast in the future.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping time off for the character will give them more confidence to recast in the future.
    They better, because I don't see the shuri thing working out and don't even get me started on that.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah but the movie is coming out in 2023, more than 5 years will have passed since the last movie.

How do they plan on explaining why T'Challa isn't in the movie?

Ultimate Member

Yeah but the movie is coming out in 2023, more than 5 years will have passed since the last movie.

Secret Mission.

Or maybe we'll get lucky and they'll change their mind by then, and do some reshoots

Astonishing Member

They're probably gonna say he died between Endgame and BP2. Then if they wanna recast for BP3 they'll use the multiverse or revive him via KOTD. They could get around the issue altogether by just setting the film during the Snap, but that would require a retcon of Shuri's character as we know she was dead during that period.

Mighty Member

Regarding Bryan Hill as BP writer..... Nope!

His killmonger mini was exemplary terrible.

Another angle to play on this would be, WWIII break's out. Wakanda picks it's own side. Deciding not to support either side it help the nation's and people who are impacted by the war. There's not a clear good vs evil on either side which is why Wakanda takes a neutral stance. Which super powered people, magic, and everything in between.

The World is ravaged but Wakanda protects itself with it's advanced technology and staves off the collateral damage of war. The rest of the World essentially nuked and superpowered itself back into the stone age. Wakanda takes the center stage as the world's leading superpower (among others such as latveria, atlantis, etc) and starts sharing their resources and recreating the world with better technology than it ever had.

Enter 2099 and all the help Wakanda has done has created a problem. Before they were atleast a 50-100 years ahead of the rest of the world. Now? 5-10 years, and not everyone shares their values. How does the Black Panther of this time handle a world that is just about advanced as his nation and the rumblings of a possible WWIV?
    I want a world war wakanda storyline where Wakanda is the aggressor to Latvertia. I want a Tchalla that in this instance doesnt act as a hero but a king avenging wrongs brought upon his nation.

Extraordinary Member

Before Chad’s untimely death.

I was really interested in who became leader of Wakanda after T’Challa and Shuri were snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I see. Would you have preferred if he used foreign leaders such as Princess Zanda or M'Butu (Nigandan Prime Minister)? As for Barnes, perhaps have the Red Room hire/blackmail/manipulate someone like Death Tiger as a substitute?
    I would have preferred if the mini was more about the rise of Black Panther, and less about guest stars designed to drag in readers. I mean, just look at the covers:

1. T'Chaka fights Hydra!
    2. T'Challa fights Namor!
    3. T'Challa fights the Bast-damned Winter Soldier!
    4. T'Challa fights Doctor Doom!
    5. TChalla meets Storm again!

And in covers 2-5, the guest star is more prominent on the cover than BP!

Another angle to play on this would be, WWIII break's out. Wakanda picks it's own side. Deciding not to support either side it help the nation's and people who are impacted by the war. There's not a clear good vs evil on either side which is why Wakanda takes a neutral stance. Which super powered people, magic, and everything in between.

The World is ravaged but Wakanda protects itself with it's advanced technology and staves off the collateral damage of war. The rest of the World essentially nuked and superpowered itself back into the stone age. Wakanda takes the center stage as the world's leading superpower (among others such as latveria, atlantis, etc) and starts sharing their resources and recreating the world with better technology than it ever had.

Enter 2099 and all the help Wakanda has done has created a problem. Before they were atleast a 50-100 years ahead of the rest of the world. Now? 5-10 years, and not everyone shares their values. How does the Black Panther of this time handle a world that is just about advanced as his nation and the rumblings of a possible WWIV?
    I prefer a slower, less apocalyptic collapse, but yeah, that's sort of what I'm talking about. A story where Wakanda is relatiovely benign and the world isn't in in COMPLETE chaos. But I like my storytelling on the subtle side.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    His tone may not light hearted but he's hardly going against the popular sentiment here, he's just playing to the crowd about what view any non-T'Challa will be. It's why he gets a free pass mocking T'Chlla's replacement as Luke Skywalker but as soon I bring up someone like Nakia I'm told to get out of the thread for being off-topic. Please, those characters won't be welcomed in open arms - they're just pretenders like Luke Skywalker as the narrative goes. Especially Nakia, Shuri gets more respect as a successor than she does despite the fact it's about MCU Nakia, not 616 Nakia.

Boseman didn't quit over a pay dispute and why is how big an impact he had on pop culture as T'Challa in a universe which isn't being rebooted after he left being overlooked? Boseman made a bigger impact than every Batman actor put together for his own franchise, and became an icon himself - coupled with the symbolism and history T'Challa represents, shows literally die when the recast actors like this and there is no safe option for Disney to pursue since anything they do will be weaponised against them. The MCU didn't end after Boseman left, this isn't the pre-Nolan Batman films where continuity barely exists and the actor playing Batman is changed so often nobody cares. None of their actors died, either. It's not "all of the sudden" this is an incredibly difficult road for them to go down and every thing they do is getting torn apart. We also live in a post Gamergate world, whoever picks up the mantle and that includes recasting T'Challa gets in their crosshairs, making it even riskier. Not only is a billion dollar franchise is on the line, there's also the cast and crew who people think they personally hate Boseman since they're not recasting him despite the fact he's their friend and work colleague and everyone has their one opinion on how to honour Boseman. Read up on what happen when ledger died with Joker, even Nolan wasn't going to risk the backlash of recasting that role and he was untouchable in that time period in Hollywood. But no, it's all simple people just pick any black actor and they'll be fine, no pressure. It's stunning how out of touch this is with Boseman impact on the world when he was T'Challa here, he may as well be the very alive Terrance Howard with this argument.

The T'Challa in the comics also isn't played by an actor, they could kill and resurrect him any time they like and he'll be bought back because he's a fictional construct not being portrayed by a real person who died from cancer.
    Dude your reaching really hard here.

Again, if your a regular on this thread, you would know Flex makes parody posts all the time. It's what he does best and they are funny as hell. But everyone knows he isn't serious, dude has made his feelings clear as well. Through his parody posts he has dropped some serious ones that people needed at the time. So again the difference is that he isn't serious. Where as these other calls are.

And if anything Shuri gets less respect as a successor for the MCU by people here because all people go off of is that she was BP in the comics while ignoring that MCU Shuri and comic **** are the same in Name only. Abd Nakia in the MCU would be a more logical for in Terms of capability. Either way they should not be trying to replace the title character.

Also Paul Walker passed away and they retired his character Brian I. The FF franchise. Difference again though is that it wasn't a comic with a 50+ publishing history.

And no one here said that ANY black actor can take the role and it's fine. Your seriously putting words in the mouths of posters here to get mad about. What was said is that THERE ARE actors out there who could also play T'Challa too. No one will replace Chad. He will always be the OG and the trailblazer. But to completely shelve the character and remove a much needed positive Black role model is not the way to go.

Lots of us here were saying that the recast should happen after Disney delays the sequel so people have time to mourn.

And yes, it is all of a sudden. Because whenever black people are involved the rules ARE different. Guarantee you if RDJ Chris Evans, or Chris hemsworth passed away early they would not of retired the characters and kept going with the franchise without the title Character.

You want to talk about people being out of touch? Look at the people who were posting about how Disney should kill T'Challa on screen so they can pass the mantle to Shuri. Literally an hour after he passed and days following by websites. A recast does more to honor Chadwicks legacy then erasing him from his own franchise and pushing other characters as if anyone can just lead or without issue

Extraordinary Member

Dude your reaching really hard here.

Again, if your a regular on this thread, you would know Flex makes parody posts all the time. It's what he does best and they are funny as hell. But everyone knows he isn't serious, dude has made his feelings clear as well. Through his parody posts he has dropped some serious ones that people needed at the time. So again the difference is that he isn't serious. Where as these other calls are.

And if anything Shuri gets less respect as a successor for the MCU by people here because all people go off of is that she was BP in the comics while ignoring that MCU Shuri and comic **** are the same in Name only. Abd Nakia in the MCU would be a more logical for in Terms of capability. Either way they should not be trying to replace the title character.

Also Paul Walker passed away and they retired his character Brian I. The FF franchise. Difference again though is that it wasn't a comic with a 50+ publishing history.

And no one here said that ANY black actor can take the role and it's fine. Your seriously putting words in the mouths of posters here to get mad about. What was said is that THERE ARE actors out there who could also play T'Challa too. No one will replace Chad. He will always be the OG and the trailblazer. But to completely shelve the character and remove a much needed positive Black role model is not the way to go.

Lots of us here were saying that the recast should happen after Disney delays the sequel so people have time to mourn.

And yes, it is all of a sudden. Because whenever black people are involved the rules ARE different. Guarantee you if RDJ Chris Evans, or Chris hemsworth passed away early they would not of retired the characters and kept going with the franchise without the title Character.

You want to talk about people being out of touch? Look at the people who were posting about how Disney should kill T'Challa on screen so they can pass the mantle to Shuri. Literally an hour after he passed and days following by websites. A recast does more to honor Chadwicks legacy then erasing him from his own franchise and pushing other characters as if anyone can just lead or without issue
    I disagree. I think if RDJ or Chris died after Avengers or Winter Soldier, they wouldn’t have recast.
    The thing with Black Panther, is that we’re now in a post-Infinity War and Endgame MCU fame.

You’re right they would have been replaced after Iron Man 1 and First Avenger, if they died, but by those other points, Feige wouldn’t have replaced them. Those actor were too far in the zeitgeist.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I would have preferred if the mini was more about the rise of Black Panther, and less about guest stars designed to drag in readers. I mean, just look at the covers:

1. T'Chaka fights Hydra!
    2. T'Challa fights Namor!
    3. T'Challa fights the Bast-damned Winter Soldier!
    4. T'Challa fights Doctor Doom!
    5. TChalla meets Storm again!

And in covers 2-5, the guest star is more prominent on the cover than BP!

I prefer a slower, less apocalyptic collapse, but yeah, that's sort of what I'm talking about. A story where Wakanda is relatiovely benign and the world isn't in in COMPLETE chaos. But I like my storytelling on the subtle side.
    I used that idea but even that would be hard in a universe of reality warping entities, but it's a fun way to show that Wakandas non aggressive stance, and staying true to that but still seeing T'Challas vision through leads to their taking of the world stage. Maybe WWVI would be a little much, but the BP of 2099 starts to see that the technological advancements Wakanda shared aren't being used the way it should abd they start to see what happens when they give the advancements to a mindset that doesn't share the humanitarian mindset.