Page 706 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 206606656696702703704705706707708709710716756806 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Is Gamora going to be in GoTg 3? Granted, it's still ZS but she'd be playing Gamora from a previous time line.

Also, if BP2 doesn't make more than the first, it'll be the first solo MCU film to not make more than it's predecessor. Only 1 MCU filmvto date has fallen short than the previous film and that was Age of Ultron.
    Eh, Covid has ruined the box office for any forseable future. There wont be any way to compare.

Unless Spider-Man completely destroys expectations that is, which is doubt.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I remain hopeful that after the failure of the “MCU Lite” route of the Avengers game that Marvel starts to realize they’re better off making their mediums separate iterations rather than trying to synergize. But we’re still only just getting into a post-Endgame MCU, this is basically a “Phase 1” where they’re building the new guys up. Right now they’re still centering the OGs but we’ll see how long that lasts. I definitely think the new guard is going to start being marketed more prominently, especially once their movies start coming out. The Avengers game still went with the first movie’s team rather than adding Wasp or Ant-Man to the roster, so unfortunately the MCU still provides the “baseline” to everything else.

But believe me I am 100% in favor of not blindly following the MCU, especially with regards to Hulk (who I think they completely botched on the film side) and Black Panther (where I’m extremely unhappy about how they’re handling T’Challa with regards to Chadwick’s passing).

Honestly I’ve been thinking that the easiest way to bring in a new T’Challa is to do an adaption of Hickman’s Avengers. An Incursion happens and the T’Challa of another Earth is unable to prevent Black Swan from killing his world, so he ends up on our world and takes on the mantle of King of the Dead here. He leads the Illuminati on our world and has an uneasy relationship with Shuri who doesn’t really know how to feel about him. My end of Secret Wars would be that T’Challa gets folded into the MCU the way Miles got folded into 616 at the end of Hickman’s SW.

I totally agree, I just feel pessimistic about the chances of that happening. But I’d love to be wrong!

Yeah right now I’m preparing for myself for the worst case scenario: BP is all we get of T’Challa on the big screen for the forseeable future and T’Challa will be gone for good with Shuri taking over. Makes me so bitter, I just have the worst luck when it comes to characters I like alas. Hope I’m wrong, I’m not giving up hope to see T’Challa in other mediums, and at least we still have the comics for now.
    I feel you man I do. But you saw these recent interviews with the people behind What If, and how they said Chadwick was really excited to be in the show because he wanted to give people more of T’Challa? Even though they’re devastated, the fact of the matter is that he did it because he knew how much T’Challa meant to people. So even if he (unfortunately) never comes back to the MCU, I have hope they’ll still feature him in other mediums like video games and cartoons. Hell if the reaction to the Avengers expansion was any indication, yes, people still want to go on more adventures with T’Challa. Maybe not in the MCU (for the foreseeable future) but they don’t want to lose him completely.

And heck continuing T’Challa in whatever medium you can is honoring Chadwick. You want know what I saw fans say when Christopher Judge was cast as T’Challa in the Avengers game? They said things like “You got this man! Make Chadwick proud!” And the guy that did a spot on impression of Chad’s T’Challa in those videos of call of duty and BP vs Kermit? Look at the comments, damn near all of them say something along the lines of “I bet Chadwick is smiling down from heaven right now”. Yeah everyone’s still grieving but the character is just to loved to just cast to the side forever. The best way to pay tribute to Chadwick Boseman is to keep giving audiences T’Challa in whatever ways that you can and in any medium you see fit. Because if Marvel goes full stupid and gets rid of T’Challa in every medium, then that tells me right there that all that talk of “honoring” him was nothing but horse ****.

And finally on the subject of a variant causing controversy. I said this once and I’ll say it again, this is the most realistic way they can bring him back. Oh and on the possibility of Twitter raising hell? All the cast has to do is release a statement saying something like “Chadwick Boseman knew how much T’Challa meant to people around the world, so we felt that it was best to continue the characters story.” And really if Chadwick’s family were to come out with a statement of support for the idea of a T’Challa variant, it would be a done deal at that point and fans will respect the decision.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, Covid has ruined the box office for any forseable future. There wont be any way to compare.

True but even if there was no Civid and without Chadwick, I don't see this film topping $1.3 Billion.

Spider-Man will be a success, there’s no doubt in my mind about that. But yeah, the days of billion dollar movies are over. Especially with these new Covid variants emerging and Fauci recently saying that it’s likely that the pandemic will last into next spring, and honestly I think he’s being generous with that prediction.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I remain hopeful that after the failure of the “MCU Lite” route of the Avengers game that Marvel starts to realize they’re better off making their mediums separate iterations rather than trying to synergize. But we’re still only just getting into a post-Endgame MCU, this is basically a “Phase 1” where they’re building the new guys up. Right now they’re still centering the OGs but we’ll see how long that lasts. I definitely think the new guard is going to start being marketed more prominently, especially once their movies start coming out. The Avengers game still went with the first movie’s team rather than adding Wasp or Ant-Man to the roster, so unfortunately the MCU still provides the “baseline” to everything else.

But believe me I am 100% in favor of not blindly following the MCU, especially with regards to Hulk (who I think they completely botched on the film side) and Black Panther (where I’m extremely unhappy about how they’re handling T’Challa with regards to Chadwick’s passing).
    I think the OG's are still too popular and mainstream for them to get phased out by legacies for the MCU. We saw what happened with the ANAD era.

But I guess we'll just have to see moving forward. I mean, it's not like Marvel is in a rush to do a new Avengers cartoon but I'd be surprised if they did one and it didn't have the main versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the OG's are still too popular and mainstream for them to get phased out by legacies for the MCU. We saw what happened with the ANAD era.

But I guess we'll just have to see moving forward. I mean, it's not like Marvel is in a rush to do a new Avengers cartoon but I'd be surprised if they did one and it didn't have the main versions.
    Video game wise, in this day an age, the more heroes the companies can use as "downloadable updates" or DLC or expansions packs the better.

The big guns aren't going anywhere.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Video game wise, in this day an age, the more heroes the companies can use as "downloadable updates" or DLC or expansions packs the better.

The big guns aren't going anywhere.
    Yeah, and I think while people can appreciate characters like Ironheart or what Mackie as Cap bring to the table, it's not going to lessen the appeal of Iron Man or classic Cap.

A Shuri Black Panther isn't going to hit like T'Challa's would.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, and I think while people can appreciate characters like Ironheart or what Mackie as Cap bring to the table, it's not going to lessen the appeal of Iron Man or classic Cap.

A Shuri Black Panther isn't going to hit like T'Challa's would.
    Exactly, and though on paper she hits all the diversity check boxes. She actually has very little to no historical relevance to her. Another thing people are missing is that Coogler really did not set her up to take over the role of BP at all.

She had no Royal training to take the crown, no warrior training to win challenge day, she was set up a an immature (but fun) goofy kid sister to T'Challa and a lab rat.

If they go and have her build up to taking the mantle at the end of BPWF, it cheapens the struggles of T'Challa taking the thrown on BP 1 because he had trained literally his entire Life and had his dad with him until adulthood AND was BP for 10 years and was still unsure of he would be a good king. No way in hell is Shuri going to do it in the span of a few months at MOST of they kill T'Challa. They also can't have her just step up and be a badass ready to take over for the same reason listed above, with the added benefit that they would essentially be creating another Rey situation.

By not recasting Coogler has written himself into a corner because there's no logical way to transition Shuri into the role. In fact she was not even on the radar that no one even bothered to even mention her when T'Challa "died" in BP 1. That shoes how much MCU Shuri AIN'T it. And at this point the only thing she could do is rely heavily on everyone else and the BP franchise goes from that to Wakanda and friends.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

MoS and Ezyo after getting talked into seeing BP2 at theaters and sees Shuri roundhouse kick Namor
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-24-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Incredible Member

More like...

You know looking at some of the lore for the video game side of things, there are a bit of unanswered questions in regards to what happened to T’Chaka in terms of who killed him. A few pages back, somebody posted the codex files with one of them being T’Challa explaining to Shuri the night their dad was killed. He said that there some traitors within the HZ that gunned down T’Chaka on the orders of the Jabari ambassador. So with that said, whats the exact identity of the ambassador that set up T’Chakas death in this world?

And on that note, Tetu exists in this as I noted a few pages back since Zawafari mentions him by name if you go to his room after the story is done. He chews Tetu out for wanting to start a Revolution. What if Tetu’s reason for hating T’Challa is that he was related to one of the Wakandans that got killed by Klaw and blames T’Challa for not being able to stop him? There is just a lot of storytelling potential that’s being left untapped in this universe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean there are so many stories that we are missing with no T'Challa. Wakanda vs Atlantis is big, SWaD needs to be adapted on screen, hell with the mech strike, I wouldn't mind seeing T'Challa go rounds with Kang. There's just so much that needs to be told still and Shuri ain't it. She is not set up at all to take over the mantle. Even when it comes to fighting it's clear she would want no part in challenge day, and given EG with her blasting away... A warrior she is not
    True for the Shuri in the first film. But if T'Challa has died in the second, then her perspective could change. She would have lost her father and older brother and may/should want to take the throne. You never know what's going to happen in this multiverse of madness. Tell you the truth, it would not surprise me if the Killmonger from the upcoming What if? episode comes to the MCU to become BP. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    True for the Shuri in the first film. But if T'Challa has died in the second, then her perspective could change. She would have lost her father and older brother and may/should want to take the throne. You never know what's going to happen in this multiverse of madness. Tell you the truth, it would not surprise me if the Killmonger from the upcoming What if? episode comes to the MCU to become BP. Just saying.
    There’s literally nothing stopping from bringing in a variant of T’Challa. And the only way I’ll accept Killmonger coming back is if a variant of him is the villain for a possible adaptation of IGEW. Other than that let him stay in the ocean with his ancestors and let the rightful king of Wakanda rule.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    There’s literally nothing stopping from bringing in a variant of T’Challa. And the only way I’ll accept Killmonger coming back is if a variant of him is the villain for a possible adaptation of IGEW. Other than that let him stay in the ocean with his ancestors and let the rightful king of Wakanda rule.
    I agree with you !00% but it would not surprise me. I can see Coogler and cast believing in their hearts of hearts that no one can or should replace Boseman since they were so close to him. That is why the film is a tribute to him. It may take another director at the helm for a T'Challa variant to take the mantle. My guess is at the end of 2, Shuri will be BP but we will see.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    More like...

Just thinking back to what you said about the Spider-Man trailer.

- Eternals trailer hype because of visuals and a Academy Award Winning director
    - No Way Home trailer hype because we get different iterations of Spider-Man and villains from the other movies.
    - Multiverse of Madness - will have trailer hype because of its subject and it follows directly after NWH
    - Thor: Love & Thunder - It features GOTG and its Thor coming back to face a great actor in Christian Bale.

Black Panther Wakanda Forever has......

Another movie about taking on the mantle and Shuri of all people fighting Namor??????

T'Challa vs. Namor matches or gets close to the hype of those films. However, Shuri? And not even comic Shuri?

Something just doesnt match the other and its rather silly Marvel would let this go on. Since this phase is more about the Multiverse anyway they are essentially making it a possible skip movie. The only trailer hype would come from if they DIRECTLY make a connection that Namor is or sees himself as a "mutant"

Unbelievable.