Page 709 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713719759809 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    She will. She’s probably out of the hospital now since the injuries were minor.
    That's good .

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was just about to post this.

Dang. Fight ain't even started yet and Shuri goes down. Somebody see if M'Baku can fit in that Panther habit!
    Bast dammit that made me snort out loud lol

Damn man, I just wish we could go back to 2018. Everything was going well and now…… damn.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I dont think people understand the ramifications of no T'Challa in this movie. Heck it took me months/close to a year to realize.

Its setting up to be a lose/lose situation.

Maybe the movie is great? Coogler is still a helluva filmmaker. There are people who think MBJ isnt a good actor yet Fruitvale/Creed are fan and critically applauded. Its not out of the realm of possibility he makes Wright decent enough as a lead. I ask again..why would they bring T'Challa back? Think of the anti-feminism claims.

Maybe the movie is bad? They could just easily pivot and say they see Shuri much better as a guest star in other films. Captain Marvel has brought in other "Marvels" to take the focus off her in the sequel. They can just place Shuri in other MCU films as the quirk side thing. "Retire" BP franchise for a while.

Its really looking like variant or no T'Challa for possibly 10 years. They'll simply move on. BP wasnt supposed to be as big as it was for Disney anyway.
    Any movie will struggle without it's lead. No matter how well the director, without the lead (especially on a franchise based around a specific character) will have a hard time

Damn man, I just wish we could go back to 2018. Everything was going well and now…… damn.
    Had a great and successful movie that broke all kinds of records with Oscar noms and wins.

Got to lead the Avengers in the 4th season of AA with the 5th and final getting retitled Black Panther’s Quest. Making it the closest thing we have to a BP animated show with Redjack at the helm giving us a lot of great moments.

Became the leader of the Avengers on the comics side something that I think was long overdue.

The Coatesverse aside, 2018 was a great year for the franchise. I don't think we'll see T'Challa get that kind of attention and push again for a while if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Had a great and successful movie that broke all kinds of records with Oscar noms and wins.

Got to lead the Avengers in the 4th season of AA with the 5th and final getting retitled Black Panther’s Quest. Making it the closest thing we have to a BP animated show with Redjack at the helm giving us a lot of great moments.

Became the leader of the Avengers on the comics side something that I think was long overdue.

The Coatesverse aside, 2018 was a great year for the franchise. I don't think we'll see T'Challa get that kind of attention and push again for a while if at all.
    I still think T’Challa will be fine in other mediums, like much like Tony and Steve. Live action in looking grim for the time being though.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member

Now I'm wondering if Shuri is even going to get the mantle at all.

Nearly ever actor that plays a superhero shows off thier super hero physique workout transformation(which may just be the ability to get Test and God knows what else from a reliable source for all I know).

Letitia Wright isn't one of those actors to put it mildly.

Unless her version of the Black Panther habit/costume is like CGI Battle Armor like Rescue, I dont see how she can physically pull it off.

Captain America: Winter Soldier delinked the mantle of Black Panther from the Throne in the MCU if I remember correctly, so they could say, give it to Okoye or M'Baku who actually DO have action hero physiques,

PS: We also don't yet know who michaela coel was cast as. Maybe she is a relative of T'challa's angling for the mantle. Or Zawadi, in the comics a Wakandan rando that got hold of the Panther powers mainly to prove that she could.

When even Natalie Portman is posting online about how yoked she thinks she is getting, I don't see how Letitia can end up as BP.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-25-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Nearly ever actor that plays a superhero shows off thier super hero physique workout transformation(which may just be the ability to get Test and God knows what else from a reliable source for all I know).

Letitia Wright isn't one of those actors.

Unless her version of the Black Panther habit/costume is like CGI Battle Armor like Rescue, I dont see how she can physically pull it off.
    One rumor is that the movie will be about who should replace T'Challa with Shuri taking over at the end. It won't surprise me if she has a teched out suit instead of physical enhancements.

I'm hoping that this is just 'The Strange Adventure of Shuri, M'baku, Nakia and Okoye' exploring the legacy and impact of T'Challa opening up Wakanda to the world. That would justify the 'Wakanda Forever' title while also keeping the cast away from Wakanda so they don't have to address T'Challa's absence in the film.

Marvel is known for heavy re shooting, re-editing and inserting scenes at the last minute. That famous shawarma scene in Avengers was shot and added in right after the premier. So if they go for a recasting or a variant of T'Challa popping up in the Sacred Timeline at the last minute, I hope the films plot at least leaves the door open for that.
    Last edited by John Venus; 08-26-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Captain America: Winter Soldier delinked the mantle of Black Panther from the Throne in the MCU if I remember correctly, so they could say, give it to Okoye or M'Baku who actually DO have action hero physiques,

PS: We also don't yet know who michaela coel was cast as. Maybe she is a relative of T'challa's angling for the mantle. Or Zawadi, in the comics a Wakandan rando that got hold of the Panther powers mainly to prove that she could.

When even Natalie Portman is posting online about how yoked she thinks she is getting, I don't see how Letitia can end up as BP.
    Not every actress gets swole, hell most of them don’t. Gadot didn’t. Scarlett didn’t. The Wasp actress didn’t. The dudes have much more demanding expectations physique wise. Plus I expect they’ll play up Shuri’s intellect over her brute strength in a hypothetical successor scenario.
    The whiplash from then to now has been insane. Only a few things can compare to how drastically different T’Challa’s fortunes look now compared to back around the movie’s release.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm hoping that this is just 'The Strange Adventure of Shuri, M'baku, Nakia and Okoye' exploring the legacy and impact of T'Challa opening up Wakanda to the world. That would justify the 'Wakanda Forever' title while also keeping the cast away from Wakanda so they don't have to address T'Challa's absence in the film.

Marvel is known for heavy re shooting, re-editing and inserting scenes at the last time. That famous shawarma scene in Avengers was shot and added in right after the premier. So if they go for a recasting or a variant of T'Challa popping up in the Sacred Timeline at the last minute, I hope the films plot at least leaves the door open for that.
    Fingers crossed. They really have no excuse to not recast now that variants are a thing and they can even claim that it’s not a recast. And technically they’d be right.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Marvel is known for heavy re shooting, re-editing and inserting scenes at the last time. That famous shawarma scene in Avengers was shot and added in right after the premier. So if they go for a recasting or a variant of T'Challa popping up in the Sacred Timeline at the last minute, I hope the films plot at least leaves the door open for that.
    Then it just be another contradiction to what Feige was saying because when they announced no Recast he claimed that the sequel was already going to focus on Wakanda more and so T'Chadwicks passing didn't change much (obvious lie) so if they focus outside of Wakanda, then it again reinforces the lie, and how they have no direction without T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not every actress gets swole, hell most of them don’t. Gadot didn’t. Scarlett didn’t. The Wasp actress didn’t. The dudes have much more demanding expectations physique wise. Plus I expect they’ll play up Shuri’s intellect over her brute strength in a hypothetical successor scenario.
    Scarlet didn't but she is covered in skin tight leather. And she actually did cut some weight to an extent.

Gal absolutely put on muscle. And she showed off her "super hero" workouts. She was just so damn supermodel thin, it didn't seem like a ton.

https://i.imgur.com/7t5sebr.jpg

Evangline posted workout videos all the time on her instagram. And I think you are misremembering Ant-Man one training scene, she absolutely put on muscle, she probably could out bench press half this thread lol

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/wp-...y=86&strip=all
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-26-2021 at 05:17 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I actually had the same thought for a bit, figured she's gonna be in a CGI suit so much it might not matter.

Bruh, you know about zawadi? Did she ever appear anywhere else? Her history drives me nuts lol. I can't even find a true panel showing her saying she took the herb, I think it wasmentioned in some encyclopedia or something. Drives me bunkers
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-26-2021 at 05:19 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

She also does look bigger compared to Shuri in BP if we're being honest. Its just bigger for her still looks really skinny next to Danai.

Also Coel has been said to be according to Aneka according to insiders on set.

Speaking of which Im wondering if the MIT chase is because they are chasing a rogue Wakandan.

She's definitely going to be CGI heavy. Also they can prove to a few critics that the "Warrior Falls" scene is purely meant to be ceremonial as they had no idea M'Baku would challenge/Killmonger existed.