Page 716 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766816 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 15079

Well today marks one year since we lost our king. I hate it here.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can top that Shuri has 3 NEW books coming out in January 2022.

Shuri versus.... VENOM. Symbiosis (Shuri: A Black Panther Novel #3)

Marvel Black Panther Shuri Defender of Wakanda (DK Readers Level 2) Hardcover – January 4, 2022

Shuri and T'Challa: Into the Heartlands (A Black Panther Graphic Novel) Hardcover – April 5, 2022
    Artist-Dika Araújo
    Writer-Roseanne A. Brown Her debut novel, A Song of Wraith and Ruin, was a New York Times bestseller.

Not to be left out

Okoye to the People: A Black Panther Novel Hardcover – March 1, 2022

And what do we have for T'Challa???

Black Panther Spellbound (Black Panther the Young Prince) Hardcover – September 28, 2021
    by Ronald Smith
    This is it until Black Panther Vol. 1 by John Ridley and Juann Cabal | Jun 17, 2022

3 books starring Shuri aimed at middle school kids.

Shang Chi has ZERO post movie release.
    Eternals-ZERO (aside from their trade)
    Holy ****. And they wonder why people get turned off when it comes to Black girl magic. The amount of **** spewing here is similar to what gay tried to do. You already know in this book T'Challa is going to be dumbed down while they try and retrofit Shuri ad always being the genius while T'Challa is the "Dumb jock" older brother angle. Rather then them both being super geniuses T'Challa created his own scientific field for bast sake. When will people learn that shitting on one gender to prop up the other doesn't work? It's part of why BP 1 was so successful. Both men and women got to get shine.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Don't judge the book by the synopsis. Miss Brown's A Song of Wraiths and Ruins is actually interesting as a story from two points of view and co-protagonists. In the books case it's from Malik and Karina, and in the graphic novel there's probably going to be equal chapters given to both T'Challa and Shuri. She has a good voice when it comes to mixing West African folklore and magic and strong character development. I think for a different verse, this would actually do well in the YA section, which is who it's geared for, and most readers are girls, but I'm damn sure boys could pick it up.

Wait till it's out and then see. She treats her male and female leads with equal respect. So I think this is a good thing to have coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Sad day for us non-mantle fans

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Sad day for us non-mantle fans
    And of course the crocodile tears are gonna be in full effect from those who called him things like crack panther when he was on his last legs. And that’s not even getting into all those fan pages that were never around when he was alive. Just a bunch of fake love all around.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I woke up today with an aching heart and a nose bleed (I may need to get checked out) but damn, a year since we lost an amazing person and talent. God bless his soul and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Judging by the venom spewed in this novel synopsis, this Roseanne A. Brown must have disliked that the gap between the respective achievements of the siblings ended up in T'Challa's favor.
    Definitely sounds like a book written by someone that hates T'Challa

Shuri and T'Challa: Into the Heartlands (A Black Panther Graphic Novel) Hardcover – April 5, 2022
    Artist-Dika Araújo
    Writer-Roseanne A. Brown Her debut novel, A Song of Wraith and Ruin, was a New York Times bestseller.

Twelve-year-old Shuri is a lot of things. Scientist. Princess. All around cooler person than her pain-in-the-butt big brother T’Challa. Shuri knows she could do so much more to help Wakanda, but everyone is obsessed with the prince because he’s the next Black Panther. That is, until Soul Washing Day, one of the most important rituals of Wakandan society.

When an argument between T’Challa and Shuri leads to one of Shuri’s inventions accidentally destroying the sacred ceremony site, chaos reigns instead of prosperity. Suddenly the people of Wakanda, including her mother the queen, are becoming sick! Could this be a curse from the ancestors? Desperate to save her mother, Shuri dives into research and finds an answer hidden deep in an ancient children's myth.

Joining Shuri on her journey is none other than a meddling T’Challa. If Shuri and T’Challa can set aside their jealousy and resentment of each other long enough to survive this journey, they might just discover that they are far more powerful together than they could ever be apart. But if they can’t face their fears in the Heartlands and lift the so-called curse, it may not be just the end for their family, but the end of Wakanda as they know it. No pressure, right?

How come every time a certain demographic writes T'challa, he is just the worst? Why?

How come people pop in here to yell at some of us for "being toxic towards a certain demographic" but these writers keep popping up and there is silence?

Luke Cage was right... all skin folk ain't kinfolk. It be your own people.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-28-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If Marvel is going to do more BP novels can we at least get novelizations of classic storylines just like the novelization of WitBP? a few years ago.

I'd read a novelization of SWAD, Liss' run, or any of the Priest storylines. I remember Priest once mentioned that he'd do a novel of his first arc if asked but that was a couple of years ago.

I mean, the book could be written from Shuri's POV and as a 12 year old, everyone is a pain in the butt

But, at the same time, It has been 7? years of this type of **** so every little negative is just pouring salt on a wound.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Been a year. wow.

Variety
    @Variety
    ·
    10m
    “He was an epic firework display. I will tell stories about being there for some of the brilliant sparks till the end of my days,” #BlackPanther director Ryan Coogler said of Chadwick Boseman following his death. “What an incredible mark he’s left for us.”

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Sidenote: Obviously pre-Boseman's death.

However, as cool as it would have been to see T'Challa vs. Namor I kinda dislike they got away from the more grounded and intimate vibe of the 1st movie. If there's a flaw in the 1st movie is that it tried to get too big at the end.

Achebe would have been a natural progression for the 2nd movie.

Could be a number of factors for that. Maybe Disney just felt the 1st was lightning in a bottle and didnt want to risk a smaller story. Maybe Feige knew phase 4 would have all these major crossover so Ryan needed to have a big draw to not get lost in the shuffle. Or it could have been Ryan makin a better film (imo) than Infinity War, but Infinity War is all people talk about now days so it was him who wanted to go bigger.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-28-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

However, as cool as it would have been to see T'Challa vs. Namor I kinda dislike they got away from the more grounded and intimate vibe of the 1st movie. If there's a flaw in the 1st movie is that it tried to get too big at the end.

Could be a number of factors for that. Maybe Disney just felt the 1st was lightning in a bottle and didnt want to risk a smaller story. Maybe Feige knew phase 4 would have all these major crossover so Ryan needed to have a big draw to not get lost in the shuffle. Or it could have been Ryan makin a better film (imo) than Infinity War, but Infinity War is all people talk about now days so it was him who wanted to go bigger.
    pre boseman death a lot of us in here were saying the same thing. We wanted a continuation of the themes in BP1.

T'challa made the decision to open up and help... show us the good of that and show us the consequences of that.

You could make it much more of a political thriller now that Waknada is on the world stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Co-signed. And it would’ve been so epic if Denzel Washington played him so that way things would’ve come full circle since Denzel payed Chad’s way through acting school. **** cancer.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

End of the first movie perfectly set up The Client/Enemy of the State. It's a shame that we'll never see that story or another T'Challa centered movie .