Page 722 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772822 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How about, and I'm just spit balling here, folks focus on Black excellence instead of black girl magic vs Black boy joy. I don't get why folks don't raise hell about this and instead wanna try and use the other as a step stool
    I have never heard the term "black boy Joy". That's fantastic! Lord knows we need it.

Definitely shouldn't be a vs thing but division benifits neither while others thrive with their three different Spiderman actors in one single movie.
    Instead of WakandaForever it should be WhiteIconsForever
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-30-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The problem is too many big companies are too lazy to do any real research.

They simply follow Twitter trends which is a lot of times anchored on foolishness and flat-out mischief.

Some people have done some investigation into the "twitter" mobs and it's surprisingly small number of people (directly in line with what you posted) that make a lot of noise. Some guys have multiple IDs and literally pretend to be other races, sexuality and/or gender just to shit-post stuff they don't like. They do this all day long, some personally and some with bots.If companies follow these trends, they'll find out they're catering to a shockingly low number of people. It's not only Twitter alone, platforms like Youtube, Facebook and even Twitch have a group of people going about causing chaos there.

Unfortunately, these big companies cave-in to Twitter mobs to make all sort of bone headed decisions. It's not even a conservative or liberal or black or white or male or female thing, it's just a common sense issue at this point.
    I realized the power after Boseman passed and how quickly the Pro kill the character and prop up Shuri thing started.
    The Lies spread so quickly it reminded me of trumpism and then a week later Marvel announces that they are going to kill the character for good. Which is why I feel it's important for us to make our voices heard even if it's not going to change anything. Companies are clearly listening the least expensive where they can focus group and avoid bad PR. Online twitter and Facebook reaction. Thats how James Gunn both lost amd got his job back.

Companies only care about Money and the PR involved in it
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-30-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I realized the power after Boseman passed and how quickly the Pro kill the character and prop up Shuri thing started.
    The Lies spread so quickly it reminded me of trumpism and then a week later Marvel announces that they are going to kill the character for good. Which is why I feel it's important for us to make our voices heard even if it's not going to change anything. Companies are clearly listening the least expensive where they can focus group and avoid bad PR. Online twitter and Facebook reaction. Thats how James Gunn both lost amd got his job back.

Companies only care about Money and the PR involved in it
    I think the only way Marvel will change course is if the movie gets a reception similar to The Last Jedi. And like I said, with the multiverse in play they are out of excuses to why T’Challa can’t be recast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They were finally taking it in a new direction by making Shuri more "fundamentalist" aka old school queen which actually made her different from T'challa but then they threw that all away in the comics.

But at least they threw it away by making her "Griot." It was a decent idea (many people in this thread for awhile said Shuri should be a mage of some sort to differentiate from T'challa) but like most of Coates ideas, it was done poorly.

Then the comics just aped the movie and we are back to square one again.
    If we are being real, Redjack did it best both times. From the MCU standpoint Panther quest did it right by having Shuri all up in the latest and greatest (experimental) tech, while T'Challa did big grandmaster Chess player moves (working with stark to figure out the shell, taking Thor out of the fight by using the prep he started, as well as his panther shield, using his panther armor to beat Stark etc) as his big brain genius. Then in KiB he made Shuri an alchemist. Using tech and magic to create her own space. She was a super genius with a specific area of expertise that made her versatile and effective while T'Challa again focused on the big prep/ grandmaster Chess player moves and used his super genius to rid Wakanda of knull.

The problem MCU Shuri is that Coogler made her: an engineer, chemist, Doctor, scientist etc etc and basically cover ALL aspects of scientific genius and technological advancements and giving/leaving T'Challa with a ambiguous level of intelligence. Instead of having her focus on a field or particular strength she was given everything. It leaves zero room for T'Challas intelligence and that's the problem. He had nothing left from that attribute to fall on because Shuri took it all

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If we are being real, Redjack did it best both times. From the MCU standpoint Panther quest did it right by having Shuri all up in the latest and greatest (experimental) tech, while T'Challa did big grandmaster Chess player moves (working with stark to figure out the shell, taking Thor out of the fight by using the prep he started, as well as his panther shield, using his panther armor to beat Stark etc) as his big brain genius. Then in KiB he made Shuri an alchemist. Using tech and magic to create her own space. She was a super genius with a specific area of expertise that made her versatile and effective while T'Challa again focused on the big prep/ grandmaster Chess player moves and used his super genius to rid Wakanda of knull.

The problem MCU Shuri is that Coogler made her: an engineer, chemist, Doctor, scientist etc etc and basically cover ALL aspects of scientific genius and technological advancements and giving/leaving T'Challa with a ambiguous level of intelligence. Instead of having her focus on a field or particular strength she was given everything. It leaves zero room for T'Challas intelligence and that's the problem. He had nothing left from that attribute to fall on because Shuri took it all
    I think with the shooting schedule they were forced to streamline a lot of things to just...Shuri.

The problem now with having her take the mantle is that you'd wonder how could they survive as well without her. Since the Russos dusted them both Wakanda should have really suffered and thats another story beat they'd have to cover.

I really wish they included fans in some of these test screenings at Marvel.
    I think instead of fitting corny What are THose jokes I would have reshot the scene so it shows T'Challa and Shuri working together on some things. Feige insisted a James Bond influence when he started interviewing directors. However, they became to reliant on her as "Q". Now things are going too far with her if she gets the mantle.

Found this at Barnes and Noble. Did anyone get a chance to read it?
    761E1D21-A331-4454-87A9-8AC6703667DA.jpg
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-30-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Amazing Member

Would James Bond fans flock out in droves to see a movie with a dead James Bond starring M, Q, Moneypenny and Leiter? Just asking.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

XRealm Bishop 
    @CreamOrScream
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus's make-up artist posted this to her Instagram account a few days ago & it looks like Val might be showing up in a Marvel production. I'm leaning more towards #BlackPantherWakandaForever as that is in production right now in Atlanta and makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Would James Bond fans flock out in droves to see a movie with a dead James Bond starring M, Q, Moneypenny and Leiter? Just asking.
    Feige thinks so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Without the racial component? No

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Without the racial component? No
    Even With it i doubt they would. People GROSSLY over estimate the carrying power of supporting cast members who have a few witty lines or badass scenes.

Ultimate Member

How about, and I'm just spit balling here, folks focus on Black excellence instead of black girl magic vs Black boy joy. I don't get why folks don't raise hell about this and instead wanna try and use the other as a step stool
    Well you have folks would would be FINE with pushing black excellence but there is another group (and we KNOW who they are) that only want black girl magic.
    Because they have been told black men hold them back and oppress them.

When there is money to be made.

As one FAMOUS writer told me-the market for black male books is WIDE open to whoever wants it. There are folks fighting for that but it's hard to get their books on to store shelves. Interesting enough the ones I have seen-the writers are WHITE MALES and the black boys are not ghetto stereotypes. Not fake woke. Just black boys living.

Crazy how Batman and Spiderman can avoid this type of cannibalism despite all the offshoots they have running around
    Because Batman and Spider-Man for ALL their flaws. Editors have ZERO issue building up the offshoots in their own stuff when needed.

Superman, Thor & Cap America have zero issue with it as well. Even if they lose their books to offshoots-they are still around.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well you have folks would would be FINE with pushing black excellence but there is another group (and we KNOW who they are) that only want black girl magic.
    Because they have been told black men hold them back and oppress them.

When there is money to be made.

As one FAMOUS writer told me-the market for black male books is WIDE open to whoever wants it. There are folks fighting for that but it's hard to get their books on to store shelves. Interesting enough the ones I have seen-the writers are WHITE MALES and the black boys are not ghetto stereotypes. Not fake woke. Just black boys living.

Because Batman and Spider-Man for ALL their flaws. Editors have ZERO issue building up the offshoots in their own stuff when needed.

Superman, Thor & Cap America have zero issue with it as well. Even if they lose their books to offshoots-they are still around.
    With Batman and Spider-Man, I would mention, some of their more popular offshoots are set in the future, directly inspired by the original Batman and Spider-Man both in-universe and out; in Spider-Man's case, he's even extolled in that future (and at least several others) as the greatest hero of his era. That said, I do see your point, at least regarding how heroes like Spider-Man and Batman get treated as indispensable icons by Marvel and DC while others in both companies' rosters are treated with considerably less care and reverence.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    With Batman and Spider-Man, I would mention, some of their more popular offshoots are set in the future, directly inspired by the original Batman and Spider-Man both in-universe and out; in Spider-Man's case, he's even extolled in that future (and at least several others) as the greatest hero of his era. That said, I do see your point, at least regarding how heroes like Spider-Man and Batman get treated as indispensable icons by Marvel and DC while others in both companies' rosters are treated with considerably less care and reverence.
    Used to be the offshoots were in the future or on other Earths, but now we’re entering an era of shared mantles. Steve and Sam I expect to both be Captain America going forward. If Shuri takes up the mantle in the MCU I expect she’ll also share the mantle with T’Challa in the books. I can deal with that as long as T’Challa keeps his throne and the main book, Shuri can have a spin-off called “Shuri: Black Panther” or whatever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Used to be the offshoots were in the future or on other Earths, but now we’re entering an era of shared mantles. Steve and Sam I expect to both be Captain America going forward. If Shuri takes up the mantle in the MCU I expect she’ll also share the mantle with T’Challa in the books. I can deal with that as long as T’Challa keeps his throne and the main book, Shuri can have a spin-off called “Shuri: Black Panther” or whatever.
    Dan is back as Falcon. Shuri should not become BP and it should not be a shared mantle. It was already and it didn't work

Dan is back as Falcon. Shuri should not become BP and it should not be a shared mantle. It was already and it didn't work
    I agree, I don’t want T’Challa to share either. But given the high level of MCU synergy they’ve done with Shuri already, I just don’t see them not following the MCU’s lead.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/