Page 735 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    no different than Jackie Robinson and James Brown then T'challa lol

... why, why baby zenzi. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hey, at least it is confirmed BP#1 is still coming in November!
    On one hand I’m not sure how much creative freedom Narcisse has on this project. The story here is the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda is getting invaded, it’s natural to include characters and references from the original story. There’s a good chance it was editorially mandated to give M’Baku a story to follow up on what Coates did and of course to synergize with the MCU. Same with bringing up Zenzi.

But on the other, we need to stop acting like Narcisse isn’t an open fan and supporter of Coates’ work on BP. The way he talks about Coates you’d think he was Narcisse’s mentor in the comic game lol. He was throwing around Coates stuff like “Orphan King” in the War for Wakanda DLC and he’s all onboard with the BP-Storm romance. We should accept that’s just his perception of the franchise, he clearly has a better handle on T’Challa than his predecessor but if given the chance Narcisse is gonna incorporate that era of the character’s publication.

I’m not upset with the comic though. Say what you will about his appreciation for Coates but Narcisse has never disrespected T’Challa in his work and hasn’t disrespected any side characters when T’Challa was the focus. So I don’t expect shade throwing just because M’Baku is our POV. And the comic has the right title so it’s not lying about what its priorities are. It’s about Wakanda and its people, not T’Challa specifically so I’m cool with him taking a backseat in a tie-in to an event I’m not that interested in. Plus the fact this hasn’t been written by Ridley or Ewing makes me think this one-shot is just the last of the Coates era before Ridley takes the reins in November.

From the preview alone, it seems like Evan is having the same problem he had in Rise.

Aka, needing to touch on every little thing, despite having limited panel space to do it.

Obviously, just a preview and this could be a way to "humanize" nuMabaku but... you got one issue dude. tell the damn story lol. We don't need reminded of every history lesson. Aint like Coates run was that long ago.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I personally didn’t have a problem with “Orphan King” thing being in the DLC. Klaw is the villain so it makes sense for him to throw around disrespect. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    On one hand I’m not sure how much creative freedom Narcisse has on this project. The story here is the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda is getting invaded, it’s natural to include characters and references from the original story.
    Except (if I'm reading between the lines properly) that isn't the story. The story appears to be that M'baku is sent by T'Challa to help the Shi'ar.

It doesn't appear that DormEgo (Egormammu?) even cares about the IGoW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    From the preview alone, it seems like Evan is having the same problem he had in Rise.

Aka, needing to touch on every little thing, despite having limited panel space to do it.

Obviously, just a preview and this could be a way to "humanize" nuMabaku but... you got one issue dude. tell the damn story lol. We don't need reminded of every history lesson. Aint like Coates run was that long ago.
    This one shot should end up being better than Rise because he’s telling a single story in one time period instead of going through a full on biography of a character’s life. A lot of this preview is window dressing, I don’t actually expect Zenzi or the Dora to be relevant to the issue. I think it’s just setting the mood before we get the big story that’s hopefully well paced lol. But idk, we need to see Ridley on an actual mini set in the present MU before we know if he’s legit lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Except (if I'm reading between the lines properly) that isn't the story. The story appears to be that M'baku is sent by T'Challa to help the Shi'ar.

It doesn't appear that DormEgo (Egormammu?) even cares about the IGoW.
    Oh, you’re right lol. But I think the general point still stands. The Coates era is what opened up this Wakandan space age, it’s fair to use some of the characters and concepts introduced in that run for future space stories. It might’ve been required. But I agree it’s weird that’s this isn’t an invasion story.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Oh, you’re right lol. But I think the general point still stands. The Coates era is what opened up this Wakandan space age, it’s fair to use some of the characters and concepts introduced in that run for future space stories. It might’ve been required. But I agree it’s weird that’s this isn’t an invasion story.
    Kinda happy it isn't an invasion story

But this story makes no sense in isolation. T'challa hasn't even unified the Empire and yet is going to send them off to die to protect something lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

After the announcements of the Spider-Man and Wolverine games today, I think I’d really like Insomniac to make a Black Panther game. Helps that a couple of devs said years ago that it’s a challenge they’d like to tackle.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If you were casting Black Panther in the 80s who would be your cast (Didnt go with the usual especially since most use Denzel for the 90s)

Mines

T'Challa - Carl Lumbly
    Killmonger - Howard E. Rollins
    M'Baku - Avery Brooks
    Okoye - Grace Jones
    Nakia - Suzanne Douglass
    Shuri - Whoopi Goldberg (age the character up)
    Klaue - Lee Marvin
    Ross - Billy Crystal
    W'Kabi - Blair Underwood

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    After the announcements of the Spider-Man and Wolverine games today, I think I’d really like Insomniac to make a Black Panther game. Helps that a couple of devs said years ago that it’s a challenge they’d like to tackle.
    Curious. Has any Marvel solo character besides Spider-Man (men) and Wolverine ever gotten a video game?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Curious. Has any Marvel solo character besides Spider-Man (men) and Wolverine ever gotten a video game?
    I know Iron Man and Hulk had games but they were based off the movies

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I would be all for Insomniac developing a BP game.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Punisher which was a really cool and violent game at the time the game was released in 2004

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I know Iron Man and Hulk had games but they were based off the movies
    Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was pretty cool (I don't think that was explicitly a movie tie-in).

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09...rine-revealed/

Hm, looks like Insomniac is trying to create their own Marvel gaming universe. Since T’Challa exists in that world I hope he’s next on the list.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda