Page 738 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 238638688728734735736737738739740741742748788838 ... LastLast
Results 11,056 to 11,070 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    All of this. Problem is, Crystal Dynamics did the heavy lifting in creating a game Wakanda, but if Insomniac stepped up to the plate they would have to start from scratch. Crystal Dynamics already has a foundation laid but if the comments on the new preview of the GOTG game are any indication, people still don’t trust them after botching the release of avengers so badly. So if they were to build upon what they already made, the stench from avengers could scare off some players.
    Avengers is a train wreck but it's not all Crystal Dynamic's fault. They make narrative heavy action games. That's what they did with the Lara Croft revamps.

That's what the first half of the Avengers game was. But the suits wanted a Destiny clone.

I don't know how the suits missed the fan backlash against Games As A Service.

Or how even Destiny 1 fans were complaining about Destiny 2.

Or Anthem's utter failure.

Nobody wanted an Avengers looter shooter.

Even if they did the game needed to be frontloaded with raids and pvp (something else to do when the raids get tired) so the fanbase doesn't turn on you for failing to provide content.

They did none of that. How could they? They had no experience making these kinds of games.

It's not like they would have chosen to make a looter shooter themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seems like he is just resident nerd lol

The way the world works, he probably knows someone on staff
    Probably, but it is good that they recognize it’s important to have someone familiar with the material involved. Warner Bros Montreal likewise recognized that and brought Scott Snyder in for Gotham Knights. Rocksteady got arrogant with Arkham Knight and thought they didn’t need Paul Dini involved anymore, and made their own story (to weaker results I’d argue). I don’t think Enix brought on anyone for Avengers which might’ve contributed to why that game sucked so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Narcisse worked on the Miles game, so I guess he's close to the Insomniac crew.
    Yeah but if you’re able to bring over actual Marvel Comics writers to consult, dunno why you wouldn’t get one of the most prolific Wolverine writers. Bringing Narcisse in for Miles makes sense, not so much Wolverine imo (although I still think the game will benefit).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Avengers is a train wreck but it's not all Crystal Dynamic's fault. They make narrative heavy action games. That's what they did with the Lara Croft revamps.

That's what the first half of the Avengers game was. But the suits wanted a Destiny clone.

I don't know how the suits missed the fan backlash against Games As A Service.

Or how even Destiny 1 fans were complaining about Destiny 2.

Or Anthem's utter failure.

Nobody wanted an Avengers looter shooter.

Even if they did the game needed to be frontloaded with raids and pvp (something else to do when the raids get tired) so the fanbase doesn't turn on you for failing to provide content.

They did none of that. How could they? They had no experience making these kinds of games.

It's not like they would have chosen to make a looter shooter themselves.
    Truly is amazing how companies keep chasing the GAAS whale. WB is up next with Suicide Squad and I expect it to not fare much better. Just hope Black Panther can get a good solo game made by someone competent.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably, but it is good that they recognize it’s important to have someone familiar with the material involved. Warner Bros Montreal likewise recognized that and brought Scott Snyder in for Gotham Knights. Rocksteady got arrogant with Arkham Knight and thought they didn’t need Paul Dini involved anymore, and made their own story (to weaker results I’d argue). I don’t think Enix brought on anyone for Avengers which might’ve contributed to why that game sucked so much.

Yeah but if you’re able to bring over actual Marvel Comics writers to consult, dunno why you wouldn’t get one of the most prolific Wolverine writers. Bringing Narcisse in for Miles makes sense, not so much Wolverine imo (although I still think the game will benefit).

Truly is amazing how companies keep chasing the GAAS whale. WB is up next with Suicide Squad and I expect it to not fare much better. Just hope Black Panther can get a good solo game made by someone competent.
    Ffs, Suicide Squad is live service too? Ugh.

And co-signed on Black Panther being handed to a competent developer. The thing is, from a story standpoint War for Wakanda was a good starting point for a first game. Take out the Avengers and you have a classic plot of T’Challa vs Klaw all culminating in a final showdown of him vs Klaw sound creature form. If you scrap all that and start from scratch how would you go about the story for a first Black Panther game without repeating what Avengers did with their story?
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 09-10-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I thought they confirmed it's not GAAS though. At least not mainly.

All of this. Problem is, Crystal Dynamics did the heavy lifting in creating a game Wakanda, but if Insomniac stepped up to the plate they would have to start from scratch. Crystal Dynamics already has a foundation laid but if the comments on the new preview of the GOTG game are any indication, people still don’t trust them after botching the release of avengers so badly. So if they were to build upon what they already made, the stench from avengers could scare off some players.
    This is True, however there is more than one way to portray Wakanda, plus it would be a massive hit if treated with the same care as spiderman and died their homework. Going from beating down mercenaries to rogue tribes to dinosaurs in the Savage land would be too awesome to NOT do. Do some fun shot to show off T'Challas on the fly tech genius by allowing you to interact with scraps like downed ships or whatever to assemble traps and other helpful tools to take down enemies, hacking systems, etc. While showing off Wakandan technology and how T'Challa interacts with his world.

Weird that they’d go with him and not Aaron. They brought Slott and Gage on for Spidey so they have a repartee with Marvel Comics seemingly. If Ridley does well it would be cool to see them consult with him for Black Panther were it to happen.

Avengers is so dead, unless they make a sequel that corrects the first game’s screw ups. Bet Marvel regrets giving Square Enix the license for that property. Man I hope we get Black Panther, Blade, and Hulk games.
    If I'm being honest? The one I would rather have be a consultant for the BP game would be Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjack. That's not a slight on Narcisse as he is solider but honestly the dude GETS T'Challa the best out of all the writers currently post Priest/Hudlin, and given what he has produced in the Lexus mini, the BP audio serial series, and the BPQ, and BP:KiB? Dude would BLOW us all away with what he would do AND we would have OUR super genius Uber prep T'Challa with a super genius Shuri, and not a discount T'Challa.

And co-signed on Black Panther being handed to a competent developer. The thing is, from a story standpoint War for Wakanda was a good starting point for a first game. Take out the Avengers and you have a classic plot of T’Challa vs Klaw all culminating in a final showdown of him vs Klaw sound creature form. If you scrap all that and start from scratch how would you go about the story for a first Black Panther game without repeating what Avengers did with their story?
    They Could use Panthers rage and save Klaw for a later story arc

Me personally? I’d do a game that uses Klaw as one of the big bads just not the main one. I basically mentioned how I’d handle my “ideal” BP game:
    1. Killmonger kicks T’Challa’s ass at the start and deposed him. You’d start out with everything unlocked ability and gear wise as a taste of what awaits at the end and to let you know how powerful T’Challa is. Then you lose all that after Killmonger kicks your ass.
    2. The other enemies of Wakanda catch wind that there’s been a change of power and immediately invade, correctly judging that Wakanda isn’t going to be able to respond like it should
    3. All the Rogues have different goals: Killmonger seeks to consolidate his rule. Klaw is out for the vibranium. You could have Achebe manipulating the Nigandans into trying to get “their” land back. The Supremacists are just out to cause as much carnage as possible. Maybe AIM is trying to steal Wakandan tech, and so on and so forth. I’d have M’Baku save T’Challa but he wants promises from T’Challa in exchange for saving his life and helping retake the throne, promises that T’Challa might not want to keep and could cause problems down the line
    4. T’Challa has to start from scratch and build himself back up. He’s lost all his tech, he’s lost his Bast given powers, I’d even have him lose his connection to the spiritual plane because that’s all stuff that belongs to the king of Wakanda, and in the eyes of Bast and his ancestors he’s not king anymore. He has to prove himself again to Bast and his ancestors with nothing but his brains, skills, and tech he can build himself
    5. He also has to prove himself to his people. I’d go open world with Wakanda, basically gathering the support of the people by protecting them and helping them out. It would be a learning experience for T’Challa the first time he’s really started to get to know his people as people with thoughts and dreams of their own rather than just subjects, and it all helps him grow
    6. With every “region” of Wakanda you liberate you gather more support with the goal of retaking the Golden City. Along the way you discover proof that Killmonger has been abusing his subjects, getting Bast and the ancestors to see him as unworthy and strip him of his powers, forcing him to swear himself to the Tiger God instead.
    7. Ending is assaulting the Golden City having gathered the support of the people and beating Killmonger to take back the throne.

Nothing too difficult to pull off or too convoluted story wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought they confirmed it's not GAAS though. At least not mainly.
    Gotham Knights isn’t, that’s the one you’re thinking of. SS has always been billed as a GAAS though as far as I know, unless Avengers flopping changed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is True, however there is more than one way to portray Wakanda, plus it would be a massive hit if treated with the same care as spiderman and died their homework. Going from beating down mercenaries to rogue tribes to dinosaurs in the Savage land would be too awesome to NOT do. Do some fun shot to show off T'Challas on the fly tech genius by allowing you to interact with scraps like downed ships or whatever to assemble traps and other helpful tools to take down enemies, hacking systems, etc. While showing off Wakandan technology and how T'Challa interacts with his world.

If I'm being honest? The one I would rather have be a consultant for the BP game would be Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjack. That's not a slight on Narcisse as he is solider but honestly the dude GETS T'Challa the best out of all the writers currently post Priest/Hudlin, and given what he has produced in the Lexus mini, the BP audio serial series, and the BPQ, and BP:KiB? Dude would BLOW us all away with what he would do AND we would have OUR super genius Uber prep T'Challa with a super genius Shuri, and not a discount T'Challa.
    Thorne, Priest, Hudlin, there’s a bunch I’d take over Narcisse too, but he seems to be their guy so it is what it is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thorne should be the lead voice for ALL things Black Panther related. He is how T'Challa is going to actually grow in sustainable popularly on the level of Wolverine and Spiderman.
    I dont know what Ridley has planned but RedJack is the hero we need.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Me personally? I’d do a game that uses Klaw as one of the big bads just not the main one. I basically mentioned how I’d handle my “ideal” BP game:
    1. Killmonger kicks T’Challa’s ass at the start and deposed him. You’d start out with everything unlocked ability and gear wise as a taste of what awaits at the end and to let you know how powerful T’Challa is. Then you lose all that after Killmonger kicks your ass.
    2. The other enemies of Wakanda catch wind that there’s been a change of power and immediately invade, correctly judging that Wakanda isn’t going to be able to respond like it should
    3. All the Rogues have different goals: Killmonger seeks to consolidate his rule. Klaw is out for the vibranium. You could have Achebe manipulating the Nigandans into trying to get “their” land back. The Supremacists are just out to cause as much carnage as possible. Maybe AIM is trying to steal Wakandan tech, and so on and so forth. I’d have M’Baku save T’Challa but he wants promises from T’Challa in exchange for saving his life and helping retake the throne, promises that T’Challa might not want to keep and could cause problems down the line
    4. T’Challa has to start from scratch and build himself back up. He’s lost all his tech, he’s lost his Bast given powers, I’d even have him lose his connection to the spiritual plane because that’s all stuff that belongs to the king of Wakanda, and in the eyes of Bast and his ancestors he’s not king anymore. He has to prove himself again to Bast and his ancestors with nothing but his brains, skills, and tech he can build himself
    5. He also has to prove himself to his people. I’d go open world with Wakanda, basically gathering the support of the people by protecting them and helping them out. It would be a learning experience for T’Challa the first time he’s really started to get to know his people as people with thoughts and dreams of their own rather than just subjects, and it all helps him grow
    6. With every “region” of Wakanda you liberate you gather more support with the goal of retaking the Golden City. Along the way you discover proof that Killmonger has been abusing his subjects, getting Bast and the ancestors to see him as unworthy and strip him of his powers, forcing him to swear himself to the Tiger God instead.
    7. Ending is assaulting the Golden City having gathered the support of the people and beating Killmonger to take back the throne.

Nothing too difficult to pull off or too convoluted story wise.

Gotham Knights isn’t, that’s the one you’re thinking of. SS has always been billed as a GAAS though as far as I know, unless Avengers flopping changed that.

Thorne, Priest, Hudlin, there’s a bunch I’d take over Narcisse too, but he seems to be their guy so it is what it is.
    Sounds like the premise of a great Black Panther game.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They Could use Panthers rage and save Klaw for a later story arc
    Yep, have Killmongers minions fill out the boss slots with the big guy himself being the final boss. And I think the best way a final boss fight against Killmonger can work is that (stealing from Vordans idea a bit) as T’Challa works to get back his tech and skills throughout the game, when you finally face off against Killmonger we would have had access to the lab and therefore all of the latest tech. So the boss fight will essentially be you playing against yourself in a sense because Killmonger will have access to all of the same gadgets, combos, takedowns, and abilities as you and you gotta think of the right way to counter those in order to beat him.

Towards the end of the game, you gain access to the sky bike. Making it easier to traverse around Wakanda and you can even have a radio feature where you can listen to songs from actual African artists that would be on the games official soundtrack (some of my picks would be Burna Boy or Davido).

As for the DLC story expansions, have them take place in different parts of the world and have team ups with other Marvel Heroes such as The Wakandan Embassy in New York, so we can have the long overdue team up between Miles and T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yep, have Killmongers minions fill out the boss slots with the big guy himself being the final boss. And I think the best way a final boss fight against Killmonger can work is that (stealing from Vordans idea a bit) as T’Challa works to get back his tech and skills throughout the game, when you finally face off against Killmonger we would have had access to the lab and therefore all of the latest tech. So the boss fight will essentially be you playing against yourself in a sense because Killmonger will have access to all of the same gadgets, combos, takedowns, and abilities as you and you gotta think of the right way to counter those in order to beat him.

Towards the end of the game, you gain access to the sky bike. Making it easier to traverse around Wakanda and you can even have a radio feature where you can listen to songs from actual African artists that would be on the games official soundtrack (some of my picks would be Burna Boy or Davido).

As for the DLC story expansions, have them take place in different parts of the world and have team ups with other Marvel Heroes such as The Wakandan Embassy in New York, so we can have the long overdue team up between Miles and T’Challa.
    That sounds like it could work out very well. And I'd also love to see a proper team-up between Miles and T'Challa.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Benedict Cumberbatch Says ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Will Challenge ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ as ‘Most Ambitious Superhero Film’
    https://variety.com/2021/film/awards...og-1235061409/

Can understand why Feige probably egged Coogler on to add Namor/Atlantis. However, removing T'Challa just invalidates the decision to be "epic" as the other movies. Just completely dropped the ball.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Black Panther should have gotten an Insomniac game before Miles did.I mean c'mon, we got enough Spidey in Peter, miles is Peter w/ some twists.
    A black Panther game w/ that level of effort would be chef's kiss.

And since they are all in the same universe Spider-man , Black Panther and Wolverine could interact.
    Miles is here TOO STAY

Extraordinary Member

Either do a plotline based on Enemy of State or Black and White ( the Kasper Cole origin). Or combine them in some way.

For game purposes you want to have more than one location like New York and Wakanda and you are going to want multiple playable characters in addition to T'Challa, like Shuri, and Kasper Cole.

Well, you personally might not want that but GAMERS will. Besides Kasper carries guns, gamers love gun guys.