Page 748 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 248648698738744745746747748749750751752758798848 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 15079

Pretty sick "villains reign" variant

Sabertooth as Black panther
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Outside the main book other writers have written him better than Coates. A soft reboot would fix some problems but not all. Marvel clearly wants to do BP spinoff books but the problem is that recent writers don't both with developing existing characters and usually insert a bunch of OCs. Also Marvel needs to stop picking writers that seem to think there's something wrong with T'Challa and Wakanda so we get more deconstruction stories.
    No, the problem is that Marvel keeps giving Black Panther projects to Coates's friends, all of whom are either amateurs at comics, more interested in racial politics, or both.

Hell, Narcisse hadn't written ONE comic before Rise, and only 2 comics afterwards (one of which is a short story in an anthology) and now he's being positioned as the Expert In All Things Panther™.

All because he's a Coates-buddy.

Gay, Okorafor, Narcisse... all Pals Coates-buddies.

When they give the book to an actual comics writer, we get a good story. When they give it to a Coates-buddy...

I can only hope that Ridley is more like RJ than Narcisse.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 09-16-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think TChalla has too rich of a pedigree to just disappear. I have faith that he’ll always be relevant in some way. He is a Jack Kirby Stan Lee creation. Characters like that don’t go away.
    Tell that to Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Tell that to Hank Pym.
    Poor Hank never truly recovered from the time he smacked Janet.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Besides for when it comes to T'Challa basically simping for Storm, Coates has shown that he sucks at romance. I'm supposed to believe T'Challa and Nakia were in a relationship but every chance Coates had to show it he had T'Challa reject her advances because of Storm. The poorly done conversation Storm had with Nakia didn't help either.
    Honestly if he didn't waste out time having T'Challa simp for Storm on S2, and instead had then"Date night" be the end of them, basically having them be civil cordial and friendly and use it as their goodbye to their marriage and officially ending it on good terms, we could of maybe gotten something out of nu Nakia that could of been half decent.

Storm and Nakia talking was just to shot on Nakia and then for Coates to kill her off because he didn't know what to do with her (or his story for that Matter) so he tried to make people care about her death which just highlighted why he is a bad fictional writer.

My hope is that Ridley knocks it out of the park and RJ gets his long overdue shot at BP in the near future

Was that Storm's "royal" outfit from being queen of Mars or whatever is going on?

aka have the books finally caught up to "real" time?

Due to the narration, this sounds like it was ahead of Ridley's book right?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I never said disappear.

The last 6? years, T'challa has had a constant solo and a plethora of minis. Most of them sucked, but Marvel was "trying" to an extent. Also add in the fact he was apart/lead of 4 teams (ultimates, crew, avengers, AoW) and was actually involved in 3 events now (empyre, king in black, last anihlation). And this doesn't even count stuff like Ghost Panther and Mech Avengers or whatever either.

That is what I mean about their being no way to save the franchise. Marvel DID push... they backed the wrong horse and then the MCU motivation died. They did try and make a "franchise" out of BP. THAT was the upper limit. We were scaling A list mountain but people got bored with Coates so we slipped back down to B land and then the character got written out of hte movies so we bashed our head on the C list rock.

Will T'challa have a solo most of the time? Sure... but don't forget the 2-3? year gap between Priest and Hudlin. Or the 4-5? year gap between Liss and Coates.

Will T'challa have an automatic solo + minis + team books + be in event sthat aren't just "blow up wakanda" + supporting cast books? Naw, that ship sailed.

If I had to completely guess...I would enjoy the next year of BP comics because it's gonna enter the dark ages again if Ridley cant produce healthy sales. I'd imagine he's got at least 12 issues ready to go and we have BP on Aaron's Avengers until he is done but once those things run their course....
    I think the ONLY hope to pick the BP franchise back up and set him back on track for the comics is for the MCU to turn BP 3 into "Black Panther: Return of the King" and use the hype of T'Challa coming back to give the franchise more life and a second wind. To be honest I Dont expect the sequel to be that good. It will be successful yes but it won't be good, not compared to the first. It has too much stacked against it without a proper anchor for the franchise. Marvel must know, given the reception of What if, that they cannot keep T'Challa out of the MCU forever, he is too important, too good, too much of a hero and good person like T'Chadwick to let die and fade into a distant memory.

I'm predicting that BP will come back for the 3rd movie. Enough time will have passed so people will be out of this "Recasting him is heresy!" Mindset. I would like to think Feige knows this as well

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    No, the problem is that Marvel keeps giving Black Panther projects to Coates's friends, all of whom are either amateurs at comics, more interested in racial politics, or both.

Hell, Narcisse hadn't written ONE comic before Rise, and only 2 comics afterwards (one of which is a short story in an anthology) and now he's being positioned as the Expert In All Things Panther™.

All because he's a Coates-buddy.

Gay, Okorafor, Narcisse... all Pals Coates-buddies.

When they give the book to an actual comics writer, we get a good story. When they give it to a Coates-buddy...

I can only hope that Ridley is more like RJ than Narcisse.
    This, I agree with this. We all saw what happened with BPQ.

For whatever reason, marvel made the exact same mistake they did with Cap marvel. Trying to use "Celebrity" writers to write their rising stars and it "Shockingly" didn't work just like CM. The difference is the kept on giving Coates a boost and tried their damnedest to make people believe this was some revolutionary book. Could you imagine what we would of gotten had this been RJ? I mean, his SINGLE KiB tie is was more action packed, high stakes, and badass then the entirety of Coates run and ALL of his "large scale battles combined.

Not to mention how well everyone responds to good showings of T'Challa? How his KiB was arguably the best tie on out of all of them? RJ would of done what they were hoping would of come out of the hype of the movie dropping.

Taking T'Challa to the next level but you have to actually try and elevate not just shot on them because you think they need to be humbled and don't like seeing them as "awesome awesome awesome" that what people like, they don't want to read sucka mode for 5 years. Only a fool would think that's cool, and it says alot about Coates view on Black males that he claims this is what he would of wanted to read as a child. Sounds toxic

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Jimmy Folino - BLM & #StopAsianHate
    @MrNiceGuy513
    ·
    2h
    Fucking Christ.

So Ant-Man & Black Panther are the same?

The movie about a taking trash panda & sentient Tree & a green Alien are the same as Iron Man?

Poor Denis Gotta trash the MCU to get folk excited for Dune?
    Culture Crave Popcorn
    @CultureCrave
    #Dune director Denis Villeneuve on the MCU

"There are too many Marvel movies that are nothing more than a cut and paste of others"

(via
    @elmundoes
    )
    I swear people use Black Panther only when their comfortable. Not saying this guy in particular, but Black Panther is always propped up as MCU being different/unique and yet those same MCU fans disregard it when the MCU is not being attacked.

Besides for when it comes to T'Challa basically simping for Storm, Coates has shown that he sucks at romance. I'm supposed to believe T'Challa and Nakia were in a relationship but every chance Coates had to show it he had T'Challa reject her advances because of Storm. The poorly done conversation Storm had with Nakia didn't help either.
    He sucks at writing everything lol.

NOTHING he does has any development. Even his Season 1 magnus opus ended with T'challa and Aneka having a conversation to conclude the run... off panel. Never touched on again. The new government? Formed off panel, dissolved off panel.

I understand fully Storm fans riding and dying for the dude. I think it is silly, I think how they act in here is silly, but... great for the character. Go ahead and stan for him.

I will never understand how anyone else likes what he wrote from a story telling angle. The fact that his book and roxannes book were gushed on so heavily just made me realize that the "journalism" side of comics is laughable and means nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think the ONLY hope to pick the BP franchise back up and set him back on track for the comics is for the MCU to turn BP 3 into "Black Panther: Return of the King" and use the hype of T'Challa coming back to give the franchise more life and a second wind. To be honest I Dont expect the sequel to be that good. It will be successful yes but it won't be good, not compared to the first. It has too much stacked against it without a proper anchor for the franchise. Marvel must know, given the reception of What if, that they cannot keep T'Challa out of the MCU forever, he is too important, too good, too much of a hero and good person like T'Chadwick to let die and fade into a distant memory.

I'm predicting that BP will come back for the 3rd movie. Enough time will have passed so people will be out of this "Recasting him is heresy!" Mindset. I would like to think Feige knows this as well
    All of this. And I know I keep on saying this but with the multiverse in play, Marvel has no excuse to why T’Challa can’t still be in the MCU. Even if Coogler does what we all fear that he’ll do since he and the rest of the cast are too grief stricken to see the bigger picture at the moment.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I don't wanna go back and read the IGEW so can someone help me out here....

T'challa went in a wormhole and was transported to the future where Wakanda turned into an evil space empire. And this included taking over the Shi'ar...

So, we are back in present time and... how does the Shi'ar know of the IGEW and what they did? Im really confused... shouldn't this had happened in the future or did I completely miss something?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Just crazy they posting stuff like this
    Screen Rant
    @screenrant
    #MarvelsWhatIf episode 6 offered the best argument yet for why Letitia Wright's #Shuri should become the new protector of #Wakanda in the upcoming #BlackPanther sequel: she can carry on the legacy of #ChadwickBoseman and #TChalla. https://buff.ly/3zeqPoS

Pretty sick "villains reign" variant

Sabertooth as Black panther
    I thought it was a Killmonger redesign for a second there.

Was that Storm's "royal" outfit from being queen of Mars or whatever is going on?

aka have the books finally caught up to "real" time?

Due to the narration, this sounds like it was ahead of Ridley's book right?
    That's her outfit from the Hellfire Gala. For whatever reason, she's still wearing it.

I don't wanna go back and read the IGEW so can someone help me out here....

T'challa went in a wormhole and was transported to the future where Wakanda turned into an evil space empire. And this included taking over the Shi'ar...

So, we are back in present time and... how does the Shi'ar know of the IGEW and what they did? Im really confused... shouldn't this had happened in the future or did I completely miss something?

As I understand it, the original flight was thrown into the distant past. And T'Challa showed up later in their history, possibly in the past as well.

The IGEW is in the current MU, but somehow managed to remain unnoticed in galactic politics before now.. *shrugs*