Page 75 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think if they did that, it would piss off the Team Shuri fans (and the team shuri fake fans) and piss off the tchalla fans.
    The team Shuri fake fans only want to see a black woman in charge. Storm fits that bill just fine for them they really don't care about the content. As for the real Shuri fans, they could always push for a spinoff and some actual development for the character
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-03-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

Ive seen actors asking to play the role online.
    WHO??? I would like to know who myself.

Without T'challa, there is no reason to have Storm around.
    SOMEONE has to be the DUMPING ground for X-Men. Mutants show up and get feared in the movies-Storm being a "Wakandan Goddess" gets worshiped and becomes queen and make Wakanda a safe space for her majority WHITE mutant friends with all the resources to take out USA.

Somewhere out there a FAKE woke person is going to offer this script.

What I really hope is that they don't create a new character to take on the mantle for the film. It will be a big slap to the face of past creators with regards to how much they put into building up T'Challa for decades IMO.

That would be stupid. Because let’s say this new character acts just like T’Challa and can do all the **** that T’Challa normally does, then he’ll essentially be T’Challa in everything but name. In that case some people will walk out of the theater like “well if that guy was essentially T’Challa 2.0 why didn’t they just recast?”
    He does have other family members as we saw in Ms Marvel.

Killmonger was not family until the movie.

Jakarra is his half brother in the comic.

Kwezi Dzana is his nephew.

So tossing out a family member who at first chose NOT to challenge because of T'Challa now has an opening to lead and stick to Shuri fans and her unfans. I am sure Kwezi can create his OWN stuff unlike T'Challa who did that in the comics unlike the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Marvel postponed the Guardians films so that James Gunn could lay low for a spell, due to controversy. The first BP film was postponed for the Spider-Man solo debut, iirc.

With Doctor Who, the concept of regeneration was introduced due to the first actor being too old to play the role. Despite the popularity of the first actor, it was the second actor that introduced most of the character traits & quirks the Doctor is known for. Switching actors is the key that show's longevity. When the show was revived in the 2000s, it was the second actor to took over the role that made the series more popular.

I truly believe a Priest/Hudlin version of T'Challa played by a new actor would be a hit.

I hope I don't have to wait too long before BP comes back in live action.

I honestly don't want JDW playing T'Challa. That guy is small, lol. I'd be game if JDW & Zendaya played Mister Miracle & Big Barda.

You know you wrong!!!..... still funny as hell though, lol. I loved Tenet, but every time he was in scene with female lead I kept thinking. This ninja is short as hell!???!?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You know you wrong!!!..... still funny as hell though, lol. I loved Tenet, but every time he was in scene with female lead I kept thinking. This ninja is short as hell!???!?
    Lol

He is 5'9 which puts him in the same height s Robert Downey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like some others have said, I'm hoping BP2 is just a one-off and T'Challa will appear in the third movie.
    I see BP 2 being a test run. They are going to test the waters to see if the franchise can be successful without T'Challa, Which, if Chad was still around and BP 3 was made and Such, I would say yes because it gives time to actually explore Wakanda WITH T'Challa. However, because Wakanda has only be featured slightly in two movies there isn't enough there to warrant a complete business as usual, Wakanda Is Bigg then the title Character. This isn't star wars, it isn't GoT, but they are trying to treat it that way and the problem is that they have nothing to go off from. Other then *surprise surprise* T'Challas stories.

At this point I just don't care What happens. If T'Challa ain't in it, then I don't care. It's his franchise and hos story should not be cut short and divided up between essentially Brand New characters

Come on guys let's not actually believe the bullshit claim that Coogler is going to create a new character to take the mantle. It's wgtc bullshit and it's as correct as Grace Randolph saying her "sources" told her they were gonna CGI kill T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Lol

He is 5'9 which puts him in the same height s Robert Downey Jr.
    That's the average height for an american male. Zendaya's only an inch taller than him, and she was probably wearing heels. We're just used to other superhero actors being over 6' not to mention camera angles and tricks to make shorter actors seem taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I see BP 2 being a test run. They are going to test the waters to see if the franchise can be successful without T'Challa, Which, if Chad was still around and BP 3 was made and Such, I would say yes because it gives time to actually explore Wakanda WITH T'Challa. However, because Wakanda has only be featured slightly in two movies there isn't enough there to warrant a complete business as usual, Wakanda Is Bigg then the title Character. This isn't star wars, it isn't GoT, but they are trying to treat it that way and the problem is that they have nothing to go off from. Other then *surprise surprise* T'Challas stories.

At this point I just don't care What happens. If T'Challa ain't in it, then I don't care. It's his franchise and hos story should not be cut short and divided up between essentially Brand New characters
    A future without T'Challa in any BP related movies is a no win for me especially since we only got the one solo. If this was a situation like Cap, Thor or Tony where he had 3 solos under his belt plus was a player in a major event, then yes I would be interested in seeing the direction they would take.

But right now, I feel shorted. The story of T'Challa is incomplete and I'm hoping that BP2 is a one-off like I mentioned earlier. If not then, I don't know if wanna put my money on something I don't feel is complete.

Barda is a tank. Zendaya ís a gazelle.

horrible casting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    A future without T'Challa in any BP related movies is a no win for me especially since we only got the one solo. If this was a situation like Cap, Thor or Tony where he had 3 solos under his belt plus was a player in a major event, then yes I would be interested in seeing the direction they would take.

But right now, I feel shorted. The story of T'Challa is incomplete and I'm hoping that BP2 is a one-off like I mentioned earlier. If not then, I don't know if wanna put my money on something I don't feel is complete.
    I am doing my best to get this whole situation out of my head but when I think of all those years of reading BP comics, how the character has changed my life for the better and some of the unexplored story arcs that won't be in the movies, I get frustrated to the point that I feel like something in me has been taken away and I won't get that thing back. Now on Twitter, I just mute anything Black Panther related so that I don't get angry and sad at the same time.

I am doing my best to get this whole situation out of my head but when I think of all those years of reading BP comics, how the character has changed my life for the better and some of the unexplored story arcs, I get frustrated to the point that I feel like something in me has been taken away and I won't get that thing back. Now on Twitter, I just mute anything Black Panther related so that I don't get angry and sad at the same time.
    Got so close to the top of the mountain after being a C list ignored character that all of us said had uber potential and then we got Leonidas kicked down into the well when we were about to celebrate lol

Went from talking about potential AAA video games to wondering if BP is even gonna be in the comics in a few years.

Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-03-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I am doing my best to get this whole situation out of my head but when I think of all those years of reading BP comics, how the character has changed my life for the better and some of the unexplored story arcs that won't be in the movies, I get frustrated to the point that I feel like something in me has been taken away and I won't get that thing back. Now on Twitter, I just mute anything Black Panther related so that I don't get angry and sad at the same time.
    A lot of kids(and adults) got into T'Challa so I would hope that Marvel Studios won't ignore them and not have T'Challa inthe next BP movie after 2. Also with the Disney+ show, will they even reference the situation? Will T'Challa even be mentioned? I guess it would depend on when the show comes out, before or after BP2.

i will ask you again, does it HAVE to be Black panther? Does it HAVE to be the marvel character or could someone provide an alternative in INDIE comics that would get you to spend your money?

because, no matter how much "ownership" black folks think they have of Wakanda and the rest of these concepts, we actually have zero ownership.

zero.

i and my comics-making peers have been banging up against this wall for decades.

We would like to give you this thing. More than one of isn is capable of giving you this thing. But we can't give you the Black Panther because we don't own that. or Vixen. or John Stewart or the Blue Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i will ask you again, does it HAVE to be Black panther? Does it HAVE to be the marvel character or could someone provide an alternative in INDIE comics that would get you to spend your money?

because, no matter how much "ownership" black folks think they have of Wakanda and the rest of these concepts, we actually have zero ownership.

zero.

i and my comics-making peers have been banging up against this wall for decades.

We would like to give you this thing. More than one of isn is capable of giving you this thing. But we can't give you the Black Panther because we don't own that. or Vixen. or John Stewart or the Blue Marvel.
    I'm already looking content outside the "Big 2". I'm checking out this site, info@anyonecomics.com which has a guide to Black comics and creators.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    In his defence Elizabeth Debicki is tall as f**k at 6'3