Page 790 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 290690740780786787788789790791792793794800840890 ... LastLast
Results 11,836 to 11,850 of 15079

Nevermind no point
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-06-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Ridley's Panther! Ridley's Panther! Ridley's Panther!
    I wonder if that spy armor self disintegrates the wearer upon death to leave no evidence?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Her body her choice..
    My MONEY MY CHOICE.

Or she knows the History of poor, black or brown People being used as some type of lab rats for vaccines..
    So were white people, Asians, people with mental issues and prisoners.
    They don't teach that on youtube propaganda.

Yes because Twitter represent The United States population.
    FYI Twitter has 330 million users.

The USA population is 332,915,073.
    22% of the USA uses Twitter. 73,260,000 users. 70% use Facebook. 233,100,000 users

The same Twitter that SCREAMED Black Panther the movie would flop.
    Called Chadwick Boseman everything in the BOOK.
    Called for Michael B Jordan's career to END over Fantastic Four and black women called him c**n.
    Issued death threats to Redjack when Green Lantern came out.
    Black Panther did not matter until Storm showed up.
    Shuri as Black Panther will make MONEY.

That represents the USA.

What did REALITY say???

Black Panther 1.3 billion and 3 Oscars.
    Boseman gave a master class in acting while DYING-by doing 4-6 movies straight.
    Jordan the c**n has employed more black folks than some NETWORKS have in 20 years.
    Redjack DESPITE hate is killing it on Green Lantern-one of the bet books NOT getting support at DC.
    Black Panther hits issue 200 in January. Still waiting on Storm #12.
    The last black action movie with a black female lead was Proud Mary. FLOPPED like Catwoman and Colombiana.

Twitter speaks for NO ONE....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I wonder if that spy armor self disintegrates the wearer upon death to leave no evidence?
    A part of me hopes that this new villain is actually allowed to survive more than arc so they can get fleshed out. So then faking out T’Challa for a bit could work IMO. It felt like the trailer was suggesting T’Challa gets betrayed and friends turned into enemies.

It’d be dope if this guy is an old friend of T’Challa’s that took an entirely different path in life, kinda like M’Baku but with there being actual flashbacks and stuff that flesh out the dynamic. One thing T’Challa’s been missing are personal villains and revamping characters from the past and/or retconned into their origins are a great way to add some.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A part of me hopes that this new villain is actually allowed to survive more than arc so they can get fleshed out. So then faking out T’Challa for a bit could work IMO. It felt like the trailer was suggesting T’Challa gets betrayed and friends turned into enemies.

It’d be dope if this guy is an old friend of T’Challa’s that took an entirely different path in life, kinda like M’Baku but with there being actual flashbacks and stuff that flesh out the dynamic. One thing T’Challa’s been missing are personal villains and revamping characters from the past and/or retconned into their origins are a great way to add some.
    It is either Hunter or it's gotta be that "retcon into origins" thing

Who else could get into T'challa's deep spy network? Can't be some fly by night villain, its gotta be someone that was close to T'challa at some point.

(of course, making tons of assumptions based on 4 pages and a solicit but it beats being depressed about the movie again lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Klaw abd M'Baku are the only characters that have fleshed out reasons and developed reasons to be a villain to T'Challa. Even Eriks reasoning is misguided a her to T'Challa

Who else could get into T'challa's deep spy network? Can't be some fly by night villain, its gotta be someone that was close to T'challa at some point.

(of course, making tons of assumptions based on 4 pages and a solicit but it beats being depressed about the movie again lol)
    Honestly making it Hunter would just be boring and lazy. Hunter already had a role and recognized moniker. Have this be someone new who has a fresh slate (with hopefully actual superpowers) to work with. Our last villains Tetu and Zenzi we're wasted potential

Astonishing Member

I'd be a bit let down if it was Hunter because I don't really think he should be a complete villain. So we'd have to see how Ridley handles the story if that ends up being true. That's why I'm thinking it's gotta be an old friend or something. But I guess Ridley could just make up some guy with 0 connection to Wakanda who leads an organization with the tech/skill to attack Wakanda's intelligence network. I wouldn't be opposed to it but the way this whole arc has been pushed I'm expecting some continuity mining or retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Klaw abd M'Baku are the only characters that have fleshed out reasons and developed reasons to be a villain to T'Challa. Even Eriks reasoning is misguided a her to T'Challa
    Yup, T'Challa does not have compelling conflicts with the vast majority of villains he fights, especially in recent years for obvious reasons. We've had lots of entertaining interactions with some rogues but the character would benefit from having a villain with more complexity and who challenged him more than just physically.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-06-2021 at 06:31 PM.

I'd be a bit let down if it was Hunter because I don't really think he should be a complete villain. So we'd have to see how Ridley handles the story if that ends up being true. That's why I'm thinking it's gotta be an old friend or something. But I guess Ridley could just make up some guy with 0 connection to Wakanda who leads an organization with the tech/skill to attack Wakanda's intelligence network. I wouldn't be opposed to it but the way this whole arc has been pushed I'm expecting some continuity mining or retcons.

Yup, T'Challa does not have compelling conflicts with the vast majority of villains he fights, especially in recent years for obvious reasons. We've had lots of entertaining interactions with some rogues but the character would benefit from having a villain with more complexity and who challenged him more than just physically.
    Hell even the MCU, Erik STILL doesn't have a reason to hate T'Challa. Really he needs his joker, lex luthor, Green goblin that he has a deep connection and tie to which makes sense. Klaw can't keep getting used for that. Info thin he needs a massive buff. And take on more looks from his war for Wakanda counter part

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hell even the MCU, Erik STILL doesn't have a reason to hate T'Challa. Really he needs his joker, lex luthor, Green goblin that he has a deep connection and tie to which makes sense. Klaw can't keep getting used for that. Info thin he needs a massive buff. And take on more looks from his war for Wakanda counter part
    Envy and rage aren’t reason enough? For philosophical opposition, MCU Killmonger is pissed at Wakanda and T’Challa for ignoring the plight of black people worldwide. In the opposite direction, comic M’Baku should be the guy who gets pissed at T’Challa for opening Wakanda up and wants to return to the isolationist past. There’s seeds of potential in T’Challa’s Rogues that just need to be watered. Very interested to see what Ridley wants to do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

It looks like Eric Killmonger is the Doctor Doom level schemer of the What if? MCU. And T’Challa? A slick thief. Just saying.

Incredible Member

Has anyone seen the new Bond film yet?

spoilers:
    So before the film's release Barbara Broccoli states that the search for the new Bond actor will be finalised in 2022, no doubt to coincidence with the 60th anniversary. However, in this latest installment Bond gets killed off and at the end of the film it says, as always James Bond will return.

I bring this up because it pisses me off that the Bond producers don't give a shit about trying to make things always make palatable sense to comfort audiences. They just get on with the job but for Marvel, they're going to kill off T'Challa, the James Bond of his franchise because some people are too in their feelings about the unfortunate passing of Chadwick. T'Challa is THE Black Panther and he is NOT dead. I doubt they'll pull off what No Time To Die has done to simply recast for the next film.
    end of spoilers

Despite all the money Marvel has made, they're still a bunch of amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Has anyone seen the new Bond film yet?

spoilers:
    So before the film's release Barbara Broccoli states that the search for the new Bond actor will be finalised in 2022, no doubt to coincidence with the 60th anniversary. However, in this latest installment Bond gets killed off and at the end of the film it says, as always James Bond will return.

I bring this up because it pisses me off that the Bond producers don't give a shit about trying to make things always make palatable sense to comfort audiences. They just get on with the job but for Marvel, they're going to kill off T'Challa, the James Bond of his franchise because some people are too in their feelings about the unfortunate passing of Chadwick. T'Challa is THE Black Panther and he is NOT dead. I doubt they'll pull off what No Time To Die has done to simply recast for the next film.
    end of spoilers

Despite all the money Marvel has made, they're still a bunch of amateurs.
    Meh, all we can hope for is that they see the out that the multiverse gives them.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So on top of being robbed of being in his own damn sequel, TÂ’Challa also got robbed of being in his own spin off show as Star Lord!

And now weÂ’re likely stuck with an anti-vaxxer as the face of the franchise for the foreseeable future.
    Seriously? How many projects are they going to kill because Boseman was irreplaceable?

Late to the party I know but I'm starting to get sick of the 'Boseman was irreplaceable' rhetoric as well. If they really wanted to honor him they should pick up where he left off. Hope everyone involved in this sees the light before the franchise gets snuffed out before it can shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Petty of me to take glee in how many problems this is causing Marvel? Maybe but IÂ’m enjoying it all the same. Just try and replace TÂ’Challa with Shuri Marvel.
    Is it too optimistic of me to hope that the timeline is bending towards one where there is no choice left but to recast T'Challa?

"I went forward in time to view possible outcomes of not recasting T'Challa."

"How many did you see?"

"14, 672,593."

"How many of them were successful?"

"None."

I'm getting a lot of 'I'm moving on to different things' vibes from Winston Duke's posts. Haven't heard a peep from Lupita or Danai. There is so little enthusiasm from the cast this time around compared to the lead up to the first movie. As for Letitia, no sympathy for anti vaxxers from me. If she continues this bs, she should be kicked out of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Seriously? How many projects are they going to kill because Boseman was irreplaceable?

Late to the party I know but I'm starting to get sick of the 'Boseman was irreplaceable' rhetoric as well. If they really wanted to honor him they should pick up where he left off. Hope everyone involved in this sees the light before the franchise gets snuffed out before it can shine.

Is it too optimistic of me to hope that the timeline is bending towards one where there is no choice left but to recast T'Challa?

"I went forward in time to view possible outcomes of not recasting T'Challa."

"How many did you see?"

"14, 672,593."

"How many of them were successful?"

"None."

I'm getting a lot of 'I'm moving on to different things' vibes from Winston Duke's posts. Haven't heard a peep from Lupita or Danai. There is so little enthusiasm from the cast this time around compared to the lead up to the first movie. As for Letitia, no sympathy for anti vaxxers from me. If she continues this bs, she should be kicked out of the franchise.
    Lupita has been posting a lot of pictures of her traveling and living her best life. Lol. Makes you wonder if she’s even gonna have as big a presence in this movie. But man, the first movie had nothing but excitement with every bit of news leading up to it. But this one it’s just been red flag after red flag.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"