Page 798 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808848898 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 15079

I’d be over the moon if T’Challa doesn’t get killed off or is put in a situation where the Wakandans just assume he’s dead only to be revealed to be alive in BP3. But that interview with a clearly still grieving Winston Duke talking about certain parts of the script being “triggering” doesn’t fill me with hope. Hence why I’m campaigning for a variant if the worst case scenario happens. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Didn't Okoye wear a wig when she went with T'Challa and Nakia to South Korea on that rendezvous to intercept Klaue?

That was obvoiusly uncomfortable.

And the Ayo did't wear one in FalWS

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Yep. So now that Wkabi is a traitor who gets to lead it? Or are they just not gonna be important in this franchise?
    Wkabi as border tribe, not HZ
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    But wasn't the point though to imply that Nakia wasn't part of that order itself. Not that it doesn't exist. I thought the whole implication from what she was saying to him at the start was that she left the order and the group because she felt she could do more outside of the kingdom. Given her skills it's clear that she probably was part of the HZ, but chose to leave for reasons, thus no longer part of the order. I wouldn't doubt that we could get them in the near future either as part of a show, or in 2 or 3. They're spies, I don't think giving them costumes would help in the whole mystique of them being spies. I mean it would explain how the DM found Bucky and Sam so fast.
    No, Nakia was talking to T'Challa about why they broke up and why she couldn't stay in Wakanda BECAUSE of what she does as a war dog. She feels she can do more for the world as a war dog rather than queen at the start. She also tells Okoye (when they are giving her some armor) that she doesn't want to wear it because she is not apart of the Dora milaje. Which again, they should not of given her Dora gear and instead introduced war dog field gear instead. But because they made Nakia look like a Dora now the MCU will just treat the Dora as body guards and spies despite them being two different groups

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’d be over the moon if T’Challa doesn’t get killed off or is put in a situation where the Wakandans just assume he’s dead only to be revealed to be alive in BP3. But that interview with a clearly still grieving Winston Duke talking about certain parts of the script being “triggering” doesn’t fill me with hope. Hence why I’m campaigning for a variant if the worst case scenario happens. Lol.
    Yeah man. The hype for the sequel just ain't there. Like at all. The crew seems to have fallen apart. Outside of a few things here and there, they just don't seem into it on the manner of telling T'Challas story and pushing him forward as the beacon of light and inspiration that Chadwick liked about the character.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah man. The hype for the sequel just ain't there. Like at all. The crew seems to have fallen apart. Outside of a few things here and there, they just don't seem into it on the manner of telling T'Challas story and pushing him forward as the beacon of light and inspiration that Chadwick liked about the character.
    There's a couple things missing.

1. Obviously Boseman. No matter how both sides feel he was the "face" of the franchise. It was him who drew in the non comic book fans and laid the foundation for people to want to follow.

2. T'Challa. The lead who caught GA attention in Civil War is told by fans he wont be returning. People have become invested in this character and story and now its just totally removed. Ironic that the MCU wanted this to be their James Bond, but yet they dont want to replace him like James Bond. They could have really generated interest in what actor was taking on the role. What will he do? How will he be different? You miss out on the intrigue of seeing how different T'Challa is and what journey he goes on next.

3. Who the hell is leading this movie? Most think Shuri. However, MCU is playing its cards wrong by totally leaving fans outta the loop what the plan is. *Come see our movie! T'Challa is gone and we wont tell you who is the lead! But come see it anyway!"

4. The pre-marketing of the movie has been absent. Social media was HYPE when Lupita and MBJ was cast. #BLACKPANTHERSOLIT was a very real thing. However, the emphasis was BLACK PANTHER. It was wow T'CHalla is going against Michael B. Jordan (as a GA perspective). Lupita might be a love interest of T'CHalla. That draws people in.

5. More black talent being added. It felt like a real moment anytime more cast was announced.

The silence from the MCU is killing its own hype. Its just honoring Chad + everyone returning = profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The silence from the MCU is killing its own hype. Its just honoring Chad + everyone returning = profit.
    Thor 4 comes out in May. We know the old heroes returning, we know JaneThor is in it, we know the villain Gorr, we've seen cast pictures of Hemsworth jacked out of his mind, we even know cameos and such. It was done filming in JUNE.

BP 2 comes out two months later. It is STILL FILMING. No villain has been confirmed. No lead has been confirmed. We only know hte general plot, very vague plot because of a leak. The main character is dead in real life. The only confirmed news we've gotten out of the movie is that RiRi is in it (... cool...), T'challa will not be recast, and Letitia is causing covid issues. THAT IS IT.

To be honest, for people excited about the movie, the most concerning thing about the movie is that they haven't even finished filming it yet and it is mid October. And it isn't like the movie is going ot get magical extra attention from Marvel to clean up... there are too many movies coming out. There are 4 MCU movies coming out between now and BPII. Along with Moon Knight, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel TV shows being worked on.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor 4 comes out in May. We know the old heroes returning, we know JaneThor is in it, we know the villain Gorr, we've seen cast pictures of Hemsworth jacked out of his mind, we even know cameos and such. It was done filming in JUNE.

BP 2 comes out two months later. It is STILL FILMING. No villain has been confirmed. No lead has been confirmed. We only know hte general plot, very vague plot because of a leak. The main character is dead in real life. The only confirmed news we've gotten out of the movie is that RiRi is in it (... cool...), T'challa will not be recast, and Letitia is causing covid issues. THAT IS IT.

To be honest, for people excited about the movie, the most concerning thing about the movie is that they haven't even finished filming it yet and it is mid October. And it isn't like the movie is going ot get magical extra attention from Marvel to clean up... there are too many movies coming out. There are 4 MCU movies coming out between now and BPII. Along with Moon Knight, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel TV shows being worked on.
    Yeah, they've been keeping Phase 4 to the chest overall. No Way Home was mostly rumor and speculation before the trailer dropped. Multiverse of Madness is around the corner and still mostly shrouded in mystery. Hardly any set pics leaked when it was filming.

BP2 at this point it's pretty much known it will deal the loss of T'Challa and the looming threat of Namor and Atlantis, who are all but officially confirmed. We know Michaela Coel has been cast as most likely Aneka. We have gotten several set leaks with locations, and Shuri, Okoye and RiRi.

My hype for the film has tanked pretty badly, but it still frustrates me that they didn't delay and give everyone extra time to not only collect their bearings after Chadwick's death, but to do some good extensive, post production. Thor will get a year, Strange will get a year, BP2? only 6-7 months.

Yep, and made worse that whenever we do hear anything from anybody about it cast or not, its always about how "We are going to make T'Chadwick proud" and "We will honor him" and how hard it is to keep going without him there and it's just like.. TF Disney? Why are you intentionally shooting yourself in the foot?right now your giving Zero reason to be excited for the movie, it feels like they are just going to profit off the man's death.. Like they did for the Oscars

That was obvoiusly uncomfortable.

And the Ayo did't wear one in FalWS

Wkabi as border tribe, not HZ
    It sounded like Cooger just decided to combine the entire thing. Wkabi reference themselves as Dogs of War and talked about having spies around the world ready to take action. If the Border tribe already does that then there's no need for the true Hatut.
    Not to mention the complete wasting of the white wolf moniker.
    Of course I could be wrong in that could change in the next movie but since they will supposedly be too busy reliving the death of Chadwick Boseman, introducing Namor and RiRi, and establishing that Wakanda doesnt need t'challa in it they're going to have a lot of stuff to try to fit in there

And from what others have said about Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The Dora seem to be covering all bases
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-12-2021 at 11:27 AM.

As more movies get announced, more heroes/villains are cast, and they kill off the T'Challa in the MCU as the story gets bigger with every movie, then I don't know how T'Challa will still be remembered after 2-5 years.

Doesn't sound like honoring a legacy to me.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-12-2021 at 12:24 PM.

If you’ll forgive my DC bias, BP2 is giving me the same vibes as The Flash. Just like that is primarily aimed and hyped up as being a way to set up the Multiverse so WB can leave the Snyderverse behind, and seems totally uninterested in the supposed title character, BP2 seems like it’s more geared at setting up a bunch of spin-offs (Namor, Atlantis, the Dora, Riri, maybe Nakia as well?) and sending T’Challa off. That the clear choice for a replacement protagonist in Shuri has its own problems now isn’t helping things (reminds me of Ezra choking a woman). Don’t think Disney cares if it’s bad or not, if it flops they’ll just use Wakanda for Disney+ spin-offs and maybe soft reboot with Shuri Panther down the road. Frustrating as hell, don’t want to be cynical, this company put out great Guardians movies so maybe BP2 will surprise us.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

What is this rumor about some actor named Rege Jean from Brighterton series "in talks" to become the next Tchalla?

He is a terribly bad and HORRIBLE choice.

Haven’t heard that, he was in talks to be Adam Warlock but didn’t get the gig. He’d be a good Kasper Cole though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What is this rumor about some actor named Rege Jean from Brighterton series "in talks" to become the next Tchalla?

He is a terribly bad and HORRIBLE choice.
    Coogler will never allow for a light skin T’Challa. But he would be a good choice for Kasper. And speaking of Letitia, Winston Duke has been posting things on his Twitter encouraging people to get vaccinated for the past couple of months. Gee, I wonder why.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly, however, the problem is in the 3rd act. Nakia, Instead of dawning her War dog attire, thus teasing the future group and giving hype for the sequel, they instead put her in a DM outfit, to which she even says she isn't apart of the order, basically taking her unique separate role from Okoye and bleeding the DM into the titles of body guards and spies...
    Why would spies have special costumes?

"I'm undercover! I should put on a costume so everybody knows where I'm from!"

It's a very comic-booky thing that doesn't really make sense in the real world.

(In the comics, the HZ were more like "Secret Police", which is bad optics whatever they wear).

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It sounded like Cooger just decided to combine the entire thing. Wkabi reference themselves as Dogs of War and talked about having spies around the world ready to take action. If the Border tribe already does that then there's no need for the true Hatut.
    You might want to re-watch that scene. At no time does W'Kabi say the Border Tribe are War Dogs. In fact, the reason he doesn't go to Korea is because T'Challa needs the Tribe to protect the borders. They are basically the Coast Guard.