Page 799 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 299699749789795796797798799800801802803809849899 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Why would spies have special costumes?

"I'm undercover! I should put on a costume so everybody knows where I'm from!"

It's a very comic-booky thing that doesn't really make sense in the real world.

(In the comics, the HZ were more like "Secret Police", which is bad optics whatever they wear).

You might want to re-watch that scene. At no time does W'Kabi say the Border Tribe are War Dogs. In fact, the reason he doesn't go to Korea is because T'Challa needs the Tribe to protect the borders. They are basically the Coast Guard.
    Same reason the DM have bright ass red gold and silver accents on them that scream "I'm a right here, shoot me!" Dogs of war are spies and go undercover but you don't think that when it comes time to act they are going to do it wearing a t shirt and jeans and NOT have some cool tech or gear to put on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Same reason the DM have bright ass red gold and silver accents on them that scream "I'm a right here, shoot me!" Dogs of war are spies and go undercover but you don't think that when it comes time to act they are going to do it wearing a t shirt and jeans and NOT have some cool tech or gear to put on?
    I'll let a character created by an old friend of ours answer that question:

Last edited by DigiCom; 10-12-2021 at 01:41 PM.

I'll let a character created by an old friend of ours answer that question:

Who is this?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Oh they would have cool gear and Tech, but unlike the DM you don't want to stand out. Think of Ninjas. They wear blue as a means of hiding in plain sight in the dark. If the War Dogs are the sort to hide out then likely what they wear is designed to blend in. They probably have Kevlar under their clothes but probably are not the sort to battle in a huge war. They would do sneak attacks, knock an enemy out and get to the othe side to either spy or kill.

You don't put spies like them in costume except for a ceremony, in which case it probably is more style than functional use.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Oh they would have cool gear and Tech, but unlike the DM you don't want to stand out. Think of Ninjas. They wear blue as a means of hiding in plain sight in the dark. If the War Dogs are the sort to hide out then likely what they wear is designed to blend in. They probably have Kevlar under their clothes but probably are not the sort to battle in a huge war. They would do sneak attacks, knock an enemy out and get to the othe side to either spy or kill.

You don't put spies like them in costume except for a ceremony, in which case it probably is more style than functional use.
    Exactly. Style. This is a super hero movie. You think what the Dora wear is the best for functionality? Probably not, but it LOOKS cool. I'm not saying that Nakia needed to pull up sporting of flashy gear, however, it made zero sense for her to be wearing Dora gear.

Currently I just feel the war dogs and the white wolf Moniker have been wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who is this?
    Coltrane "Trane" Walker, a.k.a. Xerø, star of the DC comic of the same name by Priest & and ChrisCross.

Actually, I could see these outfits from the new Preview being for War Dogs:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That would be pretty cool, and since the suits are apparently deployed from or activated by the Kimoyo Bead bracelets they're wearing, it would be perfect for blending in until it's time to fight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Coltrane "Trane" Walker, a.k.a. Xerø, star of the DC comic of the same name by Priest & and ChrisCross.
    DC no longer owns Xero-he belongs to Priest now.

Who is this?
    12-13 issue series that came out around the time Milestone ended and Priest was doing his Valiant stuff and getting ready for the Cap America & Falcon run (that was suppose to result in a Falcon solo).

This would be the last new black lead DC series until Jason Rusch's run in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be pretty cool, and since the suits are apparently deployed from or activated by the Kimoyo Bead bracelets they're wearing, it would be perfect for blending in until it's time to fight.
    That's my thought, yeah. I've never been fond of the trope (that happens in a lot of SHIELD books, for example) that espionage agents are more like commandos. If a spy is fighting, something has gone very very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC no longer owns Xero-he belongs to Priest now.
    Yeah, I know, but if you are looking for back issues, they'll be stored under DC. It isn't a Marvel book.

Think of Ninjas. They wear blue as a means of hiding in plain sight in the dark..
    That's actually a bit of a myth. There's very little evidence that ninjas wore special costumes when they did their work. They were more likely to dress like servants or retainers, so they could infiltrate fortresses without calling attention to themselves. Getting caught dressed in a special outfit would be a sure way to get your head chopped off, but a water carrier or sweeper was almost literally beneath notice.

The common image of the ninja outfit actually comes from traditional Japanese stagehands called kuroko, who dressed in black (or other colors, in certain settings) so that they were poorly visible on stage. In certain kabuki plays, ninja characters would dress like stagehands so that they would be "invisible" to the audience.

Here's a modernish example of what the stagehands were like:

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor 4 comes out in May. We know the old heroes returning, we know JaneThor is in it, we know the villain Gorr, we've seen cast pictures of Hemsworth jacked out of his mind, we even know cameos and such. It was done filming in JUNE.

BP 2 comes out two months later. It is STILL FILMING. No villain has been confirmed. No lead has been confirmed. We only know hte general plot, very vague plot because of a leak. The main character is dead in real life. The only confirmed news we've gotten out of the movie is that RiRi is in it (... cool...), T'challa will not be recast, and Letitia is causing covid issues. THAT IS IT.

To be honest, for people excited about the movie, the most concerning thing about the movie is that they haven't even finished filming it yet and it is mid October. And it isn't like the movie is going ot get magical extra attention from Marvel to clean up... there are too many movies coming out. There are 4 MCU movies coming out between now and BPII. Along with Moon Knight, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel TV shows being worked on.
    It really does seem forced. Just another box to check. Especially if the rumors of a young Namor being in Eternals/teasing BP2. Moving on with no T'Challa actually gives them incentive to not give it special attention.

In 2018 we thought they'd learn their lesson with how BP took a backseat to Infinity War in terms of attention. Yet, the lesson they learned is that people saw/enjoyed the movie anyway. So why bother.

Just think about Atlantis. SIX months postproduction??? They had trouble handling an underground mine and a sunset. How can they honor Chad and then rush out what they are honoring?

This? I can get behind this as the new war dog look, gives a distinct difference between T'Challa and the HZ and it looks cool

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Well well well

In the Wakanda business but not the T'Challa business.

RUMOR: Second
    @DanielRPK
    (via patreon), Marvel Studios is developing 3 spin-off series of BLACK PANTHER.
    https://twitter.com/BatatinhaGeek/st...61482445459457

Yall know I love Coates, but there bet not be a Ayo/Aneka series.

Let it be something else promising.

This? I can get behind this as the new war dog look, gives a distinct difference between T'Challa and the HZ and it looks cool
    If that’s what they are it’s a very cool redesign.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/