Page 800 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810850900 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor 4 comes out in May. We know the old heroes returning, we know JaneThor is in it, we know the villain Gorr, we've seen cast pictures of Hemsworth jacked out of his mind, we even know cameos and such. It was done filming in JUNE.

BP 2 comes out two months later. It is STILL FILMING. No villain has been confirmed. No lead has been confirmed. We only know hte general plot, very vague plot because of a leak. The main character is dead in real life. The only confirmed news we've gotten out of the movie is that RiRi is in it (... cool...), T'challa will not be recast, and Letitia is causing covid issues. THAT IS IT.

To be honest, for people excited about the movie, the most concerning thing about the movie is that they haven't even finished filming it yet and it is mid October. And it isn't like the movie is going ot get magical extra attention from Marvel to clean up... there are too many movies coming out. There are 4 MCU movies coming out between now and BPII. Along with Moon Knight, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel TV shows being worked on.
    I think that might be because some movies are meant to be 'pivotal' movies and others are just meant to be fun stand alone romps. They can spoil some of the latter while the former has be kept under wraps. We know very little about Dr Strange 2 (other than the fact that Wanda and the Multiverse are in it), She Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms Marvel and they're all also filming. Only reason anything about Spider-Man: NWH is confirmed is because Sony is co-captioning that leaky ship and somebody leaked the trailer.

My take away is that Dr Strange, Captain Marvel and Black Panther were meant to be the Big 3 of Phase 4 and onwards. Strange gets the Multiverse, Carol gets Secret Invasion and Black Panther gets to introduce Atlantis and Namor into the MCU. Now Boseman's death has complicated their plans and thrown it all into a tail spin. They'll probably give his lines and parts to other supporting characters in order to make it work. I can see them trying to have Sam fill in the void created in the Phase 4 Trinity, I think they would have done Falcon & Winter Solider + Cap 4 anyway but like I don't think Sam was meant to be a primary 'face' of the MCU initially. There is Shang Chi but he just got here and hasn't interacted with the wider universe yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If that’s what they are it’s a very cool redesign.
    Co-signed. And it’s funny how anti recasters keep saying that another person can’t play T’Challa because they’d crack under the immense pressure but given Letitia’s behavior that seems to be exactly what’s happening with her.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well well well

In the Wakanda business but not the T'Challa business.

RUMOR: Second
    @DanielRPK
    (via patreon), Marvel Studios is developing 3 spin-off series of BLACK PANTHER.
    https://twitter.com/BatatinhaGeek/st...61482445459457

Yall know I love Coates, but there bet not be a Ayo/Aneka series.

Let it be something else promising.
    I mean if it's true, all they are going to do is hurt the Brand power of the black panther. No matter what anyone says, the black panther was a great movie BECAUSE of T'Challa, not in spite of him. People love to say they want these side characters to take over but they are not designed to be headliners. Letitia ain't it. She isn't ready to take the reigns of the franchise nor should she until T'Challas story is complete. There are actors who can pick up where Chad left off. They keep saying s
    Chad loved the character and really put his heart and soul into bringing T'Challa to life because he knew his importance. People say they want to honor Chad... Yet don't seem to keen on actually doing so other than using lip service

I mean, they are developing an Agatha movie lol. The bar is low.

These TV shows must drive retention on D+ big time.

Or, if you want to get conspiracy with it, they are moving BP franchise out of hte movie business and into the TV business. Without Chadwick/T'challa to anchor, they realize they are better off using these not star characters and actors on a TV show. I mean... is Winston gonna say no lol? Danai? Letitia? Ayo chick? Aneka chick? They don't have the juice.

It is mostly secondary characters on D+... and now they are developing three series for BP? To me, it sounds like they are moving on and BP is no longer worth a movie slot. BP2 will end with some sort of gross "We are All Black Panther/Wakanda!" type ending and it will feel like the "end" of BP on the big screen.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Or, if you want to get conspiracy with it, they are moving BP franchise out of hte movie business and into the TV business. Without Chadwick/T'challa to anchor, they realize they are better off using these not star characters and actors on a TV show. I mean... is Winston gonna say no lol? Danai? Letitia? Ayo chick? Aneka chick? They don't have the juice.

It is mostly secondary characters on D+... and now they are developing three series for BP? To me, it sounds like they are moving on and BP is no longer worth a movie slot. BP2 will end with some sort of gross "We are All Black Panther/Wakanda!" type ending and it will feel like the "end" of BP on the big screen.
    Or if you REALLY want to get conspiracy with it, one of those shows will be about Shuri becoming Griot, thus paving the way for them using the multiverse to bring in a T’Challa variant for Black Panther 3. A guy can dream.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Or if you REALLY want to get conspiracy with it, one of those shows will be about Shuri becoming Griot, thus paving the way for them using the multiverse to bring in a T’Challa variant for Black Panther 3. A guy can dream.
    Yeah that's a mushroom fueled dream, not a conspiracy lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Isn’t that legends comic releasing today?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

T'challa wasn't physically in Avengers

spoilers:
    Seems like Shulk was sent undercover and this has been a ruse
    end of spoilers

yes

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I know I know its a trash bag website. But We Got This Covered posted this.

Now, our trusted and proven inside sources have shared that Marvel has some concerns about actress Letitia Wright, and they’re making backup plans as they prepare for the worst.
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ver-vax-views/

And Letitia posted this not too long afterwards

THR doesn't make up rumors. THR, Deadline, and Variety are legit with this type of news. So there is definitely smoke.

WGTC likely just took the smoke nad made up bull lol

Oh so she’s back on social media? Guess she’s staying off of Twitter then.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

To me... That would just be weird. Like, how can you take a billion dollar franchise, the first out of 20 movies to hit 700 mil domestic before your avengers movies, first Oscar winning movie out of all of them, and a literal cultural zeitgeist and say "Eh let's just remove the main character and piece the supporting cast off into shows and pretend for the sequel that the franchise holder was never the focus".

I don't want to believe marvel could be that dense and they realize that T'Challa needs to continue. But strange times we live in.

I found it a bit ironic that with these articles with Letitia and her anti vaxx sentiments creeping up, a few news articles were trying to say "People need to separate the actress from the character" yet for T'Challa its all "No one can replace Chad, he WAS/IS the King" hypocritical really.

It's definitely a retelling of the origin but at this point it has to be with all the outside influences on the franchise and the lack of continuity between writers. Nothing happened that we dudnt already know but its nice to see young Tchalla and I am a fan of young Hunter too.
    Shuri is in it as the MCU lab rat version but it is what it is with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To me... That would just be weird. Like, how can you take a billion dollar franchise, the first out of 20 movies to hit 700 mil domestic before your avengers movies, first Oscar winning movie out of all of them, and a literal cultural zeitgeist and say "Eh let's just remove the main character and piece the supporting cast off into shows and pretend for the sequel that the franchise holder was never the focus".

I don't want to believe marvel could be that dense and they realize that T'Challa needs to continue. But strange times we live in.

I found it a bit ironic that with these articles with Letitia and her anti vaxx sentiments creeping up, a few news articles were trying to say "People need to separate the actress from the character" yet for T'Challa its all "No one can replace Chad, he WAS/IS the King" hypocritical really.
    Double standards are a hell of a drug. Especially since they’re probably the ones who were calling for Chris Pratt to be canceled for his religious views. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

By listening to focus groups whose biggest takeaway was the supporting cast and the diversity rather than the portrayal of the lead character who the director didnt "get" as a draw.