Page 804 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 304704754794800801802803804805806807808814854904 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    At least 3 series devoted to the universe of BLACK PANTHER would be in development on the side of Disney +. ( via
    @DanielRPK
    )
    At the moment, 2 series are officially known:
    Right-pointing triangle A series on Wakanda (Ryan Coogler in production)
    Right-pointing triangle A series with Okoye
    https://twitter.com/MarvelCineVerse/...15317740077056

Are they filming the movie and series at the same time? Or just someone misreading his info?
    Most likely a misread. Coogler is already emotionally drained working on this movie so I know he doesn’t want to strain himself further by doing a tv series at the same time.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I like Hudlin. I like Hudlin's run. Hudlin is one of the few BP writers who WANTED to write him, who championed the character, who pushed the character, and actually liked the character. Everything Hudlin did was designed to push T'challa higher and higher.

But

I think nearly every one of his retcons and decisions backfired in the worst possible way long term for T'challa. Whether it was his retcon of Wakanda, the addition of Shuri, Storm, sidelining the 2 dora system into an army, getting blown up by Doom, the massacre of T'challa's entire supporting cast

Just... yikes. It came from a heart of gold but yikes
    It’s crazy how one real life tragedy is making creations and decisions made from a place of love detrimental long term.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I like Hudlin. I like Hudlin's run. Hudlin is one of the few BP writers who WANTED to write him, who championed the character, who pushed the character, and actually liked the character. Everything Hudlin did was designed to push T'challa higher and higher.

But

I think nearly every one of his retcons and decisions backfired in the worst possible way long term for T'challa. Whether it was his retcon of Wakanda, the addition of Shuri, Storm, sidelining the 2 dora system into an army, getting blown up by Doom, the massacre of T'challa's entire supporting cast

In itself, the retcon of Wakanda makes sense., He didn't want to have Wakanda come off as being stereotypical Africa until T'Challa went to the west and got EDUCATED to bring it back to Wakanda. The problem here was when T'Challa took over, Hudlin didn't make up for his massive feat given by Priest.

"When T'Challa took over, he did two things unheard of in Wakandan history. He advanced Wakandan technology ahead by a century, not even the great King T'Chaka pulled off such a feat. And he opened Wakanda to the rest of the world, thus removing the myth of Wakanda and making our presence known to the world" this should of been said by S'Yan during WitBP.

Shuri- her role could of stayed the same throughout, but her end game should of never been to be Black Panther. Maybe High priestess of the Panther clan, it's the one thing I think Coates did fine with in terms of separating her from T'Challas shadow.

Storm- left how Priest had it. Star crossed lovers that never could be together due to their paths in life.the death of T'Challas male cast should not of happened. Wkabi and Zuri were the MOST developed cast members in his franchise and to kill then was just bad straight up.

I thought it was Mayberry who created the Dora army. Hudlin always had two Dora. His mistake was not naming them. Doom? That was the unfortunate circumstance of him not writing Doom war and Mayberry completing it for him.

I agree Ultimately that Hudlin made some mistakes all rookie mistakes because he was new to the craft, and his changes were twisted form their intended purpose. At this point, either Ridleys (unlikely) OR if they get Redjack on board afterwards, needs to come in and clean up his origin. Take Priest elements of T'Challa advancing Wakanda to the 22nd century but add in Hudlins 10k years of prior advancement. Give Shuri the role Redjack gave in KiB (ie an alchemist) forever have T'Challa and Storm go their own way, Retell the FF encounter and have T'Challa straight beat the FF. Call it a day.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

But

I think you're going a bit overboard. Not without merit, but your frustration is clouding your judgement.

Having said that. I'll admit its messing with me as well. Im starting to agree with those who blame Hudlin for Shuri. One not really giving her a defining role (say what you will but Coates and Coogler did that) However, by Hudlin starting that now we are faced with Shuri being a lead of the franchise and the rest of the world seemingly ok with it cause she was the BP for a brief time. For that I blame Hudlin and I fear its going to change the outlook on film and potentially comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It’s crazy how one real life tragedy is making creations and decisions made from a place of love detrimental long term.
    It's crazy how 3 people ahead of their times (Priest, Hudlin, and Chadwick) hard work and dedication to the character has been misinterpreted and twisted so horribly into what we are getting in the MCU now

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really do think for the cast and crew it was out of a place of love/grief. However, by them okaying that it pushed it to another extreme.
    Ironic since T'Challa scolded Erik that you've taken the most extreme message/path from your father's ideals. Again from a place of love but bec

Thats basically whats happening now. At one point (even to me) it was understandable and whether agree or disagree could be seen as "the right thing". Now its just burning down everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I think you're going a bit overboard. Not without merit, but your frustration is clouding your judgement.

Having said that. I'll admit its messing with me as well. Im starting to agree with those who blame Hudlin for Shuri. One not really giving her a defining role (say what you will but Coates and Coogler did that) However, by Hudlin starting that now we are faced with Shuri being a lead of the franchise and the rest of the world seemingly ok with it cause she was the BP for a brief time. For that I blame Hudlin and I fear its going to change the outlook on film and potentially comics.
    Eh Coates yes, Coogler? No, how he went about it, he didn't just give her a defining role, but took one of T'Challas core aspects and created Shuris entire identity around it. Kinda like how they treated banner in the MCU, he played second fiddle to Tony in EVERYTHING super genius and tech related, and it bled into everything else. Even in Thor 3 when he could of been the "Smart guy" role he was dumbed down.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-14-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's crazy how 3 people ahead of their times (Priest, Hudlin, and Chadwick) hard work and dedication to the character has been misinterpreted and twisted so horribly into what we are getting in the MCU now
    Sad that all the effort Chadwick put into making T'Challa and Wakanda what it is is going to end up dying with him apparently. No one is going to remember T'Challa in the MCU after 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Eh Coates yes, Coogler? No, how he went about it, he didn't just give her a defining role, but took one of T'Challas core aspects and created Shuris entire identity around it. Kinda like how they treated banner in the MCU, he played second fiddle to Tony in EVERYTHING super genius and tech related, and it bled into everything else. Even in Thor 3 when he could of been the "Smart guy" role he was dumbed down.
    I feel like (I could be wrong/giving him the benefit of the doubt) that was a Feige call. He wanted James Bond. So Shuri being the Q is what simplified things like that. There was a lot to juggle in the 1st movie. In its search to not have an empty supporting cast (like Most MCU movies) he had to upgrade everyone else. He gave Shuri a role. However, yes it came at the expense of T'Challa but I think a lot of good movies have that issue.

People complain about the The Dark Knight Trilogy not having enough Bruce Wayne being a detective or building his own weapons as well. Its tough. I think (especially with there being a 4 hour version out there) they probably cut a few more moments indicating T'Challa's genius because of run time. They could have done a better job of if not showing T'Challa's genius but having Shuri or someone stating all of his intellectual feats. Again maybe they had it but it was cut out.

In hindsight I wish they had just cut Shuri out of movie altogether. Or at least cut out Wright. Remove the love interest angle and let Lupita's Nakia be Shuri. Instead of finding his ex love he went to find his sister to inform her of their dad being killed. Shuri decided to be a War Dog basically and its consistent/generational as T'Chaka/N'Jobu took different paths as well.

That would have been a way to streamline everything and still keep T'Challa's genius intact. After first mission in the movie mission he decides to upgrade his own suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I like this variant cover.

That is very nice

But

He definitely had the vision, I give him credit for actually elevating TChalla on the world stage in Comics and getting him a cartoon on BET.
    He didn't predict X office meddling but pairing storm and panther together if handled properly in all forms of media would be pop culture dominance so he was a Visionary in that sense. I wish he had created Shuri to be something else other than a sibling. I know he wanted to give his daughter something but the idea just doesn't work on any level. If T'Challa ever stops being Panther it should be his son or daughter that follows
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-14-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Hunter was a mistake and a crap reverse Token character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Hunter was a mistake and a crap reverse Token character.
    Highly disagree. I always saw Hunter as more of a deconstruction of the White savior trope. The only downside is that I can see a lot of white fans infantilizing him like they do with other white “bad boy” characters like Kylo Ren.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I like this variant cover.

It's cool but are those supposed to be past BPs and if so are they just random or are we supposed to know who they are?