Page 82 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So I have two more episodes left of the serial box and I have to do that so far.... I'm disappointed.

Other than RJs 3 wonderful episodes, it's painfully clear that the only exposure, research, or motivation that the other writers seem to have is from Coates version abd the movie. Taking the worst parts from both and combining it into one, there's so much that could of been done to showcase T'Challa and Wakanda and it feels like they just drop the ball and are too focused on trying to form some weird Coates/MCU version that they downplay T'Challas power and how dangerous Wakanda should be. Other than RJ, T'Challa is just not impressive. There's so much focus and highlight that Shuri is THE genius that is gets obnoxious to hear about. Frankly it Seems only RJ cares to show that T'Challa is more than just a king and fighter.

It's been incredibly frustrating to listen to and I found myself rolling my eyes several times. Again, on not done yet but I gotta say, if THIS is the future for T'Challa going for abd the new status quo that permeates throughout all mediums... Then I won't be supporting it or getting any new BP material if this is the treatment he gets.
    Please take a look at King in Black.

Astonishing Member

So I have two more episodes left of the serial box and I have to do that so far.... I'm disappointed.

Other than RJs 3 wonderful episodes, it's painfully clear that the only exposure, research, or motivation that the other writers seem to have is from Coates version abd the movie. Taking the worst parts from both and combining it into one, there's so much that could of been done to showcase T'Challa and Wakanda and it feels like they just drop the ball and are too focused on trying to form some weird Coates/MCU version that they downplay T'Challas power and how dangerous Wakanda should be. Other than RJ, T'Challa is just not impressive. There's so much focus and highlight that Shuri is THE genius that is gets obnoxious to hear about. Frankly it Seems only RJ cares to show that T'Challa is more than just a king and fighter.

It's been incredibly frustrating to listen to and I found myself rolling my eyes several times. Again, on not done yet but I gotta say, if THIS is the future for T'Challa going for abd the new status quo that permeates throughout all mediums... Then I won't be supporting it or getting any new BP material if this is the treatment he gets.
    Sums up my thoughts on the project rather well. We are getting a new wave of writers nowadays who more than likely didn’t know or give a crap about T’Challa prior to the MCU. They only take inspiration from the incompetent, regretful king of the Coates era and the neophyte, conflicted “good man” of the Coogler take. Writers who don’t know how to give T’Challa a proper poker face, refuse to portray his badass standoffishness, and are more interested in elevating the world of Wakanda (the side characters and “worldbuilding”) than they are a strong lead protagonist.

They see the appeal of the BP franchise as not T’Challa, but everything and everyone around him, all of it brought together by his apologetic tone and stale personality. I expect more of this in the future because not only will T’Challa’s most visible incarnation be denied the chance to grow and influence future depictions, but it seems like the only people Marvel will allow to use T’Challa prominently are black writers who suck at writing him. Modt his solo outings save Rise have been garbage because you have creators who are stuck trying to do their best impression of the worst elements from Coates and the MCU. At best they see his writing under Priest and Hudlin as boring or OP, at worst they see it as problematic and in need of tuning down. It sucks that this is the type of writing Marvel allows to get put out with their premier black hero.

This is the new status quo unfortunately. A hot mess of different characterizations and no history. And with Marvel turning down Redjacks pitch for whatever story he was going to tell im sure all we are going to get is a mix of Coogler/Coats new Wakanda. Both of which were not fond of the character of Tchalla.

Will be interesting to see what they go with on Shuri.
    Tech genius smarter than all of Marvel lab rat
    Or resurrected Dr Strange poet.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-04-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This is the new status quo unfortunately. A hit mess of different characterizations and no history. And with Marvel turning down Redjacks pitch for whatever story he was going to tell im sure all we are going to get is a mix of Coogler/Coats new Wakanda. Both of which were not fond of the character of Tchalla.

Will be interesting to see what they go with on Shuri.
    Tech genius smarter than all of Marvel lab rat
    Or resurrected Dr Strange poet.
    Please check out King in Black.

Incredible Member

O'll be picking up KIB for sure. 100% but in the broader sense of things...seriously, how did it come to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Already preordered it sir..you know what you're doing

Already pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    As far as the Orishas and the Wakandan gods, here is Coates biggest problem. If the Wakandan people can worship someone enough to elevate them to godhood, why hasn't any Black Panther reached that status? They did it with Storm so it makes little sense that they couldn't do it with a BP.
    Well, he's male. Men are unworthy of worship, dontchaknow?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    1. I didn't know Nighthawk had skills like that.
    He's not!Batman. Of course he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    O'll be picking up KIB for sure. 100% but in the broader sense of things...seriously, how did it come to this?
    Picking writers for their literary reputation, not their ability to tell a good story.

"Sheath"?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

"Sheath"?

Sheath

noun: sheath; plural noun: sheaths
    a cover for the blade of a knife or sword. A protective covering.

Sheath

noun: sheath; plural noun: sheaths
    a cover for the blade of a knife or sword. A protective covering.
    Yeah, I know. Just an odd name for what I assume is some variety of protective armor. Evocative, though... it's like each individual Wakandan soldier is a claw of the Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yeah, I know. Just an odd name for what I assume is some variety of protective armor. Evocative, though... it's like each individual Wakandan soldier is a claw of the Panther.
    it's vibranium alloy. Nowhere near as good as the Panther's habit but WAY better than kevlar or any other kind of conventional armor.

it's vibranium alloy. Nowhere near as good as the Panther's habit but WAY better than kevlar or any other kind of conventional armor.
    I wonder if Kasper feels jealous.

Please take a look at King in Black.
    Already counting down the days, and again props to you on your episodes. It's Crazy how without even looking art the writer's I could tell your episodes apart from the others immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Sums up my thoughts on the project rather well. We are getting a new wave of writers nowadays who more than likely didn’t know or give a crap about T’Challa prior to the MCU. They only take inspiration from the incompetent, regretful king of the Coates era and the neophyte, conflicted “good man” of the Coogler take. Writers who don’t know how to give T’Challa a proper poker face, refuse to portray his badass standoffishness, and are more interested in elevating the world of Wakanda (the side characters and “worldbuilding”) than they are a strong lead protagonist.

They see the appeal of the BP franchise as not T’Challa, but everything and everyone around him, all of it brought together by his apologetic tone and stale personality. I expect more of this in the future because not only will T’Challa’s most visible incarnation be denied the chance to grow and influence future depictions, but it seems like the only people Marvel will allow to use T’Challa prominently are black writers who suck at writing him. Modt his solo outings save Rise have been garbage because you have creators who are stuck trying to do their best impression of the worst elements from Coates and the MCU. At best they see his writing under Priest and Hudlin as boring or OP, at worst they see it as problematic and in need of tuning down. It sucks that this is the type of writing Marvel allows to get put out with their premier black hero.
    Yeah it baffles my mind. It really just makes me feel they much more bitterness that they allowed Coates so much time to really dig his roots deep and THIS is the T'Challa the new wave is introduced to. A ishtty weakass version of himself. Like cot damn man it was literally night and day when RJ wrote T'Challa and the others, and both he AND Shuri were allowed to shine. It wasn't "Shuri will solve it" or " I need your intellect to help me win" towards the end of the series I started asking legit is this Black Panther series or a Shuri series? Because she Seems to be doing more heavy lifting then T'Challa. That's not a good sign.

I feel that people see T'Challa as stoic and pragmatic and relegate him to being boring, or go the other way and have him constantly doubting himself. Like, wtf? Dude is 3 steps ahead, always prepared, that's the best version. Shuris joke cracking side can play around that but HE is the main character above all

Seeing T'challa the Warrior and General makes me so happy.

This might be #myT'challas swan song.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html