Page 831 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 331731781821827828829830831832833834835841881931 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Interesting cover.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

I want the one where he's rolling his eyes at the cover with Storm and Gentle on it.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

For some reason, this gives me Ultimate Fallout #4 vibes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Isn’t that what we want though? .
    100%

I have no problem if T'challa's faults and weaknesses lead to him taking an L... and then adapting to overcome.

That is what is supposed to happen.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Isn’t that what we want though? I don’t think anyone realistically wants a character that NEVER takes L’s. There should absolutely be moments where T’Challa falters, questions himself, and has to get back up. What most fans of any character don’t want is for that to be the only story told or for the only character beat to be “I’m not good enough”

If Hickman took on T’Challa he’d take the character to places he’s never been in terms of feats, influence, and heroism. I’m fine with that being accompanied by some setbacks, it’s not a fun story if there’s never any reckoning for the protagonist or any major defeats. Redjack did mostly the same thing, great moments but also times where T’Challa straight up gets beat. So idk, Hickman returning T’Challa to form as the arrogant James Bond meets Doc Savage of the MU has potential, it’s certainly more exciting than what the usual BP creators bring to the table.
    T'Challa is out of whack thanks to Coates misguided attempt to make him some kind of insecure king who doubts everything that he's been trained to do.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    100%

I have no problem if T'challa's faults and weaknesses lead to him taking an L... and then adapting to overcome.

That is what is supposed to happen.
    Pretty much. It's like that writer who said he wanted T'Challa/Black Panther to be for black kids what Spider-Man was for kids in general missed the point of the character --- namely that while Spider-Man does take plenty of losses, both in combat and in life, every time the villains (and maybe the readers) make the mistake of counting him out, he comes back in the clutch for an epic win through a combination of the determination to persevere in spite of the odds against him and the intelligence and strategic and/or tactical acumen to compensate for his own weaknesses while also exploiting his opponent's weaknesses. If they're going to make T'Challa more Spider-Man-like, at least have the decency to not be like those who misunderstand Spider-Man's appeal as being rooted in the hardships he faces rather than how he ultimately triumphs over them or at least perseveres in spite of them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I want the one where he's rolling his eyes at the cover with Storm and Gentle on it.
    Lol, or the one of him flipping off all of Coates issues whole they are burning in a pile

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Lol, or the one of him flipping off all of Coates issues whole they are burning in a pile
    With a fat one rolled up in a Doomwar issue in the other hand. Lol
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    With a fat one rolled up in a Doomwar issue in the other hand. Lol
    And throw in the Avengers issue where he died from falling

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Has he done anything since....... Heroes Reborn?
    He had those fights in the Pheonix arc. He's been working with Blade to contain the vampires. Right now, it's that Russian She-Hulk arc. It looks he worked out some plan with Jennifer to trick the Winter Guard. It kind of feels like a shonen pull that is done for dramatic effect but doesn't hold up if you read too carefully. Because I'm pretty sure Tony ended up getting wrecked by Gorilla Man like two issues back, and I'm the only one talking about it, but I digress.

Bottom line, regardless of the quality of the Avengers book, I know BP will get his boss moments. It's been many many years since I could say the same thing about the BP title. I've had to get my BP fix from: events, minis, one-shots, or other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Is Hudlin the last time T'Challa was actually happy and loved by his country in the comics?
    in a solo ongoing? yes

There've been oneshot and appearances in other titles where we've seen that T'Challa. But in his solo ongoing. It's been a long time.

Props to the scouts who've been buying the comics and reporting back, ebcause the drought has been long.
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-21-2021 at 07:10 PM.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I need the yawn emoji.

Whether Grace is right or not doesn't matter. No T'Challa.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The MCU was a freaking curse to this character. All of it.
    Nah.

If it hadn't become an MCU property this franchise would NEVER have become the multi book franchise that it now is.

For those that didn't like the main book, there was the Narciss mini series, Agents of Wakanda, the Legends book out now and others.

There are always at least two or three BP books on the stands now with new stories in them as opposed to the one book every 2 years maybe with possibly a trade featuring stories from the 70's or 80's (in other words, stuff I already owned)that we got in the post Hudlin era.

Captain America and Daredevil now only get one mini every 3 years since Bendis left Marvel. Maybe. So if you aren't enjoying the main titles there you are just SOL.

Another comparison we can look at is Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel is also an MCU property and where are HER mini series? There was maybe one? I think?

The most the MCU did for her was keep her title published. Which is no small thing, but it's not a multi book franchise in any way shape or form.

Black Panther even if you don't like some of the books being published or ANY of the books being published now, at least people have a choice of books now.
    That was not the case before. It was all the book could do to stay published in the Priest era.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    This gave me joy and also made me sad. You see the smile on this kids face, imitating T'Challa and here the MCU is going to take him away from him.
    https://twitter.com/CAKinDC/status/1450943325712834561

It a concern.
    https://twitter.com/chinchilla1970
    Production designer retweeted this as well. How can they see that be so ok with killing TChalla. That lil boy is going to watch his "hero" be killed in a year. Do they realize what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    https://twitter.com/chinchilla1970
    Production designer retweeted this as well. How can they see that be so ok with killing TChalla. That lil boy is going to watch his "hero" be killed in a year. Do they realize what they are doing
    That kid is in for a rude awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    He had those fights in the Pheonix arc. He's been working with Blade to contain the vampires. Right now, it's that Russian She-Hulk arc. It looks he worked out some plan with Jennifer to trick the Winter Guard. It kind of feels like a shonen pull that is done for dramatic effect but doesn't hold up if you read too carefully. Because I'm pretty sure Tony ended up getting wrecked by Gorilla Man like two issues back, and I'm the only one talking about it, but I digress.

Bottom line, regardless of the quality of the Avengers book, I know BP will get his boss moments. It's been many many years since I could say the same thing about the BP title. I've had to get my BP fix from: events, minis, one-shots, or other titles.
    Oh im cool with Aaron's T'challa

Just been months since he's been able to do anything substantial.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html