Page 846 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 346746796836842843844845846847848849850856896946 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,690 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It doesn't even seem like anyone involved is even trying. It's like they are just going through the motions
    Gosh, it's almost like the movie is still being filmed!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The hype for the first film was out of this world long before cameras started rolling and even increased (which is unprecedented) up until after the film's release. There's a reason why BP was the highest grossing domestic film of 2018 even beating Infinity War. There's a reason why BP is the highest grossing solo comic book film of all time.

With BP2, it's an echo chamber of crickets. Compared to when the BP was announced, BP2 isn't even part of any meaningful conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    The hype for the first film was out of this world long before cameras started rolling and even increased (which is unprecedented) up until after the film's release. There's a reason why BP was the highest grossing domestic film of 2018 even beating Infinity War. There's a reason why BP is the highest grossing solo comic book film of all time.

With BP2, it's an echo chamber of crickets. Compared to when the BP was announced, BP2 isn't even part of any meaningful conversation.
    Note the complete lack of hype for these projects as well:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    Thor: Love and Thunder
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
    Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Or these projects:

Ms. Marvel
    Moon Knight
    She-Hulk
    Secret Invasion

At best, we get the occasional leaked set photo. That's just the way things ARE, post-Endgame. BPWF isn't getting any less hype than the rest of Phase Four. Marvel Studios didn't even have a panel at SDCC this year!

Note the complete lack of hype for these projects as well:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    Thor: Love and Thunder
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
    Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Or these projects:

Ms. Marvel
    Moon Knight
    She-Hulk
    Secret Invasion

At best, we get the occasional leaked set photo. That's just the way things ARE, post-Endgame. BPWF isn't getting any less hype than the rest of Phase Four. Marvel Studios didn't even have a panel at SDCC this year!
    To be fair Multiverse of madness has plenty of hype. As does no way home.

Those other projects however not so much but this is Thor's 4th movie and people were kind of burnt out after the second one anyway.
    Black panther is (well was) a bigger hot topic than any of those other franchises judging by the past lead up to the movie starting all the way back to his appearance in Civil War the chatter on social media was completely different and next level.
    Certainly has a lot to do with the death of Chad though
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-03-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black panther is (well was) a bigger hot topic than any of those other franchises…
    Emphasis mine.

I have no idea what the chatter is out in the real world, but in the social media echo chamber of the post-pandemic world no MCU (or, frankly, DCwhateverU) project has the screaming hype of the older movies. People analyze, theorize, and complain, but there's little excitement. Same is true of Star Wars, Star Trek, and the new Matrix film.

The only project I've seen that had anything like the pre-COVID hype was Dune, and even that was relatively low-key. (Good movie, tho)
    Last edited by DigiCom; 11-03-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Looks like Squares President is throwing Crystal Dynamics under the bus for Avengers.

We should note that Crystal Dynamics was mainly known for developing single player titles before avengers and GAAS was entirely new territory for them and as we can see, they’re clearly not ready for that kind of model. I can only hope the controversy from this game gets more developers to shy away from GAAS.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Looks like Squares President is throwing Crystal Dynamics under the bus for Avengers.

We should note that Crystal Dynamics was mainly known for developing single player titles before avengers and GAAS was entirely new territory for them and as we can see, they’re clearly not ready for that kind of model. I can only hope the controversy from this game gets more developers to shy away from GAAS.
    Sounds like they're not blaming the games as a service aspect of it and in fact doubling down on that being the future of gaming LOL definitely thankful for the Black Panther content but I'm very upset that it had to be tied to such a dying franchise. They better just make a spin-off single player campaign and expand it

What does that have to do with the hype surrounding BP 1 though? There was tons of hype behind it before during and after filming. Again, going by how people talk in interviews it's clear they're hearts aren't in it (rightfully so) but the decision to keep going with the project instead of letting them grieve for longer then 3 months would of helped

Emphasis mine.

I have no idea what the chatter is out in the real world, but in the social media echo chamber of the post-pandemic world no MCU (or, frankly, DCwhateverU) project has the screaming hype of the older movies. People analyze, theorize, and complain, but there's little excitement. Same is true of Star Wars, Star Trek, and the new Matrix film.

The only project I've seen that had anything like the pre-COVID hype was Dune, and even that was relatively low-key. (Good movie, tho)
    Fair point

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The Harder They Fall

Sidenote
    1. Elba could have been a great Priest Panther years ago.
    2. I still feel Lakeith should have been Achebe. Who knows maybe by doing a smaller film they could have got the sequel out before Chad's health got bad.

Emphasis mine.

My job has me talking to lots of people and I commonly ask them what they are doing on the weekends just as small talk.

Since the pandemic (and i live in FL lol)... no one mentions movies. At all. It is odd. Big marvel movies used to be mentioned all the time along with other blockbusters.

Dune is probably the only movie that has been mentioned in 2 years. And that was one person who said they read the books and then my dad lol.

Black widow, shang, venom, Bond... not one person has brought it up. It is odd.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    My job has me talking to lots of people and I commonly ask them what they are doing on the weekends just as small talk.

Since the pandemic (and i live in FL lol)... no one mentions movies. At all. It is odd. Big marvel movies used to be mentioned all the time along with other blockbusters.

Dune is probably the only movie that has been mentioned in 2 years. And that was one person who said they read the books and then my dad lol.

Streaming is the future, once TV's production value got equal to the movies' it was only a matter of time before the latter took a hit. COVID definitely doesn't help. I don't see too much talk about Black Widow and Venom but everybody and they're mom saw WandaVision and Loki. Animation is the next wave imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The Harder They Fall

Sidenote
    1. Elba could have been a great Priest Panther years ago.
    2. I still feel Lakeith should have been Achebe. Who knows maybe by doing a smaller film they could have got the sequel out before Chad's health got bad.
    Once again, everyone but Marvel studios knows how to properly honor someone.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Covid man. People aren't eager to gather in confined spaces knowing they could be exposed even if they are vaccinated.

But even if they aren't going to theaters, there's still buzz about certain movies good or bad. Look at Eternals(which I think will be a good movie), there's conversation around the movie because of the diversity of cast and characters, which some people don't like. They tried to bomb it on Rotten Tomatoes which seams the popular thing for haters to do.

Maybe the lull caused by the pandemic and Chris Evans and RDJ taking their final bows have caused some uncertainty around the MCU. I think that if Chad were still alive, he would have continued the hype around the MCU as the new face.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Streaming is the future, once TV's production value got equal to the movies' it was only a matter of time before the latter took a hit. COVID definitely doesn't help. I don't see too much talk about Black Widow and Venom but everybody and they're mom saw WandaVision and Loki. Animation is the next wave imo.
    I think streaming TV and movies will learn to work hand in hand a lot better. TV shows will have plots and cliff hangers leading into movies as we've seen with the MCU. Once more and more people become vaccinated and we get like 85-90% of the US as well as other movie-going populations around the world, we'll see trend up again.

There was buzz leading up to both Black Widow and Venom movies and now that they're done, it's on to the next thing. People have short memory spans.