Page 851 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 351751801841847848849850851852853854855861901951 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...any new previews on the actual comic book...the only BP IP I'm intersted in that's actually being produced right now?
    No, this has been painful lol

REDJACK! Get back in here and give us a cryptic video game smiley face to give us hope about something lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well Wright denied the anti vax nonsense onset was untrue. But who the hell knows at this point.
    IIRC, she didn't deny it. She just side stepped it. I hope she learned better though.

Everything has been a hot mess ever since Chadwick passed and Feige confirming TÂ’Challa wonÂ’t be recast.
    No kidding. The first one was one of the best solo MCU stories. A true gem. Hope this one isn't a lump of coal dropped on our laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I find it very odd. Angela Bassett said the injury was very minor and that she was only in the hospital for a few minutes to get checked out then released.

But who knows, Leticia lies and Marvel studios lies. Could just be trying wait out controversy. Follwing up Chadwick with an un-abashed anti-vaxxer in the middle of Covid is a tough sell and the press circut would be rough for her.
    It is very odd. I am willing to consider the possibility that it was an injury they didn't know about initially or they downplayed initial injury. Cobie Smulders once broke her leg and didn't realize until much later (although it was found only overnight and not several months): https://classic.teamcoco.com/video/c...ers-broken-leg

I think if they wanted to wait out the controversy they would have had Letitia issue a statement like she did before and not delay the movie. The worst case scenario is that she has COVID and they didn't want to be on the wrong end of the public backlash for that.

Winston really wasnÂ’t kidding when he said that Chadwick was the glue that held everything together.
    He really was. Lets hope that if its bad it's Thor: TDW bad and not Cats/WW84/Titans bad and that Marvel has realized that recasting is the only way to go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Just remembered this will be Ryan's first film without Michael B. Jordan as one of the major stars. I know opinions of him are mixed. However, he was someone Coogler could lean on and power through these movies.

Now there's no Chad, no MBJ, Lupita hasnt filmed for months, Wright via injury is changing the entire production. Who does he lean on? Forrest Whitaker was a mentor to Ryan as well.

Feige cant be on set all the time like he was years ago. Thats the issue of having 4 films going on at the same time (so to speak).
    I think Nate Moore is the one over seeing BP so that's who will be guiding and supporting Coogler from behind the scenes. From what I understand Fiege is just one component in a larger team of producers called 'The Marvel Parliament'. He is but one of the producers who oversees the whole thing but there are projects he is more involved in than others and individual producers chosen for specific projects. Nate Moore is overseeing BP, Eternals, Falcon &WS and Wakanda Forever. Fiege seems to be more hands on involved with Loki, WV, Dr Strange and Spider-Man related stuff while Trinh Tran over saw Avengers: IW, EG and now Hawkeye and the upcoming Echo show.
    Last edited by John Venus; 11-06-2021 at 04:47 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...that's tragical. Isn't it supposed to be released this month?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think got delayed by a week but I have to double check.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Let's do it. Who should we recast her with?
    No idea. Keke Palmer, maybe?

I think got delayed by a week but I have to double check.
    Black Panther #1 (November 24, was November 17)

The wait continues...

The whole comic line got pushed back and there have been barely any releases the last few weeks

covid + paper issues got blamed

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I think Nate Moore is the one over seeing BP so that's who will be guiding and supporting Coogler from behind the scenes. From what I understand Fiege is just one component in a larger team of producers called 'The Marvel Parliament'. He is but one of the producers who oversees the whole thing but there are projects he is more involved in than others and individual producers chosen for specific projects. Nate Moore is overseeing BP, Eternals, Falcon &WS and Wakanda Forever. Fiege seems to be more hands on involved with Loki, WV, Dr Strange and Spider-Man related stuff while Trinh Tran over saw Avengers: IW, EG and now Hawkeye and the upcoming Echo show.
    Those were a couple of letdowns from Nate imo.

I hope he's got things in order for BPWF.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The whole comic line got pushed back and there have been barely any releases the last few weeks

covid + paper issues got blamed
    Ahhh. At least it's still in November...for now.
    (I'm not giving the lack of paper issue much credence because they're still publishing a slew of pointless variants. Clearly the shortage is not that serious.)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-06-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    No idea. Keke Palmer, maybe?
    Dude Keke is a solid actress, no lie I think she would be a great Shuri. Didnt Yara Shahidi say she step down from auditioning or accepting the role of Shuri so Letitia could get it or something?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude Keke is a solid actress, no lie I think she would be a great Shuri. Didnt Yara Shahidi say she step down from auditioning or accepting the role of Shuri so Letitia could get it or something?
    Is Keke a solid actress? I don't remember the last time there was any buzz around a project of hers.

Yara stepped down basically because she didn't think it would be right for a lightskinned person to take such a prominent role in a movie that was supposed to center an uncolonized African country. Which makes sense, if Wakanda was located more near Ethiopia like it is in some comics it'd be somewhat justifiable since she's actually from there iirc. But when it's right next to Kenya and Rwanda, Marvel shouldn't have even considered an actress lighter than Leticia. The fact they even approached Yara then during the press tour tried to act like they were always supporting darkskin actresses is pretty trash and not discussed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Is Keke a solid actress? I don't remember the last time there was any buzz around a project of hers.

Yara stepped down basically because she didn't think it would be right for a lightskinned person to take such a prominent role in a movie that was supposed to center an uncolonized African country. Which makes sense, if Wakanda was located more near Ethiopia like it is in some comics it'd be somewhat justifiable since she's actually from there iirc. But when it's right next to Kenya and Rwanda, Marvel shouldn't have even considered an actress lighter than Leticia. The fact they even approached Yara then during the press tour tried to act like they were always supporting darkskin actresses is pretty trash and not discussed enough.
    Marvel was always doing some sus things regarding Wakanda’s portrayal in the MCU before it even debuted. The fact that Chadwick had to talk Marvel out of giving T’Challa a British accent should tell you everything.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Maybe Keke isn't a big name per se, bit I DO think she is a solid actress, I would definitely put her above Letitia (this isn't even based on some negative feelings around Letitia, but purely based on talent) and I think she would of made a great Shuri. She has some good range imo.

I would also put Yara above Letitia too but it makes sense that she would step down, though I will say there are some light skinned DM in the movie, it's less a big deal if they aren't on major roles

The fact they even approached Yara then during the press tour tried to act like they were always supporting darkskin actresses is pretty trash and not discussed enough.
    Because 'for the culture' or "for little black boys' or "pushign STEM for black girls!' and all the other stuff was nothing but marketing. Easy to get sucked into thinking it wasn't at the time because hype levels were off the chart.

But in retrospect, why does all the "culture" stuff seemed to have come from one person (chadwick)? Was he the only one with pull to get what he wanted or was he the only one that gave a shit?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    But in retrospect, why does all the "culture" stuff seemed to have come from one person (chadwick)? Was he the only one with pull to get what he wanted or was he the only one that gave a shit?

I think they all did but I think Chad took what Ike was doing more personal. We have had Static, Blade and Spawn with shows and movies and 3 Power Ranger shows with a black man as the HNIC-yet folks still doubted the need for culture and for black boys and girls.

To do a movie starring AFRICANS-knowing blacks and African do NOT get along with each other-yet that film still did a billion and got 3 Oscars.

Keke to me is one of those actresses that while she does NOT bring a ton of buzz-she brings in that creditability to a film or show. That will attract people to watch.

We have seen these folks Debbie Morgan, Arjay Smith, CC Pounder, Charles S Dutton, Tyler James Williams, Lynn Whitfield, John Boyega and so on. Not big stars but they can only ADD to a movie than detract. Michaela Cole is one of those.
    The movie can be the WORST thing in history but they will get kudos for take bleep and making it work in their role.

Yara stepped down basically because she didn't think it would be right for a lightskinned person to take such a prominent role in a movie that was supposed to center an uncolonized African country.
    Funny she should claim that. Considering how many light skinned women I see in African tv shows and movies-who tend to play royalty. It's generally a dark skinned girl getting the best of them.