Page 856 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 356756806846852853854855856857858859860866906956 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,840 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    5 years?

He was announced as director in 2015 and the film got released in 2018. Unless he was in cahoots with Marvel before they initially wanted to pick Ava, then, I don't know how he was building around the character for 5 years. Maybe after the first BP?
    Thats what I'm saying. Since 2015 he's been WORKING on T'Challa. Even when he had to write him out his mind has been on T'Challa because of that. The time put in for BP1 and the BP2 up until Boseman's death is a lot of time focused on a character.

He spent 2 years post BP1 working on what T'Challa will do. Many script rewrites, etc. Thats a lot of time focused on a character. WE just dont/didnt get to see all the work behind it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...r-tchalla-son/

I mean how old would the kid actually be? Maybe some time travel stuff could come into play?

There is a 5 year gap thanks to Endgame. Toss in 13 years and you get an 18 year old that might have been born during T'Challa's college years.

Unless we are talking an adopted kid like the one we saw at the end of the first movie.

Whose to say all that time traveling by Cap and others did not accidently create a T'Challa junior or another brother. Who might be pretending to be the King's Cousin-maybe the one we saw in Ms marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Im not gonna hold someone not liking something at one time against them forever.

I think the reality is Boseman died, Marvel still wanted their movie out, the cast (Angela/Lupita/Letitica) seemed against recasting as well and Ryan's been forced to make decisions that simply arent that appealing. Or at least the kind of decisions you make when you havent had a chance to grieve or properly plan.
    I mean, like you just said. Of course the cast is against recasting as is everyone who was involved when it happened. They literally announced the no Recast less than 3 months after his passing (which means they probably got that answer much sooner, possibly a month or two at most the announcement. How the hell would anyone respond to that? If they instead decided to push back starting it's filming to 2022 like they have to do now because of Letitias injury, the would be in a position to do a recast and people would be more onboard.

anything that is NOT a continuation of MCU T'Challas story arc is a dumb idea and won't be received very well like they think. Especially because everything set up from the first movie prevents this from happening without heavy/contrived retcons

If Coogler does follow the son storyline, won't that be a repetition of what he did with Creed?
    Last edited by Dboi654; 11-08-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If Coogler does follow the son storyline, won't that be a repetition of what he did with Creed?
    Sort of. Bast, this franchise has become a massive headache.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Neither did Priest...

I'll allow it.
    Yeah, I'ma channel some of that Digi energy on this too... I mean, y'all know how DUMB and convoluted that isht would be? WORSE than trying to explain Shuri all of a sudden going through some training montage to take the mantle. This doesn't even take I to consideration that again, of your going to use time traveling than why not bring in variant T'Challa. Or better yet, WHY ho through all this convoluted BS when a Recast is 100% easier. Yes they will be compared to Chad, but who cares? Every bond, Superman, Batman, Spidey, joker etc. Is compared to their predecessor. There are people who can do it and continue the story. Some T'Challa Jr. Is just as stupid as trying to have Shuri take over T'Challas arc. They aren't the same person. Don't try to make it the case

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its a bit of both. Story issues and there is a blandness to it. Should have been a series.

Honest question tho. If 5 years from now people love Nu'Challa and by some crazy method aged him to be similar to Priest Panther what will the response be? Cause I get an am fr eing angry now. However, what if they deliver the T'Challa you've always wanted on film, but just not in the method you wanted it?
    If it ain't T'Challa then no. I don't care to see Shuri BP, Nakia BP Okoye etc. If it's not T'Challa it ain't worth it. They do t do this to there other heroes why would we accept this for T'Challa? This is T'CHALLAS franchise, not Black Panther mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, I'ma channel some of that Digi energy on this too... I mean, y'all know how DUMB and convoluted that isht would be? WORSE than trying to explain Shuri all of a sudden going through some training montage to take the mantle. This doesn't even take I to consideration that again, of your going to use time traveling than why not bring in variant T'Challa. Or better yet, WHY ho through all this convoluted BS when a Recast is 100% easier. Yes they will be compared to Chad, but who cares? Every bond, Superman, Batman, Spidey, joker etc. Is compared to their predecessor. There are people who can do it and continue the story. Some T'Challa Jr. Is just as stupid as trying to have Shuri take over T'Challas arc. They aren't the same person. Don't try to make it the case
    If they are going to fail us, they will fail us completely.

No half-assed attempt. Full-fledged frakkery.

This just an opinion and does not reflect the views of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You think this might be another reason they pushed this back besides Letitia getting buff to fight Namor?

Maybe they want to re-shoot some footage and then after the movie has been released, we can demand the Coogler Cut.

I'd rather demand that Coogler be cut. No business handling this franchise if he doesn't understand the importance of the character. Put him on Luke Cage or something
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-08-2021 at 05:17 PM.

conspiracy theory says they pushed it back, then delayed the shoot and told this leaker to leak this idea on purpose to see the response....

trust nothing, trust no one
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'd rather demanded that Coogler be cut. No business handling this franchise if he doesn't understand the importance of the character. Put him on Luke Cage or something
    Speaking of Luke Cage it'd be nice for him to get revamped for the main MCU timeline (preferably with a different actor lol). Honestly don't know if I'd want Coogler to do it, let other black talent shine IMO. Quite literally the worst thing that could happen is letting one black man decide how every major black character in the MCU gets treated. He's got enough on his plate with the BP fanfic he's doing anyway lol.

I guess it doesn't mean anything now since T'Challa isn't there anymore but it would've been dope to see their friendship adapted. Really play into the "hero for hire" element of his character and have him be a merc T'Challa hires to help lead a ragtag group of Wakandan spies and other allies. A D+ show that's The Crew meets Agents of Wakanda would be really nice.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-08-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'd rather demand that Coogler be cut. No business handling this franchise if he doesn't understand the importance of the character. Put him on Luke Cage or something
    I want a Miles solo before any other hero.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If it ain't T'Challa then no. I don't care to see Shuri BP, Nakia BP Okoye etc. If it's not T'Challa it ain't worth it. They do t do this to there other heroes why would we accept this for T'Challa? This is T'CHALLAS franchise, not Black Panther mantle.
    Well the point of that post was that the child would essentially be "T'Challa 2.0" except he lost his father at a young age.

I will say I wonder if this is what Martin Freeman was confused about.

Just a random question. TChalla’s main form of transportation is his hover bike right? I mean he uses other crafts but isn’t that the most notable one?

[QUOTE=Vanguard;5806763]Just a random question. TChalla’s main form of transportation is his hover bike right? I mean he uses other crafts but isn’t that the most notable one?

Yes, it was his signature form of transportation that he used sparingly in the comics.

Wished we had seen his floating throne in live-action