Page 871 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 371771821861867868869870871872873874875881921971 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because EVERYONE wants to tell the T'Challa/Storm story. And T'Challa vs Klaw. And T'Challa loses the throne (usually to Killmonger or Man-Ape).

Nobody ever wants to do something NEW.
    Liss run looks fresher and fresher with every passing year lololol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Because EVERYONE wants to tell the T'Challa/Storm story. And T'Challa vs Klaw. And T'Challa loses the throne (usually to Killmonger or Man-Ape).
    Um.

Yeah.

Not everyone.

Nobody ever wants to do something NEW.
    Eyes on Green Lantern, please.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I still don't understand this obsession with Storm needing to be injected into everything BP, I don't care for the synopsis either. Like, T'Challa is special among a nation of special people, can we see WHY that's the case please? Can T'Challa be allowed to be excellent because of who he is and not ALWAYS having to be taught stuff by other characters? What of did it right when it came to T'Challa, he changes the people and things around him, that's why he is so special, BP or T'Chalord doesn't matter, his actions and presents changes people for the better
    I'm just tired of the retellings of the same damn time period. We've seen several iterations of T'Challa and Storm meeting. The ONLY people that give a damn now are superfans who buy anything BP or Storm (and I'm sure that will be reflected in the sales). We've seen T'Chaka die god knows how many times. Like we just had Rise go through all this shit, few people that read that are gonna wanna read this.

Why not focus on the time between T'Challa's walkabout and him entering Challenge Day? That's a complete blank slate of about a decade when T'Challa was studying abroad, training with the greatest Wakanda had to offer, probably starting his shady research into the likes of the Avengers and FF. I'd much rather see T'Challa in his teens and early 20s than another retelling of his childhood. It's probably the deadest horse of the entire franchise outside Wakandan civil wars and Klaw.

And the obsession with Storm is because most BP writers tend to be bigger fans of the X-Men than they are BP. So they'll bend over backwards to include mutants because they know a BP book is the only way they'll write X-Men. Blame Hudlin, this wasn't a problem before he put them together and the character of T'Challa is gonna suffer for the rest of his publication history because you can't put that genie back in the bottle. If Ridley's endgame is to replace T'Challa there's a high probability it'll be a damn mutant (on top of them being "extra" diverse like gay or disabled).
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-13-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm just tired of the retellings of the same damn time period. We've seen several iterations of T'Challa and Storm meeting. The ONLY people that give a damn are superfans who buy anything BP or Storm (and I'm sure that will be reflected in the sales). We've seen T'Chaka die god knows how many times. Like we just had Rise go through all this shit, few people that read that are gonna wanna read this.

Why not focus on the time between T'Challa's walkabout and him entering Challenge Day? That's a complete blank slate of about a decade when T'Challa was studying abroad, training with the greatest Wakanda had to offer, probably starting his shady research into the likes of the Avengers and FF. I'd much rather see T'Challa in his teens and early 20s than another retelling of his childhood. It's probably the deadest horse of the entire franchise outside Wakandan civil wars and Klaw.
    Yupp. All of this.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Seriously that’s a time brimming with potential. He doesn’t have the heart shaped herb enhancements, or the tech, or all of Wakanda to back him up, all he’s got are his fists, his brains, and his willpower. Zdarsky is doing a mini coming up that covers that same period of Batman’s life over at DC, if it does well I hope Marvel responds by green lighting a Black Panther mini that does the same for T’Challa.
    And the obsession with Storm is because most BP writers tend to be bigger fans of the X-Men than they are BP. So they'll bend over backwards to include mutants because they know a BP book is the only way they'll write X-Men. Blame Hudlin, this wasn't a problem before he put them together and the character of T'Challa is gonna suffer for the rest of his publication history because you can't put that genie back in the bottle. If Ridley's endgame is to replace T'Challa there's a high probability it'll be a damn mutant (on top of them being "extra" diverse like gay or disabled).
    Writers using the books I actually like to try to work their way into a more popular franchises (treating the books basically as “auditions” for the books they actually want) is annoying as hell. Especially since the Storm relationship is dead in the main books and can’t ever happen in the MCU with Chadwick’s passing. Time to let it go.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seriously that’s a time brimming with potential. He doesn’t have the heart shaped herb enhancements, or the tech, or all of Wakanda to back him up, all he’s got are his fists, his brains, and his willpower. Zdarsky is doing a mini coming up that covers that same period of Batman’s life over at DC, if it does well I hope Marvel responds by green lighting a Black Panther mini that does the same for T’Challa.

Writers using the books I actually like to try to work their way into a more popular franchises (treating the books basically as “auditions” for the books they actually want) is annoying as hell. Especially since the Storm relationship is dead in the main books and can’t ever happen in the MCU with Chadwick’s passing. Time to let it go.
    Yea Zdarsky's work with Batman in that period is what Marvel should be doing with BP. The reason they won't is because it means no mutants, less Shuri, and showing T'Challa as competent and independent which is the antithesis of what Marvel is trying to present for the character right now. When everything is about the "world of Wakanda" it means T'Challa can't shine because all too often it means weakening him so secondary characters and other franchises can do the heavy lifting. Like if we ever did get the story of when T'Challa researched how to beat the FF they'd almost certainly have it so Shuri invented most of the tech and the Dora came up with the idea lol. Conceptually it's a rich period for T'Challa but I doubt they'd do it justice anyway.

It was clear as day Coates would've rather written a Storm book after that first arc, he was basically begging Marvel to give him something more with the character. And it came at the expense of T'Challa and his lore because Marvel editors suck and no one actually values T'Challa, just what he represents in terms of marketing. The best hope we have that they leave T'Challa out of X-stuff is if Storm ends up with Wolverine in the MCU, that'll tie her permanently to that character and give T'Challa some freedom in the comics.

Killing off T'Challa and giving him a kid with Nakia will only further make his romance with Storm culturally irrelevant. Ewing's much vaunted space era seems to be flopping with the cancellation of Guardians and the impending end of SWORD so his efforts to continue the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda's story in the X-books probably won't lead anywhere either. Ridley has a real opportunity to create some distance between T'Challa and these other characters that hurt the IP but we'll see what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Liss run looks fresher and fresher with every passing year lololol
    A true under appreciated gem

Ultimate Member

If WF doesn't do well, which do you think is more likely?

Marvel Studios: We were wrong! We should have recast! Forgive us!

or

Marvel Studios: Well, I guess that didn't work. Who else do we have that can appeal to that demographic?
    1.3 billion and 3 Oscars & dominating Amazon trade sales for 3 straight years says it DID work.

Marvel Studios: Maybe having an anti vaxxer as the lead was NOT the best option. Which justifies NOT doing a black female lead movie again.

Get John Boyega on the phone-we still own him for those 3 Star Wars movie. If he passes Caleb McLaughlin-can't be that busy being ignored for his sister on Stranger Things.

Yea Zdarsky's work with Batman in that period is what Marvel should be doing with BP. The reason they won't is because it means no mutants, less Shuri, and showing T'Challa as competent and independent which is the antithesis of what Marvel is trying to present for the character right now. When everything is about the "world of Wakanda" it means T'Challa can't shine because all too often it means weakening him so secondary characters and other franchises can do the heavy lifting. Like if we ever did get the story of when T'Challa researched how to beat the FF they'd almost certainly have it so Shuri invented most of the tech and the Dora came up with the idea lol. Conceptually it's a rich period for T'Challa but I doubt they'd do it justice anyway.

It was clear as day Coates would've rather written a Storm book after that first arc, he was basically begging Marvel to give him something more with the character. And it came at the expense of T'Challa and his lore because Marvel editors suck and no one actually values T'Challa, just what he represents in terms of marketing. The best hope we have that they leave T'Challa out of X-stuff is if Storm ends up with Wolverine in the MCU, that'll tie her permanently to that character and give T'Challa some freedom in the comics.

Killing off T'Challa and giving him a kid with Nakia will only further make his romance with Storm culturally irrelevant. Ewing's much vaunted space era seems to be flopping with the cancellation of Guardians and the impending end of SWORD so his efforts to continue the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda's story in the X-books probably won't lead anywhere either. Ridley has a real opportunity to create some distance between T'Challa and these other characters that hurt the IP but we'll see what he does.
    Ridley met the bare minimum requirements by saying that he likes T’Challa in an interview lol. But since this run is supposedly about T’Challa being put through the ringer, hopefully it’ll be more along the lines of BPQ and not Coates. And hopefully space Nakia can be revived as well. One thing I’ll give Coates aside from Griot Shuri is that he left Nakia in a position where she can be revived should Ridley see fit.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    1.3 billion and 3 Oscars & dominating Amazon trade sales for 3 straight years says it DID work.

Marvel Studios: Maybe having an anti vaxxer as the lead was NOT the best option. Which justifies NOT doing a black female lead movie again.

Get John Boyega on the phone-we still own him for those 3 Star Wars movie. If he passes Caleb McLaughlin-can't be that busy being ignored for his sister on Stranger Things.
    Caleb is a bit too young for my tastes. Let him be Static instead. Lol. As for Boyega I guess he’d be a good choice, helps that’s he’s known Letitia for a decade. Assuming Marvel won’t be at their wits end with her if this movie ever gets finished.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm just tired of the retellings of the same damn time period. We've seen several iterations of T'Challa and Storm meeting. The ONLY people that give a damn now are superfans who buy anything BP or Storm (and I'm sure that will be reflected in the sales). We've seen T'Chaka die god knows how many times. Like we just had Rise go through all this shit, few people that read that are gonna wanna read this.

Honestly yeah, I would rather see after the walk about, or the later parts when he is getting his education through out the world (more so to assess where the rest of the World falls in terms of advancement to Wakanda and of there is anything to gain from them) followed by a retelling of his interaction with the FF as that hasn't been adapted since the cartoon, and his spying on the Avengers. All of this I would use as a new sinister 6 esque team is evaluating how dangerous their target is while setting up how to take him down, first by throwing the Black order at him, having BD and proxima get killed respectively by T'Challa and Shuri to clear up that loose end and having this team using others to try and get an edge on T'Challa whole he simultaneously figures out who the puppet master is

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ridley met the bare minimum requirements by saying that he likes TÂ’Challa in an interview lol. But since this run is supposedly about TÂ’Challa being put through the ringer, hopefully itÂ’ll be more along the lines of BPQ and not Coates. And hopefully space Nakia can be revived as well. One thing IÂ’ll give Coates aside from Griot Shuri is that he left Nakia in a position where she can be revived should Ridley see fit.
    Yea putting T'Challa through the ringer means a lot of things so while it can be worrying coming off the Coates era it can also be really rewarding. Priest had T'Challa take some pretty catastrophic Ls and that's the best BP run (I can't in good conscious consider Hudlin the best anymore since a lot of the modern problems with BP are straight up his fault lol). Redjack's take is another great example of a T'Challa that had flaws, made mistakes and got beat up but still rose to the occasion.

If Ridley's approach is along those lines we're in for a treat and having read some of his Batman the potential is there. It's not a great series but it's competently written and there's an obvious effort to show a character that is fundamentally a good, competent hero even if they face adversity and self-doubt. Seeing T'Challa in that light would be a breath of fresh air and would do more to keep sales afloat than another Storm-centric issue.

Hot take: Space Nakia sucked as a character (like all of Coates' OCs) and I'd rather see a non-AU/multiverse LI lol. The IGEW doesn't need to completely go away (I think the concept is salvageable) but I have zero interest in seeing her or nuM'Baku when you have a million ways to contrive the return of their 616 counterparts. Just bring in a Wakandan spy called Nakia and keep it pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

No. Get someone with more star power then boyega to play T'Challa, I am all for him getting a chance to not be isht on like star wars did to him, but there are many other's o put ahead of him. Ther names have been listed here several times and given two are at DC currently I would say Sope Dirisu is my first choice then Damson Idris and Trevante Rhodes since Aldis and Yahya are unavailable

Yea putting T'Challa through the ringer means a lot of things so while it can be worrying coming off the Coates era it can also be really rewarding. Priest had T'Challa take some pretty catastrophic Ls and that's the best BP run (I can't in good conscious consider Hudlin the best anymore since a lot of the modern problems with BP are straight up his fault lol). Redjack's take is another great example of a T'Challa that had flaws, made mistakes and got beat up but still rose to the occasion.

If Ridley's approach is along those lines we're in for a treat and having read some of his Batman the potential is there. It's not a great series but it's competently written and there's an obvious effort to show a character that is fundamentally a good, competent hero even if they face adversity and self-doubt. Seeing T'Challa in that light would be a breath of fresh air and would do more to keep sales afloat than another Storm-centric issue.

Hot take: Space Nakia sucked as a character (like all of Coates' OCs) and I'd rather see a non-AU/multiverse LI lol. The IGEW doesn't need to completely go away (I think the concept is salvageable) but I have zero interest in seeing her or nuM'Baku when you have a million ways to contrive the return of their 616 counterparts. Just bring in a Wakandan spy called Nakia and keep it pushing.
    Exactly, I don't care of the OC is used to fill the void Left by wkabi and Zuris death, so long as they aren't used how Coates used every character or named T'Challa to take feats away from him.

If T'Challa gets a new best friend and LI and still gets the lions share of feats and development I would be okay with it. Of ots Coates 2.0 I'm gone

I'm just tired of the retellings of the same damn time period.
    LOL

If you are goign to give us "kid" T'challa, can we at least see what kind of training a Prince gets IN BAST DAMN WAKANDA??? Can we get a little Wakandan culture here for bast sake? No? We doing the tired Walkabout thing again? That story sucked the first time.

God, if you are going to retell stuff, can we go back to the Roy Thomas days and start retconning some of those shit stories instead lol?

Can we get more S'yan at least? I liked Rise S'yan, give me that old cranky dude lol.

It is getting to the point that T'chaka has died as often as poor Uncle Ben.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html