Page 909 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 409809859899905906907908909910911912913919959 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 15079

OH, one thing I did like is that the Wakandans were shown to be human and not mindless robots

spoilers:
    the desire to bang >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the mission lol
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I can't wait to check this out i am excited

I can't wait to check this out i am excited
    It is at least not boring lol

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Regarding Black Panther #1:

It's not bad.

It's just not for me.

I can't really point at exactly what about it is off-putting, but I think it's a combination of T'Challa's characterization, a "secret" that should have been expected, and some of the dialogue choices. I'm really not sure.

It's lightyears better than bloody Coates, tho.
    I will agree somethign just felt slightly off and I don't know what it is either.

Not off enough where I won't keep reading and definitely lightyears better than Coates, but there was just something... weird.

Maybe it was the art lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Respect the drip

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I pretty much agree with all this.

The fact that...

spoilers:
    It is 10 wakandans that faked their death rules out Gentle though right? But I have no idea who that "rules in." It would have to be some OC.
    end of spoilers

I am not sure how I feel about

spoilers:
    recognizing the parliament lol. I was hoping it would just continued to be ignored just like Coates ended up doing. Continuity is good but... id rather leave it all behind.

So the parliament is 100% gonna outst T'challa aren't they? Hence the "new protector" of Wakanda?
    end of spoilers

Gonna be quite the reveal when

spoilers:
    we hear who the villain is. If this was something ONLY t'challa knew about... how were they found out? Telepaths? surely they have defense for it. Did T'challa text the wrong person one day lol?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is a wild theory but what if Gentle's just the Trojan Horse for the actual Wakandan spy? Nezhno's gotta play a role in the story somehow, he's appeared too prominently in the promotional material not to. If the spy's a mutant maybe they're puppeteering him or hiding in his vibranium tattoos or something with their powers. Or Gentle's backstory is all BS fabricated by T'Challa and Wakandan intelligence. But I agree it's most likely an OC. How they got on Mars and got to such a prominent position on Mars should be interesting and could have impact on the entire MU.

I'm kinda surprised the Parliament got rolled into this run too. But I guess it's a convenient way to justify T'Challa spending more time alone and abroad, which I'm all for. Plus it plays well with the idea T'Challa's a man of action and thinks incredibly clearly. Wouldn't be surprised if Ridley's plan is to have the BP mantle stripped from T'Challa and given to someone else to be Wakanda's equivalent to Captain America. The Parliament clearly doesn't like him so putting a government dog in T'Challa's place could be the plan.

I think one of the spies went rogue and is dismantling the program from the inside out. The trailers have been hinting at betrayal so I wouldn't be surprised if one of T'Challa's agents got radicalized by something (or someone) and is going after him. But I think we saw their leader and they didn't speak like a Wakandan so who knows.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-24-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    This is a wild theory but what if Gentle's just the Trojan Horse for the actual Wakandan spy? Nezhno's gotta play a role in the story somehow, he's appeared too prominently in the promotional material not to. If the spy's a mutant maybe they're puppeteering him or hiding in his vibranium tattoos or something with their powers. Or Gentle's backstory is all BS fabricated by T'Challa and Wakandan intelligence. But I agree it's most likely an OC. How they got on Mars and got to such a prominent position on Mars should be interesting and could have impact on the entire MU.

I'm kinda surprised the Parliament got rolled into this run too. But I guess it's a convenient way to justify T'Challa spending more time alone and abroad, which I'm all for. Wouldn't be surprised if Ridley's plan is to have the BP mantle stripped from T'Challa and given to someone else to be Wakanda's equivalent to Captain America. The Parliament clearly doesn't like him so putting a government dog in T'Challa's place could be the plan.

I think one of the spies went rogue and is dismantling the program from the inside out. The trailers have been hinting at betrayal so I wouldn't be surprised if one of T'Challa's agents got radicalized by something (or someone) and is going after him. But I think we saw their leader and they didn't speak like a Wakandan so who knows.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Spy gone rogue is the most obvious but it is almost too obvious IMHO. But one of the agents basically snapping due to isolation would work. And since T'challa called them "the best," it makes they could be a challenge to deal with.

That parliament chick is 100% stripping T'challa's authority in some way lol. I'l be curious how much power they actually have over the BP mantle though. The old tribal council had a lot of power over it (gillis).

Not gonna lie too... i low key enjoyed T'challa "i live for this" at the end. Like... F it... someone is going after my people and I have to stop them and it might destabilize the world and all my friendships and such? Ok.. whatever lol
    end of spoilers

Feels good to be excited about a black panther comic book again. Mystery, intrigue, TChalla being TCHALLA.

The only complaint I have is the casual dialect of TChalla at times but that will likely get better. Shuri also annoys me but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Feels good to be excited about a black panther comic book again. Mystery, intrigue, TChalla being TCHALLA.

The only complaint I have is the casual dialect of TChalla at times but that will likely get better. Shuri also annoys me but thats just me.
    It's not the first time Shuri has been annoying so I'm kind of used to it

I think what bugged me the most are these things:

spoilers:
    A good chunk of the book is people scolding T'Challa for his actions.

The Parliament, for him acting like a king.
    Cap, for him not spending enough time leading the Avengers
    Shuri, for him having the sheer GALL to have undercover agents (which is rather hypocritical, given that she created PRIDE). And I didn't see people shocked when they saw the War Dogs do the EXACT SAME THING in the movie.

Secondly, the whole sleeper agent thing is poorly executed. Am I to believe T'Challa could only find 10 Wakandans to go into deep cover, (one a close friend) and two of them broke protocol to get busy? It makes the whole plan sort of WTF.

Finally... making the dead sleeper just HAPPEN to be an old friend of his, so that we can get a scene of him breaking down in tears? I've seen enough Sad Panther.
    end of spoilers

Maybe I am too cynical. But I miss a competent T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:

Spy gone rogue is the most obvious but it is almost too obvious IMHO. But one of the agents basically snapping due to isolation would work. And since T'challa called them "the best," it makes they could be a challenge to deal with.

That parliament chick is 100% stripping T'challa's authority in some way lol. I'l be curious how much power they actually have over the BP mantle though. The old tribal council had a lot of power over it (gillis).

Not gonna lie too... i low key enjoyed T'challa "i live for this" at the end. Like... F it... someone is going after my people and I have to stop them and it might destabilize the world and all my friendships and such? Ok.. whatever lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea unless it was revealed T'Challa's been lying about being the only one aware of the program I don't see how it couldn't be one of spies. I agree it's pretty obvious but I think the real kick is supposed to come out of how T'Challa uncovers the mystery for himself.

The structure of Wakanda's government has always been so arbitrary that they'd probably just reveal the Parliament retained the Tribal Council's power to challenge the BPs authority. Either that or T'Challa willingly gives up the position to prevent further conflict and focus on a bigger threat. He's so focused rn that he may feel he doesn't really need the mantle to get **** done, just like during his Hell's Kitchen days.

Yea like one review said this T'Challa relishes power and leadership. That's not entirely inconsistent with how he's been depicted in the past (see Hudlin and the cartoons). And after years of self-loathing I'm down for a younger-feeling T'Challa that embraces his power and stops apologizing for who he is. He shouldn't be like that 100% of the time but for an intro arc I like that T'Challa seems on his ****. We already got some really interesting conflicts set up that I'm looking forward to.
    end of spoilers

Thank you all for posting spoiler tags. I won't pick this up until the weekend.

And making Barry(Bari) into the villain isn't a bad idea. Have him working with Hunter or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Respect the drip

Respect the hairline!

Great start to this run so far and it's great being able to actually enjoy the BP solo book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I think what bugged me the most are these things:

[spoil]A good chunk of the book is people scolding T'Challa for his actions.

spoilers:
    The Parliament, for him acting like a king.
    Cap, for him not spending enough time leading the Avengers
    Shuri, for him having the sheer GALL to have undercover agents (which is rather hypocritical, given that she created PRIDE). And I didn't see people shocked when they saw the War Dogs do the EXACT SAME THING in the movie.

Secondly, the whole sleeper agent thing is poorly executed. Am I to believe T'Challa could only find 10 Wakandans to go into deep cover, (one a close friend) and two of them broke protocol to get busy? It makes the whole plan sort of WTF.

Finally... making the dead sleeper just HAPPEN to be an old friend of his, so that we can get a scene of him breaking down in tears? I've seen enough Sad Panther.
    end of spoilers

Maybe I am too cynical. But I miss a competent T'Challa.
    spoilers:
    But unlike in previous stories (Coates) T'Challa stands strong and makes it clear he's not there for the nonsense. I don't want a book where other heroes and every single Wakandan fawns over T'Challa, that's boring. Stories need conflict and tension.

The council scolded T'Challa because he called them out on their incompetence and then he left when it was clear they were too inefficient.

He swatted away Cap's criticisms while keeping a massive secret that he knows would distract from his plans if the Avengers found out.

He requested Shuri's help and got scolded but kept it pushing with zero adjustments to his plan because he believes she's wrong and that he's 100% right. He stuck to his guns and actually put together a counterargument with a semblance of depth.

You're free to feel how you want and I agree T'Challa shouldn't get too much ****. But the point of those moments was to show T'Challa taking criticism and standing above it. Literally the opposite of Coates, where it was him opining on how T'Challa was a bad person and T'Challa saying "yessir"

I think showing the agents breaking protocol humanized them. It was definitely silly but it's hardly egregious. I agree the friend should have been someone from a previous run, not an OC. T'Challa's emotional response would have resonated more if it was someone we cared about, a scene of them in a market isn't enough. A moment or two of Sad Panther works for me as long as that's not the only depiction.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-24-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    But unlike in previous stories (Coates) T'Challa stands strong and makes it clear he's not there for the nonsense. I don't want a book where other heroes and every single Wakandan fawns over T'Challa, that's boring. Stories need conflict and tension.

The council scolded T'Challa because he called them out on their incompetence and then he left when it was clear they were too inefficient.

He swatted away Cap's criticisms while keeping a massive secret that he knows would distract from his plans if the Avengers found out.

He requested Shuri's help and got scolded but kept it pushing with zero adjustments to his plan because he believes she's wrong and that he's 100% right. He stuck to his guns and actually put together a counterargument with a semblance of depth.

You're free to feel how you want and I agree T'Challa shouldn't get too much ****. But the point of those moments was to show T'Challa taking criticism and standing above it. Literally the opposite of Coates, where it was him opining on how T'Challa was a bad person and T'Challa saying "yessir"

I think showing the agents breaking protocol humanized them. It was definitely silly but it's hardly egregious. I agree the friend should have been someone from a previous run, not an OC. T'Challa's emotional response would have resonated more if it was someone we cared about, a scene of them in a market isn't enough. A moment or two of Sad Panther works for me as long as that's not the only depiction.
    end of spoilers
    it...

spoilers:
    Should have been Taku.

Dude has just disappeared from the mythos anyway. Say they faked his death and went undercover.

Honestly, other than Taku, I don't even know who is from the old mythos that would even work at all. T'challa doesn't have many Wakandan friends and even less that are still alive. Taku, Malakai and.... ??

I'm not sure there is really anyone that could have gave the depth any weight simply because T'challa has no friends lol

It is cool he is seemingly getting a new sidekick though! thta is actually wakandan and the suit looks cool. Too bad the love interest angle is completely shut down due to her banging his friend lol
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-24-2021 at 10:15 AM.