Page 928 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 428828878918924925926927928929930931932938978 ... LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 15079

And Back to the Shuri issue already

"Twelve-year-old Shuri is a lot of things. Scientist. Princess. All around cooler person than her pain-in-the-butt big brother, T’Challa. Shuri knows she could do so much more to help Wakanda, but everyone is obsessed with the prince because he’s the next Black Panther."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...-graphic-novel
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-01-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

"Twelve-year-old Shuri is a lot of things. Scientist. Princess. All around cooler person than her pain-in-the-butt big brother, T’Challa. Shuri knows she could do so much more to help Wakanda, but everyone is obsessed with the prince because he’s the next Black Panther."

Bitter rivals already. I guess T'Challa is holding Shuri back.

I wonder if Ridley plans to give TChalla any new abilities or equipment
    Honestly I hope he keeps the Force push. It was poorly used under Coates but there is do much potential for it, I kinda wish that he used it at the start instead of Cap and Thor knocking the monsters away, or atleast have it be a team effort like when Tony and T'Challa toasted the vampires in Avengers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly I hope he keeps the Force push. It was poorly used under Coates but there is do much potential for it, I kinda wish that he used it at the start instead of Cap and Thor knocking the monsters away, or atleast have it be a team effort like when Tony and T'Challa toasted the vampires in Avengers
    Same, even if I'd like to see more if he redirected the kinetic energy absorbed by his Panther Habit into enhanced striking power, jumping distance, and/or running speed. The kinetic push would still be great for when he couldn't engage in close-quarters combat with his opponents, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I mean when will they learn that the way to make a character endearing and last is to not have them shot all over the mythos they come from and steal characteristics and traits from the title character and make them into their own character with their own abilities unique to them and not ripped off from the franchise holder they are a supporting cast member from

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Im hoping for less suit stuff and more TChalla stuff. Maybe summoning individual skills from past panthers as KOTD. The suit is starting to become a crutch that unfans want given to other side characters

Astonishing Member

Eh it’s a YA comic, they sell decently online but they don’t really make new fans of the franchise that actually go out and buy in-continuity books or video games. And a very common trope in their storytelling is “so and so (usually female) character is the bestest ever and/or being held down by her parents/siblings/teachers and they’re off on an adventure to save the day!!!!”

It’s not serious and mostly meant to be fun romp for young people who aren’t really in comic culture that deep. I’ve bought them for my kid, nieces and nephews, etc. Plus Hudlin’s the one who should be blamed because he’s the one that made Shuri’s entire character be about her thirsting for the throne and pretty much inventing her for the sole purpose of replacing T’Challa (temporarily). Coogler pushed that by making MCU Shuri the bratty little sister always ragging on her brother. Which is a thing in real life (I know it well lol).

So as annoying as it is, that’s kinda the point of her character in many respects, someone to take T’Challa down a notch through digs in an attempt to humanize him. A lot of people can relate dynamics like theirs, where it gets thorny is when 1. There are active attempts to diminish T’Challa so she can shine and 2. The character never grows past that. We’ve been getting some iteration of jealous, petty Shuri that steals stuff from her brother since her creation and while the mainline comics seem to be moving away from that we still get shades of it here and then. Like in the video game and of course the MCU where she’s already stolen his intelligence and likely the mantle as well.

Astonishing Member

T’Challa doesn’t need more powers, he needs more creative writers that can utilize what came before to their fullest extent. Kinetic energy absorption and redirection, anti-metal claws, energy daggers, and vibranium weave suit with top tier martial arts skills and one of the most brilliant minds on Earth is enough for me lol. What more does the man need to be one of the most dangerous people alive, class 100 super strength?

If writers just used the stuff he already has to its full potential T’Challa can take down most threats as is. For instances where he can’t he can prep like Priest had him do to amazing effect. I’m with MOS now, get rid of KOTD or just pretend it doesn’t exist (which they more or less do anyway outside the meetings with past BPs, which T’Challa could do before the upgrade.) T’Challa doesn’t need necromancy anymore than Captain America needs to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same, even if I'd like to see more if he redirected the kinetic energy absorbed by his Panther Habit into enhanced striking power, jumping distance, and/or running speed. The kinetic push would still be great for when he couldn't engage in close-quarters combat with his opponents, though.
    It's easily one of the most versatile tools in his arsenal I don't think Ridley will get rid of it as it's used all throughout the 616, I just hope he uses on a way that's not lazy like Coates to make up for his lack of being able to write a fight scene

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa doesn’t need more powers, he needs more creative writers that can utilize what came before to their fullest extent. Kinetic energy absorption and redirection, anti-metal claws, energy daggers, and vibranium weave suit with top tier martial arts skills and one of the most brilliant minds on Earth is enough for me lol. What more does the man need to be one of the most dangerous people alive, class 100 super strength?

If writers just used the stuff he already has to its full potential T’Challa can take down most threats as is. For instances where he can’t he can prep like Priest had him do to amazing effect. I’m with MOS now, get rid of KOTD or just pretend it doesn’t exist (which they more or less do anyway outside the meetings with past BPs, which T’Challa could do before the upgrade.) T’Challa doesn’t need necromancy anymore than Captain America needs to fly.
    I have said over the years that his tech and gear should be consolidated and based around the habit, Force push, claws, kimoyo and daggers. Hell alot of the stuff we have seen lately falls into one of those categories. It yes it requires writers to realize and utilize all the core tools. Yeah I agree it's badass to watch him systematically take down a class 100+ or cosmic being with his mind and prep. It's Also cool to see him straight up force push/punch a black dwarf like character through a walk or knock him back 50+ feet. Give me. Both varieties of T'Challa, the one who can beat Tony's most advanced suit at the time with Windex, or fried Thanos brain with left over pieces of his broken cell as well as the same T'Challa who beat the isht out of super skrull. And sent Black dwarf running with his tail tucked between his legs

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Yup.

Solidify what T'challa can do in canon so it is "normal." Don't invent more stuff. It will just be discarded like his other one off crap.

Give the stuff he can do actual feats so other writers use them in the future.

Let me see the anti-metal claws you know... actually cut something impressive lol. Bring back the daggers ala Priest. Let me see the Knowwhere room teleportation again like Ewing did. Get T'challa out of hte suit and have him kick ass (someone impressive! not goons). Show us even more creating kinetic redistribution (aka not just get ass beat and push a goon lol). bring back the sky bike!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    A creative way writers can handle the science is to have her and T’Challa banter about scientific issues. Basically have them be the Wakandan version of the science Bros. But nope, it’s always either/or with Black characters.
    the BP vs DP comic did this just fine.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Y’all remember how T’Challa used kinetic energy to keep up with the blur in the Heroes reborn event? We need to see more of that. Like seriously kinetic energy distribution is downright deadly in the hands of a creative writer because T’Challa can do **** such as catch a rocket shot out a rocket launcher, bring it to a complete stop and then launch it back at his enemies full speed. Or he can pick up a rock and use the suit to launch it so fast that it can hit like a bullet.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

No matter how I look at it, I hate the force push. The most logical way to use it is to purposely get beat up. It’s "suit makes the man" tropey nonsense. Throw it in the bushes.

If it were up to me, kinetic absorption wouldn’t require physical contact just close proximity and would only be a correlating physical boost. Martial arts and strategic thinking are T’Challa’s real weapons. Kinetic energy would scale with the opponent but a basic backhand should be enough for goon slam Gary and co.

Energy daggers would be "cashing in all his chips" so to speak. Lose the buffs and dump everything into the blades for a finishing move.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 12-02-2021 at 07:38 AM.

I have said it before a d I'll say it again, I would really classify all of his tech into specific priorities of use. When fight goons/ peak human types h2h/claws take priority. When fighting enhanced and low to mid level superhumans claws and daggers take priority. When fighting class 100/ cosmic level beings or multiple enemies at once, his mind and Force push take priority however all of this is encompassed under his Martial prowess and agility and skills as a warrior.

I would classify all the vehicles he had at his disposal and I would add one new piece of gear.
    -S'Yan class prowlers (1.5 times the size of hulk) light mechs.
    -Doomsday prowlers (seen in priest run Hudlins Black 2 the future and Rise) medium mechs.
    -Bashenga class guardian (the discontinued giant mech that was going to be in AoW) heavy mech.
    -Hand of Bast (as seen in KiB) super heavy mech.
    -Sky bike (T'Challas personal vehicle)
    -Royal talon (T'Challas personal jets) light
    -Dragons flyers - fighter jets light
    -Wakandan quinjet (stelfreeze design) medium all-purpose fighters
    -C.Boseman class helicarrier heavy
    - N'Yami class mothership battle cruiser super heavy

His standard gear would be consolidated and the tech we have seen over the years would fall into a specific category.

-JA's energy sword, purple boxing gloves, Ewings Ultimates frequency dagger's, and Ewings immortal hulk daggers/ spear - multi-purpose Energy Daggers.

-Kinect powered punches, kicks, jumps and Super speed dashes can be used for brief periods of time through the built up energy as seen in heroes reborn. Kinect energy charges from both passive and active actions (walking, punching, blocking taking damage etc) -Energy dampening boots.

-Wearable kimoyo as seen in Ewings Ultimates -Kimoyo beads

-Vibranium weave - absorbs vibrations and most energy sources.

-Anti metal claws - Cuts through practically anything at the molecular level.

-(New tech) -Tchaka class "King's Judgement" multi-purpose battle ready satellite (T'Challa only access)

I got more but you guys get the gist of it. EVERYTHING would have a purpose and Lane to fall into. Most would not deviate too far from it's lane as to establish proper powerf scaling and keep things from being redundant
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-02-2021 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    No matter how I look at it, I hate the force push. The most logical way to use it is to purposely get beat up. It’s "suit makes the man" tropey nonsense. Throw it in the bushes.

If it were up to me, kinetic absorption wouldn’t require physical contact just close proximity and would only be a correlating physical boost. Martial arts and strategic thinking are T’Challa’s real weapons. Kinetic energy would scale with the opponent but a basic backhand should be enough for goon slam Gary and co.

Energy daggers would be "cashing in all his chips" so to speak. Lose the buffs and dump everything into the blades for a finishing move.
    I'm not in love with it and never have been but it is 100% going to be there from now on, so resistance is futile lol.

Other writers non-Coates have been able to use it without T'challa getting his ass kicked in the process.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html