Page 934 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 434834884924930931932933934935936937938944984 ... LastLast
Results 13,996 to 14,010 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I don't care anymore. The BP franchise has become so negative people are starting to retroactively reject good stories because of what came later.

I figure we are about 9 months from people blaming Priest for creating Okoye & the DM.
    Speaking of that...

Priest original idea of the doras, for better or worse, is so different from what they are now they might as well not even have the same names lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Marvel should have taken this into account with giving Wright such a big role.

Boseman understood the assignment. Snipes understood the assignment.
    RELATED: Mahershala Ali Discusses Developing His Take on Blade in the MCU
    Additionally, Snipes revealed the key bit of advice he gave Ali ahead of the reboot’s grueling stuntwork.

“Make sure you’re in shape, man,” said Snipes. “Make sure you’re in shape. Try not to get hurt, that’s a biggie. The demands of an action movie is you’ve gotta be an elite athlete. And being well-conditioned to survive and to avoid injury. And enjoy it while it lasts.”

Astonishing Member

MCU T’Challa was a tactical genius, the movies nailed that and went out of their way to emphasize it. From his fight in Nigeria, to the chase scene in South Korea, to his battle plans during Infinity War, the MCU was clearly positioning T’Challa as one of the great tactical minds of Earth. I have 0 complaints about that. The understood T’Challa knew how to command a battlefield either by himself or in coordination with entire armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't think anyone is rejecting the story. It has NEVER been about the story being bad or Coogler as some hack or Chadwick not knocking out of the part as T'Challa. No one is saying that. We Are specifically criticizing how how character was portrayed in the first movie and how it's effecting him in other mediums. No one is above criticism.

Even when the movie dropped, these complaints about his intelligence and him not being progressive like the comics were still there and expressed. We were more able to let it slide because we knew a sequel was coming and that was the chance to play up his super genius, and his more Priest like interpretation now that the first movie didn't have to introduce the cast and could focus more on T'Challas development as a character.

However with Chads passing and no recast, those issues which were able to be tolerated are less so because now there's not chance to fix it.

No one is bagging down on the movie, just specifically T'Challas key traits is what is being criticized and that's okay as they are legitimate complaints
    Yea no one is retroactively rejecting the story. Most of the criticisms presented in this thread were present when the movie came out. But between Coates’ era ending and the decision to not recast they’re coming back up because of the effect they’re having on other mediums like the games and comics.

If the deficiencies of MCU BP were only limited to that space we wouldn’t have an issue with it, but synergy has made it so we kinda have no choice but to point out where a lot of the issues with the IP nowadays come from. Like I said, we’re stuck with an incomplete portrayal of the character from the movies that’s infecting most modern BP appearances. That’s largely gonna result in criticism of Hudlin and Coogler, nothing personal. They’re still solid creators and black icons, but no one is above criticism and a few harsh words about aspects of their BP work isn’t toxic or meant to do anything but air out our complaints about the state of T’Challa. We’re not doing anything that any other fanbase hasn’t done before when they notice liberties being taken with the source material that they don’t agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    MCU T’Challa was a tactical genius, the movies nailed that and went out of their way to emphasize it. From his fight in Nigeria, to the chase scene in South Korea, to his battle plans during Infinity War, the MCU was clearly positioning T’Challa as one of the great tactical minds of Earth. I have 0 complaints about that. The understood T’Challa knew how to command a battlefield either by himself or in coordination with entire armies.

Yea no one is retroactively rejecting the story. Most of the criticisms presented in this thread were present when the movie came out. But between Coates’ era ending and the decision to not recast they’re coming back up because of the effect they’re having on other mediums like the games and comics.

If the deficiencies of MCU BP were only limited to that space we wouldn’t have an issue with it, but synergy has made it so we kinda have no choice but to point out where a lot of the issues with the IP nowadays come from. Like I said, we’re stuck with an incomplete portrayal of the character from the movies that’s infecting most modern BP appearances. That’s largely gonna result in criticism of Hudlin and Coogler, nothing personal. They’re still solid creators and black icons, but no one is above criticism and a few harsh words about aspects of their BP work isn’t toxic or meant to do anything but air out our complaints about the state of T’Challa. We’re not doing anything that any other fanbase hasn’t done before when they notice liberties being taken with the source material that they don’t agree with.
    The worst part is the liberties with the source material they are taking are MASSIVE important changes that should NOT be made to the character. It wouldn't be a big deal of the change was minor like njobu/Erik changes and the Nakia changes, maybe making T'Challa not as shady as his comic counterpart. That's fine. But to take away two of his biggest contributions and giving them to new characters is too far and too damaging

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I don't care anymore. The BP franchise has become so negative people are starting to retroactively reject good stories because of what came later.

I figure we are about 9 months from people blaming Priest for creating Okoye & the DM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Speaking of that...

Priest original idea of the doras, for better or worse, is so different from what they are now they might as well not even have the same names lol
    What idea was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What idea was that?
    There were only two.

They were brides-to-be

they were 16 years old.

They only spoke to T'challa and only in Hausa (i think that was the language)

They existed to maintain tribal peace in Wakanda.

They were T'challa's body guards only essentially.

The Doras were not an army, they didn't have special uniforms, they weren't special agents to use with other super heroes, they really weren't autonomous, they weren't bald lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What idea was that?
    Well they all had perms for one thing, and tight red dresses lol.......

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There were only two.

They were brides-to-be

they were 16 years old.

They only spoke to T'challa and only in Hausa (i think that was the language)

They existed to maintain tribal peace in Wakanda.

They were T'challa's body guards only essentially.

The Doras were not an army, they didn't have special uniforms, they weren't special agents to use with other super heroes, they really weren't autonomous, they weren't bald lol
    I'm really happy most of that stuff went away with Hudlin lol. Really the Dora are one of the few good things from Priest that actually survived Hudlin's retcon-riddled era. But a lot of what made them interesting (namely them representing different tribes and being bodyguards) has basically been stripped away in favor of making them a more generic redshirt army akin to Aquaman's Drift. Frankly, they're only cool because of the aesthetics now so hopefully when Ridley has them go up against T'Challa he can make them interesting. Ayo and Aneka were **** characters and Okoye is pretty much just a warrior woman, we need more personality from her in particular.

Honestly, I'm not sure where the idea that T'Challa has to be a scientific genius came from, anyway. If I look over his greatest stories, he defeated his foes with creativity & cunning, not by whipping up a gadget in a lab. He's Lord Vetinari in a panther suit, not a black Tony Stark.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I'm not sure where the idea that T'Challa has to be a scientific genius came from, anyway. If I look over his greatest stories, he defeated his foes with creativity & cunning, not by whipping up a gadget in a lab. He's Lord Vetinari in a panther suit, not a black Tony Stark.
    Falcon has his wings due Panther making them.

One of Cap's shields is made by Panther.

In other stories he helped push the science side of Wakanda.

So while he did not over use them like Tony Stark-he had a hand in stuff.

We’re not doing anything that any other fanbase hasn’t done before when they notice liberties being taken with the source material that they don’t agree with.
    Yeah we are the fanbase who doesn't go beyond what is civil when that happens.

You think Riri Williams stole everything from Tony Stark with the way some folks rant about her.

I mean, when he is first introduced in the FF it's pretty clear that T'Challa is the one that introduced all the technological advancements to Wakanda.

No one was expecting T'Challa to tinker in a lab,. It seeing some on the fly tech feat or him talking science with Shuri or atleast getting credit for Wakandan advancements instead of things he got credit for in the comics being giving to Shuri would of been nice. We very much saw the tactical side of him, we needed to see more of his mind in action too.

I miss this

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Marvel should have taken this into account with giving Wright such a big role.

Boseman understood the assignment. Snipes understood the assignment.
    Facts on top of facts.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

He was introduced as such by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    He is significantly less dangerous of a character without his intellect. Basically a royal Wolverine
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-04-2021 at 03:22 PM.