Page 935 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939945985 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,025 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This may be a silly comparison but this is reminding me of the time when Sonic fans turned on damn near every character that wasn’t Sonic or Eggman in the fallout of 06. Then later on everyone realized the characters themselves weren’t the problem, it was the way they were handled.
    At that time, Shadow seemed safe too from the fans turning on him, since his story mode of 06 was considered the best of the three playable hedgehogs.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    At that time, Shadow seemed safe too from the fans turning on him, since his story mode of 06 was considered the best of the three playable hedgehogs.
    Yeah. It was mainly the critics that hated shadow. Nowadays he’s a shell of his former self.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

So now we're being obtuse about T'Challa being a scientist since his inception and it being one of his defining traits. Interesting lol.

Back to the Ridley run, how much of a rift could T'Challa's secret really cause with the Avengers? Because the more I think about it, I don't see why they'd be THAT upset at T'Challa having deadly spies out there. There's either more to this program (as Gentle's possible involvement may suggest) or Ridley is trying to force an artificial conflict. I could see the US and other nations being mad but the Avengers aren't aligned with a specific state at the moment and seem to be rather understanding of T'Challa's duties as king.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Falcon has his wings due Panther making them.

One of Cap's shields is made by Panther.

In other stories he helped push the science side of Wakanda.

So while he did not over use them like Tony Stark-he had a hand in stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, when he is first introduced in the FF it's pretty clear that T'Challa is the one that introduced all the technological advancements to Wakanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    He was introduced as such by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    He is significantly less dangerous of a character without his intellect. Basically a royal Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    So now we're being obtuse about T'Challa being a scientist since his inception and it being one of his defining traits. Interesting lol.
    Interesting how many of these examples are pre-Priest. The take that made the character great, the take everybody claims to want to see, didn't require T'Challa to do everything himself. Indeed, his greatest feat that first year SPECIFICALLY gives credit to scientists in his entourage.

Listen, I'm not saying T'Challa should be an idiot... only that letting Shuri have the science means he could focus on OTHER kinds of intelligence, like the strategic maneuvers that made the character great in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Back to the Ridley run, how much of a rift could T'Challa's secret really cause with the Avengers? Because the more I think about it, I don't see why they'd be THAT upset at T'Challa having deadly spies out there. There's either more to this program (as Gentle's possible involvement may suggest) or Ridley is trying to force an artificial conflict. I could see the US and other nations being mad but the Avengers aren't aligned with a specific state at the moment and seem to be rather understanding of T'Challa's duties as king.
    Huge wuth with some like Cap who are idealists. I don't know why it was be an isue for anyone inside of Wakanda though.
    I'm expecting another Illuminati moment with Captain America once he finds out what's really going on
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-04-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Interesting how many of these examples are pre-Priest. The take that made the character great, the take everybody claims to want to see, didn't require T'Challa to do everything himself. Indeed, his greatest feat that first year SPECIFICALLY gives credit to scientists in his entourage.

Listen, I'm not saying T'Challa should be an idiot... only that letting Shuri have the science means he could focus on OTHER kinds of intelligence, like the strategic maneuvers that made the character great in the first place.
    If you play The Avengers game you will notice that Shuri is also in charge of alot of the strategy as well. Its not just tech stuff being swallowed whole. Same thing is happening in the mobile games that Marvel is releasing. It's become so common that it replaces the Canon

If you play The Avengers game you will notice that Shuri is also in charge of alot of the strategy as well. Its not just tech stuff being swallowed whole. Same thing is happening in the mobile games that Marvel is releasing. It's become so common that it replaces the Canon
    I don't play video games, so I was unaware. I've no issues with complaining about THAT.

I don't play video games, so I was unaware. I've no issues with complaining about THAT.
    It makes sense to drift into that lane from a casual perspective if its become common knowledge that character A is smarter overall than chatacter B. Why wouldn't character A's ideals on all things take precedence eventually with so many novice writers in mediums unable to showcase the difference in types of knowledge properly?

Astonishing Member

Huge wuth with some like Cap who are idealists. I don't know why it was be an isue for anyone inside of Wakanda though.
    I'm expecting another Illuminati moment with Captain America once he finds out what's really going on
    It's just that with the CIA, MI6, whatever the Krakoans got, etc. why would they be appalled at T'Challa having spies? They're a perfectly normal thing for a wealthy enough country to have and it doesn't seem they're designed to do anything that other programs aren't doing already.

I see them being disappointed for sure but I have a hard time thinking that it's worth an argument. Assuming that T'Challa's initial statements about the program are to be believed. At this point I assume that they've done some shady **** in the past that T'Challa knows the Avengers wouldn't agree with. And I hope they don't screw up the BP-Cap bromance too hard lol.

What I'd really be interested in seeing is a new Illuminati coming together. I know some of y'all weren't fans of Hickman but T'Challa having a seat at the table in New Avengers with all the moral and personal exploration we saw would be really fun to see in this new era. Or maybe even a Wakandan equivalent to the Illuminati trying to keep the peace from the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah. It was mainly the critics that hated shadow. Nowadays he’s a shell of his former self.
    Indeed. You would think that the Ultimate Life Form being consistently ranked second most popular character in the franchise would be treated with grace by Sega. Alas, here we are.

A classic case of Pandora's box. It would seem that Coogler giving her an inch had the chain reaction of encouraging some writers to give her a mile afterwards at T'Challa's expense like many said before.

With access to the same and/or better scientific education, and less focus on the physical training necessary to be the Black Panther, it’s logical that Shuri would have a technical edge on T’Challa. His experience would in turn give him the wisdom edge over her. This is how follow-up generations should work in my opinion.

Strictly speaking on the MCU versions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    With access to the same and/or better scientific education, and less focus on the physical training necessary to be the Black Panther, it’s logical that Shuri would have a technical edge on T’Challa. His experience would in turn give him the wisdom edge over her. This is how follow-up generations should work in my opinion.

That would be a great compromise. Back to Ridley what do you think Olomola’s role in the mythos will be once this arc is done? Oh and those spy suits looked incredible.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

I think part of the problem is that pop culture in general (and superhero comics in specific) focuses too much on what you might call "technical" intelligence. The smartest people in the Marvel U are the ones who can invent the most things, unlike in the real world where the archetypal modern genius (Herr Einstein) never invented a single gadget.

Part of it is storytelling, of course (gadgets are easy to demonstrate) but I find the concept highly reductive.

Incredible Member

Honestly, I'm not sure where the idea that T'Challa has to be a scientific genius came from, anyway. If I look over his greatest stories, he defeated his foes with creativity & cunning, not by whipping up a gadget in a lab. He's Lord Vetinari in a panther suit, not a black Tony Stark.
    The Creators of the character ..
    Before any type of power boosts etc he was a scientist and a tech head..Why are people trying to take This away from Tchalla

Incredible Member

Creating The techno jungle was one of his greatest tech and science feats..I'm sorry if people want to take away Tchalla genius mind im calling you a fake fan.