Page 953 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4538539039439499509519529539549559569579631003 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The video games tell better stories than the movies these days. Just look at Spider-Man or GOTG. Plus we have that cryptic post from Redjack.
    I’ll take a 20 hour video game that brings all of his Rogues and revamps them to be badasses over a couple 2 hour BP movies that would rather set up Disney+ spin-offs and kill off T’Challa.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll take a 20 hour video game that brings all of his Rogues and revamps them to be badasses over a couple 2 hour BP movies that would rather set up Disney+ spin-offs and kill off T’Challa.
    This. And Marvel clearly doesn’t place as much emphasis on game synergy with the movies so we’d probably get a more comic accurate T’Challa and more creative freedom than even the comics. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see anymore actual BP rogues in the MCU, but in the hands of a passionate developer I see characters like Achebe and Kiber the Cruel being entirely revamped.

The Avengers game is a unique case of aggressive MCU synergy, but the major solo games have all been quite distinct and I’d imagine a BP game would follow that model. Less recast discussions and more reworking concepts and characters from the comics. Maybe a successful Wonder Woman game could show Marvel the potential because I feel a lot of the things Monolith will do with her may be transferable to a BP game.

Yuuuup. The MCU Version is unsalvageable anyway even if they recast
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-10-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer here, but this whole thing came from a click bait site. So let’s all take this with a massive grain of salt. But Bast, I’d love for your scenario to come true.
    Unfans were spreading misinformation about the franchise hours after Chadwick passed.
    I say let that click bait site spread like wildfire lol

According to THR, BP2 is set to resume filming in late January with Letitia Wright returning.

(What? That Giant Robot article had no merit? What a shocker!)

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The more I think about it though if Marvel’s hellbent on getting this movie out next year they’re gonna have to recast her relatively soon. Looking back, Gina was a special case where the plans they had for her character were amorphous (like many things over with Star Wars), whereas most of the film has already been done with Leticia. They may very well decide to just recast her but keep the current plans of not doing anything with T’Challa.

That seems more likely then Disney putting the film on the back burner for several years then recasting both characters. I don’t think Coogler wants a soft reboot at all, what he wants is to memorialize his friend and get the film out on time because the higher ups probably won’t accept anything else.
    The problem though is that it's highly hypocritical to recast a supporting character to try and carry the franchise, while leaving the title character out of their own franchise is incredibly stupid m and I think that will cause a frak ton of backlash. Rightfully so, because thats a stupid stupid idea, and. More insulting and telling that they are cool with recasting her but not T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

How she's going to work around travel restrictions is anyone's guess.

Money. Lots of money.

Test, private plane, quarantine, test test test, release.

Y'all are getting your hopes up again.

the most likely conclusion to all this is BP2 gets released on time, is kinda a mess but critics overlook it to some extent because #circumstances, it doesn't do as well as they hope money wise compared to the headache and expense, they bury BP3 movie wise and transition the property to D+ shows instead.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This. And Marvel clearly doesn’t place as much emphasis on game synergy with the movies so we’d probably get a more comic accurate T’Challa and more creative freedom than even the comics. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see anymore actual BP rogues in the MCU, but in the hands of a passionate developer I see characters like Achebe and Kiber the Cruel being entirely revamped.

The Avengers game is a unique case of aggressive MCU synergy, but the major solo games have all been quite distinct and I’d imagine a BP game would follow that model. Less recast discussions and more reworking concepts and characters from the comics. Maybe a successful Wonder Woman game could show Marvel the potential because I feel a lot of the things Monolith will do with her may be transferable to a BP game.
    TBF... if you told me I coudl have a AAA 20ish hour Spider-Man/Arkum esque video game OR a recasted black panther in BP2.... i'd probably still choose the video game lololol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Coogler’s got a five year deal with Disney, I imagine the bulk of his work moving forward is being the architect for the BP corner of the MCU as well as other black heroes like Riri*. I almost feel like at this point he’s in too deep to step away from the IP without pissing some people off because the only reason MCU fans are still confident in the BP trilogy is because Coogler’s there at the head.

Him leaving after killing off T’Challa and writing Shuri out the story might destroy any hope people have for the franchise while also annoying the suits who clearly want him to lead this aspect of their live action offerings. But I could see a massive gap between BP2 and BP3 to really figure out what they want to do in the future. And depending on how the movie is received it’s possible Disney may want a change in the direction of the IP, so you never know.

*Speaking of which, Im surprised we haven’t heard rumors of Luke Cage popping up in future BP projects given the relationship the two have in the comics. Surprised may not be the right word, but it is unfortunate it seems the character is seemingly on the back burner.
    Yeah, I can see him taking on a producer role and guide projects from behind the scenes. I can't imagine what it's like to be working on BP2 right now.

If the rumors of Fisk being in Hawkeye and Matt Murdock showing up in Daredevil are true, there would be no reason not to bring back Mike Colter's Luke Cage.

Incredible Member

I've decided that I simply can't watch a BP movie without Tchalla I'm normally all BLACK Everything but not this time

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    My thought is if Shuri is removed Riri will be some sort of ad hoc replacement, they won't move M'Baku up, so to speak.
    I mean, IF any of this happened, do you realize how stupid that sounds? It would literally kill the franchise dead straight up. It would be dumb to even call it Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, IF any of this happened, do you realize how stupid that sounds? It would literally kill the franchise dead straight up. It would be dumb to even call it Black Panther
    I do, yes. Which is why it seems like something Marvel would do at this point. *IF* Wright were going anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, I can see him taking on a producer role and guide projects from behind the scenes. I can't imagine what it's like to be working on BP2 right now.

If the rumors of Fisk being in Hawkeye and Matt Murdock showing up in Daredevil are true, there would be no reason not to bring back Mike Colter's Luke Cage.
    I think the only Netflix characters that shouldn’t be recasted are Daredevil and Fisk. They were simply too good in the roles and they’re both really interested in coming back. They can be soft rebooted or whatever and go on to be great additions to the MCU. I can take or leave everyone else tbh.

I didn’t hate Colter’s Cage but it didn’t knock me out of the park. But that could be because I wasn’t that impressed with the characterization they gave him. Maybe under better writers he’d shine. Shame we’re not gonna see any version of T’Challa interact with him though. I always thought that a Cage-led Crew D+ show with occasional T’Challa appearances would’ve been dope. If they ever give BP video game I’d love to see him pop up in some capacity.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Money. Lots of money.

the most likely conclusion to all this is BP2 gets released on time, is kinda a mess but critics overlook it to some extent because #circumstances, it doesn't do as well as they hope money wise compared to the headache and expense, they bury BP3 movie wise and transition the property to D+ shows instead.
    Bro that felt like a legit punch to the gut, lol.

I think the only Netflix characters that shouldn’t be recasted are Daredevil and Fisk. They were simply too good in the roles and they’re both really interested in coming back. They can be soft rebooted or whatever and go on to be great additions to the MCU. I can take or leave everyone else tbh.

I didn’t hate Colter’s Cage but it didn’t knock me out of the park. But that could be because I wasn’t that impressed with the characterization they gave him. Maybe under better writers he’d shine. Shame we’re not gonna see any version of T’Challa interact with him though. I always thought that a Cage-led Crew D+ show with occasional T’Challa appearances would’ve been dope. If they ever give BP video game I’d love to see him pop up in some capacity.
    I felt like his Luke Cage was poorly written. I use to think it was just all Mike Colter and him having no swagger whatsoever. However, I've seen him act in other things and it was clear he was held back.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Money. Lots of money.

Yeah... That's the scary thing is this seems all too possible... This is why they say when grieving, not to make MAJOR decisions (within reason) for atleast 6 months.

The fact that they said the conversation was decided in MINUTES that they weren't going to recast and they somehow thought fans would think it was some great thing and not a big mistake and long term detriment to the character Chad brought to life is just so disappointing. We were sooo close. T'Challa was right there