Page 954 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4548549049449509519529539549559569579589641004 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Coogler’s got a five year deal with Disney, I imagine the bulk of his work moving forward is being the architect for the BP corner of the MCU as well as other black heroes like Riri*. I almost feel like at this point he’s in too deep to step away from the IP without pissing some people off because the only reason MCU fans are still confident in the BP trilogy is because Coogler’s there at the head.

Him leaving after killing off T’Challa and writing Shuri out the story might destroy any hope people have for the franchise while also annoying the suits who clearly want him to lead this aspect of their live action offerings. But I could see a massive gap between BP2 and BP3 to really figure out what they want to do in the future. And depending on how the movie is received it’s possible Disney may want a change in the direction of the IP, so you never know.

*Speaking of which, Im surprised we haven’t heard rumors of Luke Cage popping up in future BP projects given the relationship the two have in the comics. Surprised may not be the right word, but it is unfortunate it seems the character is seemingly on the back burner.
    Far as that last paragraph, I got an odd feeling. It seems MCU just doesn't have the level of energy for their black male heroes. The handling of Black Panther, Why we never got Nick Fury film, no conversation with Blue Marvel, or Luke Cage. We see regular stream of white heroes and now black women. We are getting propped up sidekicks (War Machine, Sam Wilson) I hope the plan is for more Black male heroes to be brought in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Far as that last paragraph, I got an odd feeling. It seems MCU just doesn't have the level of energy for their black male heroes. The handling of Black Panther, Why we never got Nick Fury film, no conversation with Blue Marvel, or Luke Cage. We see regular stream of white heroes and now black women. We are getting propped up sidekicks (War Machine, Sam Wilson) I hope the plan is for more Black male heroes to be brought in.
    I don’t think that’s fair lol. We got Blade coming up. And at the time it came out Luke Cage was a huge deal because he was at the forefront of the prestige superhero TV wave. But I do agree that outside legacies that rely on a white guy’s mythos and race swaps black male representation in the MCU could use more work. But even then I like Nick Fury well enough so seeing him get a D+ is great. Never cared for MCU Sam or Rhodey that much (love comic Rhodey though) but I’m happy to see them get some love. Hopefully Luke Cage and Blue Marvel get their chance too, I think the latter has been heavily rumored for CM2 so we’ll see if he gets the right push. And M’Baku still has a chance to get some development as well.

This. And Marvel clearly doesn’t place as much emphasis on game synergy with the movies so we’d probably get a more comic accurate T’Challa and more creative freedom than even the comics. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see anymore actual BP rogues in the MCU, but in the hands of a passionate developer I see characters like Achebe and Kiber the Cruel being entirely revamped.

The Avengers game is a unique case of aggressive MCU synergy, but the major solo games have all been quite distinct and I’d imagine a BP game would follow that model. Less recast discussions and more reworking concepts and characters from the comics. Maybe a successful Wonder Woman game could show Marvel the potential because I feel a lot of the things Monolith will do with her may be transferable to a BP game.
    Exactly. A video game would work wonders for Black Panther. And it’s not just the villains that can be revamped, you can revamp characters such as Monica Lynne and maybe reintroduce Kasper. Not to mention this can be a way to get some top tier Black voice actors to be a part of it such as Cree Summer (preferably playing Bast) Khary Payton and Phil Llamar. Then you probably bring over voice actors from the avengers game like Chris Judge and Debra Wilson with James C. Mattis III leading them all as T’Challa and watch the money flow in.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Exactly. A video game would work wonders for Black Panther. And it’s not just the villains that can be revamped, you can revamp characters such as Monica Lynne and maybe reintroduce Kasper. Not to mention this can be a way to get some top tier Black voice actors to be a part of it such as Cree Summer (preferably playing Bast) Khary Payton and Phil Llamar. Then you probably bring over voice actors from the avengers game like Chris Judge and Debra Wilson with James C. Mattis III leading them all as T’Challa and watch the money flow in.
    I agree. One thing I think a game would really nail is Birnin Zana like you were saying before. Gotham is so well developed in terms of its history and lore in addition to being the perfect embodiment of the themes of Batman as a character. I don’t think Birnin Zana is that for T’Challa yet. Partly because Wakanda is just so damn vast and you have to split attention between different regions but also because T’Challa’s relationship with the city in particular has never been explored. What does Birnin Zana say about T’Challa? I don’t think any writer has really laid that out and I think a game would have to do that to nail the character altogether.

I agree. One thing I think a game would really nail is Birnin Zana like you were saying before. Gotham is so well developed in terms of its history and lore in addition to being the perfect embodiment of the themes of Batman as a character. I don’t think Birnin Zana is that for T’Challa yet. Partly because Wakanda is just so damn vast and you have to split attention between different regions but also because T’Challa’s relationship with the city in particular has never been explored. What does Birnin Zana say about T’Challa? I don’t think any writer has really laid that out and I think a game would have to do that to nail the character altogether.
    I see what you’re saying. But the problem in this is that what kind of threats would be in Birnin Zana to fight? Can’t be a bunch of street thugs. Maybe some rogue robots (like the ones in avengers) or some mystical threats would do the trick. Oh and the art direction of a BP game could be amazing as the team can take inspiration from various real life African architecture.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

The Wonder Woman game announcement is one of the bravest I've seen in gaming in a long time. Marvel will pretend like they were Brave with miles but that was really just more Spider-Man. The fact that bill Rossman and the rest of the Marvel gaming Studios hasn't greenlit a Black Panther game after a 1.5 billion dollar movie speaks volumes about white male gaming structure still being place.
    Even Deadpool has a video game. Guardians of the Galaxy are working on their third most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The Wonder Woman game announcement is one of the bravest I've seen in gaming in a long time. Marvel will pretend like they were Brave with miles but that was really just more Spider-Man. The fact that bill Rossman and the rest of the Marvel gaming Studios hasn't greenlit a Black Panther game after a 1.5 billion dollar movie speaks volumes about white male gaming structure still being place.
    Even Deadpool has a video game. Guardians of the Galaxy are working on their third most likely.
    Word up. When you really think about all the gameplay potential a BP game could have, from T’Challas various abilities and gadgets, Shuris Griot powers, or how they could make Wakanda into a BOTW style open world, they’re practically sitting on a goldmine. And I love Miles but the only reason he got a shot was because he’s a Black version of Spider-Man.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

The pre-existing notion that Marvel doesn't really care much about T'Challa is becoming apparent by the day.

Word up. When you really think about all the gameplay potential a BP game could have, from T’Challas various abilities and gadgets, Shuris Griot powers, or how they could make Wakanda into a BOTW style open world, they’re practically sitting on a goldmine. And I love Miles but the only reason he got a shot was because he’s a Black version of Spider-Man.
    That Spider-Man brand name can really do wonders for other characters.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed, especially considering until fairly recently, DC wasn't exactly treating Wonder Woman as if she really was one-third of its proclaimed Trinity of Heroes, on par with Superman and Batman. That announcement definitely signals things have changed (for the better, hopefully) where Wonder Woman is concerned, so I'm still hoping that lights a fire under Marvel Games to do something bigger and better with Black Panther.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Heh with WW apparently WB’s hand got forced. Originally they were going to reveal a gameplay trailer for the Hogwarts game, but the Twitter backlash against Rowling has them scared. So instead they threw together a quick announcement trailer for WW. They still greenlit it though, so they still are taking a risk. With BP I’m guessing they thought the Avengers game would be a huge hit for all those characters instead of being ass like it was.

I want a BP game that borrows from Assassin’s Creed Origins and the Arkham games, a Hulk game that’s a true successor to Ultimate Destruction, and a Blade game that’s basically Marvel Witcher.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heh with WW apparently WB’s hand got forced. Originally they were going to reveal a gameplay trailer for the Hogwarts game, but the Twitter backlash against Rowling has them scared. So instead they threw together a quick announcement trailer for WW. They still greenlit it though, so they still are taking a risk. With BP I’m guessing they thought the Avengers game would be a huge hit for all those characters instead of being ass like it was.

I want a BP game that borrows from Assassin’s Creed Origins and the Arkham games, a Hulk game that’s a true successor to Ultimate Destruction, and a Blade game that’s basically Marvel Witcher.
    Those would all be awesome games.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

We already saw that war for Wakanda boosted slumped sales for the game and the positive reception it received. On top of people saying they should of made it it's own game. So the audience is there. They need to put together the right studio and team (preferably someone like RJ and not narcisse, to get OUR T'Challa and not have him competing for his own traits) with a all star VA cast and take him the the next level since the MCU ain't going to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We already saw that war for Wakanda boosted slumped sales for the game and the positive reception it received. On top of people saying they should of made it it's own game. So the audience is there. They need to put together the right studio and team (preferably someone like RJ and not narcisse, to get OUR T'Challa and not have him competing for his own traits) with a all star VA cast and take him the the next level since the MCU ain't going to do it
    Man the voice cast is what will really have me excited. Especially since celebrities have shown they’re not above voice acting for games (ex: Sam Jackson in GTA, Giancarlo Esposito in Far Cry 6).

JCM III: T’Challa (returning from EMH and BPQ)
    Daisy Lightfoot: Shuri (returning from BPQ)
    Debra Wilson: Okoye (returning from Avengers)
    Mark Hamill: Klaw (returning from EMH)
    Alan Tudyk: Hunter
    Cree Summer: Bast
    Kevin Michael Richardson: M’Baku (returning from EMH)
    Mela Lee: Zanda (returning from BPQ)
    Erica Luttrell: Madame Slay (voiced Shuri in Avengers, and Aneka in Avengers Assemble)
    Regina King: Monica Lynne
    Kimberly Brooks: Nakia (also voiced Shuri in BPQ)
    Keith David: T’Chaka
    Christopher Judge: Sombre and/or Kiber
    Janet Hubris: Ramonda
    Dave Fennoy: Zawavari (returning from Avengers)
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 12-11-2021 at 05:28 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I see what you’re saying. But the problem in this is that what kind of threats would be in Birnin Zana to fight? Can’t be a bunch of street thugs. Maybe some rogue robots (like the ones in avengers) or some mystical threats would do the trick. Oh and the art direction of a BP game could be amazing as the team can take inspiration from various real life African architecture.
    Eh, any game is going to introduce dysfunction.

Mystical is the easiest, dudes can just appear out of the ground.

But I mean, the story ccould use the Desturi taking over the city if you want.

Wakanda can't be perfect and fun video game wise at the same time lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html