Page 972 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 472872922962968969970971972973974975976982 ... LastLast
Results 14,566 to 14,580 of 15079
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I know I keep saying it, but I think Sope would be a great choice. He can do action (as seen in gangs of London) he meets the height requirements and is young, and he has experience in theatre like Chadwick, which to me brings a certain gravitas because you can't rely on multiple takes to nail down emotions or powerful moment's.

So being theater trained is a big bonus. Also he was inspired by Chad and wanted to have the same type of impact as him so I think he would be a great sucessor to carry on T'Challas story.

He is my top choice,
    This. Dude is currently working on Gangs of London season 2. Bro is definitely my number one choice.

Astonishing Member

I've been read Marvel's Silver Age and for some reason, Black Panther looks cuddly and adorable, not badass like he does now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    This. Dude is currently working on Gangs of London season 2. Bro is definitely my number one choice.
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 12-18-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I think the biggest hit to no T'Challa is how dismissive of the 1st film people are when it comes to lists. It use to be an easy top 3/top 5 outside of the toxic fandom MCU film. Now people are bumping it down to the bottom 10 or not top 10 at all. You ask them what MCU films are they most hyped for and it seems easily Dr. Strange, Thor, etc. Then throw in The Batman for DC and Black Adam. No T'Challa is truly killing its brand since Feige's no recast comments. Its like removing him from the MCU has erased some of his future hype and now has people trying to diminish its past accolades. One of those out of sight/out of mind kind of things. Marvel is playing with some heavy fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Oh well, this movie has had bad juju surrounding it the minute they decided to jump headfirst into production so soon after the death. Not helping matters for them is that the calls for a recast are growing by the day especially with every bit of bad press be it confirmed or a rumor. And Derrick Boseman’s interview gave the recast movement the morale boost it needed. Like I said before, time is not on Marvels side.
    Speaking of Derrick Boseman. Who is this they were inviting to the Marvel set? I know he's part of Chad's family. I wonder if Derrick voiced those feelings before and maybe cause of that wasnt invited. Or maybe just simply declined being apart of it.

[imghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGMnqTJXIAoHf-8?format=jpg&name=large[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Further confirms why I'd prefer him over John David Washington. In fact I think Boseman would have crushed that role in Tenet. Sope as well.

It needed a bit of innate swagger/gravitas to the role since it was kinda written then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Let's hope the time they've taken off from production has allowed them to re-assess this whole situation. If not, then, oh well.
    Highly doubt it. Best we can hope for is that they come up with a post credits scene showing that T’Challa is alive or a variant of him coming to the main timeline.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Highly doubt it. Best we can hope for is that they come up with a post credits scene showing that T’Challa is alive or a variant of him coming to the main timeline.
    I want T'Challa to be in the movie, but with all the rewrites, changes to the story its probably really difficult to fit T'Challa in the movie. As Den of Nerds said on one hand you're making it this sprawling MCU movie, with Riri Williams being an important side addition, and then you're trying to honor T'Challa as well. No one would have a problem with it being a sprawling epic if you just simply recasted T'Challa. However, thats an important issue in the movie.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR THE BATMAN

There are rumors that WB is trying out two cuts of The Batman. One ends with a cameo of the Joker and setting up the next movie. They'll test out to see which version does well with audiences.

I think thats the best case scenario here. An entire movie completely missign T'Challa and then a stinger at the end with the new actor. However, its gotta make sense within the story and they've been so gone on this honor T'Challa tip. If most of the movie is about moving on from him and then putting in at the end just outta nowhere it could probably backfire story wise.

Damn shame Marvel couldnt wait till 2022 to start filming cause they could have got ahead of this.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-18-2021 at 09:32 PM.

And that's all am asking for.

Honestly, if they had gone with a recast for the second film, there might be a bit of anticipation to see how the new portraying the character of T'Challa will play out just like how people are eager to see Robert Pattinson's version of Batman.

Here's hoping the 3rd film is called Black Panther: Return of the King

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    And that's all am asking for.

Honestly, if they had gone with a recast for the second film, there might be a bit of anticipation to see how the new portraying the character of T'Challa will play out just like how people are eager to see Robert Pattinson's version of Batman.

Here's hoping the 3rd film is called Black Panther: Return of the King
    After seeing no way home and talking to some people on Twitter, I’ve been thinking of a way they could bring T’Challa back in a big way.
    spoilers:
    the post credits scene is essentially a trailer for Multiverse of madness, and one major character we see is the evil Dr. Strange from What if. I’m thinking that maybe the events of MOM could lead to the variant Killmonger escaping into another universe and getting the IGEW under his control and wreak havoc across the cosmos. Then the third BP film could have a variant of T’Challa coming into the main universe from space and it’ll be a well written adaptation of the IGEW. Not to mention when Killmonger is inevitably beaten at the end of the movie, T’Challa can become the emperor of the empire and stay on Earth Wakanda BUT Shuri will still be recognized as the ruler of Earth Wakanda. Basically he can be restored to a position of power in a way that won’t ruffle the feathers of people who want to see Shuri on the throne.
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Try to ignore Nerdrotic takes, but instead listen to Nate Moore try to explain why Eternals was a disappointment.

His comments easily could be the excuse he's making for Wakanda Forever not doing as well at the box office.

Jump to 5:29 to 6:50.

Its all the more reason WHY you should bring T'Challa back Nate.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-18-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I want T'Challa to be in the movie, but with all the rewrites, changes to the story its probably really difficult to fit T'Challa in the movie. As Den of Nerds said on one hand you're making it this sprawling MCU movie, with Riri Williams being an important side addition, and then you're trying to honor T'Challa as well. No one would have a problem with it being a sprawling epic if you just simply recasted T'Challa. However, thats an important issue in the movie.

POTNTIAL SPOILERS FOR THE BATMAN

There are rumors that WB is trying out two cuts of The Batman. One ends with a cameo of the Joker and setting up the next movie. They'll test out to see which version does well with audiences.

I think thats the best case scenario here. An entire movie completely missign T'Challa and then a stinger at the end with the new actor. However, its gotta make sense within the story and they've been so gone on this honor T'Challa tip. If most of the movie is about moving on from him and then putting in at the end just outta nowhere it could probably backfire story wise.

Damn shame Marvel couldnt wait till 2022 to start filming cause they could have got ahead of this.
    They could of gotten ahead of it by letting the cast grieve first, pushed filming back, then started the process for a Recast. Going from a celebration and Blackpanthersolit to potentially a funeral does not generate hype. Removing the title character from their own franchise does not generate hype. Acting like killing T'Challa is honoring Chad, when everything that he has said and come out since his passing has been about the importance of T'Challa and setting up people to succeed him and allowing more than one Black person occupying a space does not generate hype.

Unfortunately I feel the blame will fall less on marvel and more on Coogler and drive the narrative that Black movies don't sell and BP was a fluke.

They are doing this to themselves and Coogler is going to be the fall guy

They could of gotten ahead of it by letting the cast grieve first, pushed filming back, then started the process for a Recast. Going from a celebration and Blackpanthersolit to potentially a funeral does not generate hype. Removing the title character from their own franchise does not generate hype. Acting like killing T'Challa is honoring Chad, when everything that he has said and come out since his passing has been about the importance of T'Challa and setting up people to succeed him and allowing more than one Black person occupying a space does not generate hype.

Unfortunately I feel the blame will fall less on marvel and more on Coogler and drive the narrative that Black movies don't sell and BP was a fluke.

Yeah I've noticed this as well.

Either this will force them to recast (again its about the $$$) or they can just assume the franchise really died with Chad. And just keep it as a Disney+ status the next time you see it. Look at Nate Moore, even a bit in that vid I posted, hes already saying there doesnt need to be an Eternals 2.

I know they were well into pre-production, but Im still surprised Feige didnt pull rank and just say we're not even discussing this movie again until 2021/2022. Unless it was the new Disney CEO who told him they can only take a mini break.

If Coogler is gonna be the fall guy then Nate Moore should share the blame as well because he was the one who had the nerve to ask about the movie immediately after the news of the death broke. The same Nate Moore who said Sam is gonna have to earn the mantle of Captain America despite having a whole show dedicated to that but no “we’re gonna put him through the ringer! Dance boy dance!” Smh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Look at how NWH is a celebration of all things Spider-man. It’s basically Spider-man forever and fans are loving it.

We’ve gotten three (3) live action Spider-mans (I’m not counting the 70s series or the Electric Company) with no end in sight for the character. Sony/Marvel are going to keep pumping out Spider-man movies until the end of time it seems.

Now look at the BP situation where T’Challa the main character of the franchise has been pulled off the board after just one movie. That one movie that became a cultural phenomenon and the biggest grossing solo superhero movie ever. Yes, Boseman passed away but are you telling me that Avi Arad/Amy Paschal/Kevin Feige will “never” recast Peter Parker if anything happened to Tom Holland?

We really need to be honest about this, the only reason the whole “never recast” thing is a thing at all is because T’Challa is a black superhero. Nate Moore isn’t an ally at all and Marvel’s arrogance is going to mess up the most popular black superhero franchise.