Page 987 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 487887937977983984985986987988989990991997 ... LastLast
Results 14,791 to 14,805 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spoilers for the new timeless issue that dropped.Huge implications for Panther and Spider-man

spoilers:

In the future MJ and Storm take up the mantles of Spider-man and Black Panther "The Brave honor the sacrifices of those in their hearts"

If they kill/coma Peter or Panther again I might be done w/ comics

I do like Spider-man(Peter) and Panther team ups though so some hope ig
    end of spoilers
    With Kang in the mix I’m not going to freak out just yet over this, but it’s basically the opposite of what most people here are hoping for lmao.

Edit:
    spoilers:
    Ok I just read the leak and it looks more like Shuri is taking over the role again, that’s Shuri’s costume. Fuck I hope it’s just a time travel gimmick or whatever and not her actually taking the BP book.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-28-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    This is where things get complicated.

The writer Owsley fired from the book? Tom DeFalco, who was the editor when Roger Stern (creator of Hobgoblin) was on the book & became EiC of Marvel two months later....

So this is the breakdown:

Riger Stern created Hobby while DeFalco edited him. He had an idea who the villain was.
    Stern quits (to write Avengers) and DeFalco takes over the book. Since writers can't edit themselves (a Jim Shooter directive) Owsley started as editor. Tom didn't like Roger's plan, so he started writing the book with a second candidtae in mind.
    DeFalco & Owsley don't get along, and (depending on who you talk to) there was either major miscommunication or active malice, leading to Owsley taking over the books for an arc, and revealing Leeds as the Hobgoblin (who was neither Stern nor DeFalco's actual choice).
    DeFalco becomes EiC. Owsley leaves Marvel (these two facts may or may not be related).
    Years later, Stern is allowed to tell the story he planned all along.

It's truly a mess, and nobody is entirely innocent.
    The entire thing melted my brain when I found out that James Owsley is actually Christopher Priest.

He deliberately doesn't talk about much anymore (he was just 22 at the time) but the fact that he was so instrumental at Marvel on such a big storyline at the young of an age is very, very interesting to say the least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With Kang in the mix I’m not going to freak out just yet over this, but it’s basically the opposite of what most people here are hoping for lmao.

Edit:
    spoilers:
    Ok I just read the leak and it looks more like Shuri is taking over the role again, that’s Shuri’s costume. Fuck I hope it’s just a time travel gimmick or whatever and not her actually taking the BP book.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That’s not good lol. A piece of me says that it’s just more teasing like that one comic that came out last year promising a whole bunch of stories that never happened. Like Emma and Tony getting married or something bad happening to Luke and Jessica’s child. Plus when you add in the fact Aaron’s Avengers probably has another 2-3 years and Ridley’s run just started, I kinda think T’Challa is safe at least for another 12 months lol.

But then again, it would only slightly surprise me if Marvel dedicated itself to killing T’Challa across all media to make room for Shuri and there’s no actual telling how long these current ongoings have. Marvel editorial definitely smells the blood in the water with T’Challa though, the fact they’re even thinking of Shuri BP so quickly after the whole Chadwick situation says the character’s stock has fallen. Maybe this was always in the cards (after all, despite Peter’s massive success they still might replace him) but the timing is uncanny and the direction would be shit either way.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-28-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spoilers for the new timeless issue that dropped.Huge implications for Panther and Spider-man

spoilers:

In the future MJ and Storm take up the mantles of Spider-man and Black Panther "The Brave honor the sacrifices of those in their hearts"

If they kill/coma Peter or Panther again I might be done w/ comics

I do like Spider-man(Peter) and Panther team ups though so some hope ig
    end of spoilers
    What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    He deliberately doesn't talk about much anymore (he was just 22 at the time) but the fact that he was so instrumental at Marvel on such a big storyline at the young of an age is very, very interesting to say the least.
    He actually addresses that specific point on his website:

https://lamerciepark.com/legacy/comics/spidey.html

Search for the word "promotion".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    That’s not good lol. A piece of me says that it’s just more teasing like that one comic that came out last year promising a whole bunch of stories that never happened. Like Emma and Tony getting married or something bad happening to Luke and Jessica’s child. Plus when you add in the fact Aaron’s Avengers probably has another 2-3 years and Ridley’s run just started, I kinda think T’Challa is safe at least for another 12 months lol.

But then again, it would only slightly surprise me if Marvel dedicated itself to killing T’Challa across all media to make room for Shuri and there’s no actual telling how long these current ongoings have. Marvel editorial definitely smells the blood in the water with T’Challa though, the fact they’re even thinking of Shuri BP so quickly after the whole Chadwick situation says the character’s stock has fallen. Maybe this was always in the cards (after all, despite Peter’s massive success they still might replace him) but the timing is uncanny and the direction would be shit either way.
    end of spoilers
    Mark Waid said that marriage thing was the only thing they threw in randomly and everything else was/is planned and we have seen most of it happen which is what scares me.

Didn't even consider BP 2 MCU synergy.Damn

Peter just got replaced by Otto and now Ben, I'd probably drop comics if they pull that.Feeling similar w/ BP

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What is this?
    The Timeless issue has a bunch of teases for upcoming storylines at Marvel. One bit in particular is hilarious because it’s Marvel doing the exact thing DC did with Rebirth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Verbose and overwritten, but some nice world-building. He has an annoying tendency to beat the ever-loving isht out of his main character,

It's actually a bit more complex than that. The original writer left before revealing Hobby's ID. His replacement came up with a different idea, but due to friction with his editor (who is the one who forced the Leeds reveal) was fired before he could tell HIS story. The original writer came back 10 years later and told his story.

And the editor who ended up revealing it as Leeds? James Owsley. (Not his finest hour)

There's a decent recent video about it on Youtube:

Priest wanted the Hobgoblin to be his own creation, The Foreigner, not Leeds. Leeds was the main candidate that DeFalco intended on revealing, and all of the signs were clearly pointed at Leeds. Priest wanted to throw everyone for a loop, because the clues all pointed to it being a long time cast member to Spider-Man, and Peter David fought with Priest about reversing his decision, so Leeds was exposed as the Hobgoblin, and Mackendale replaced him post Spidey/Wolvie.

So T’Challa might not even be safe in the damn source material anymore. Ugh. Well at least E-Mans movement is making wave but if these implications are true about the synergy then there’s no denying that Marvel is trying to profit off of Black Death.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Im pretty much done talking about MCU TChalla here til the movie comes out. Too many leaks, and I'm trying to dodge them.

I'm late af but I read issue 2 of the new run. I liked it quite a bit. I dont really have much in the way of complaints. Tchalla is very cool here, and likeable, Ridley wasn't kidding about that James Bond influence. Also done mind not getting a reveal already, I'm in no rush as long as the jndivdual issues are enjoyable reads. I really enjoyed the fight sequence and even if TChalla got tagged he turned it around very nicely. Next issue can't come soon enough. Also that Alex Ross cover was better than the variants and I need it as a wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's the common consensus on Don McGregor's Black Panther work?
    I appreciate everything he did for the character. He truly liked him, he practically built Wakanda as a writer. Panther's Rage is iconic and Killmonger is still the best villain we have and he wrote so many villains other writers could pick and choose ones to bring back. He wrote T'challa with a true supporting cast including a love interest. And to boot, the love interest was Black and he had no problem showing that on panel. He was even willing to be fired over his KKK story.

but...

It is too old for me. I can't read comics from that era personally and he is a bad offender of it. He just writes. so. many. words. His habit to have T'challa get the absolute shit beat out of him by everyone was weird because I don't think it was malicious, just his style. Crack in Wakanda was ridiculous. Ramonda somewhat reliving her rape (well even having her taken was a crazy choice) in somewhat positive way was... yikes (even if thta happens to victims, still yikes lol. ).

vs KKK sucked. Panther's Quest sucked. Panther's Prey sucked lol.

I can squint and like Panther's Rage until the ending where T'challa goes through all that shit just to get his ass beat again and be saved by a kid lol. That is like throw the book down in frustration levels of stupid.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Edit:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers

Not even gonna wait to see if Ridley's run bombs or not eh? lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

According to new reports, Okoye will have a same-sex relationship with another Dora Milaje in 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' (via DanielRPK)BP: WAKANDA FOREVER

Surely they are getting the Dora's confused right... surely they aren't burning down EVERYTHING from the first movie... right...

Surely marvel ain't that dumb. Need Wright to step out the shadows and say some more stupid things as is her want.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 12-29-2021 at 07:01 AM.

So much for Coel playing Aneka.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"