Page 998 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 498898948988994995996997998999100010011002 ... LastLast
Results 14,956 to 14,970 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Habit - absorbs kinect vibrations and most energies, cloaking, and transforming technology. Bullet proof and stab proof.

Anti metal claws - can cut through nearly all metals at the molecular level

Energy blades (formerly known as energy daggers) blades made of pure energy. Can transform into any bladed weapon (as well as Hickmans purple boxing gloves). Has stun, kill settings. Can adjust frequency to match other energy sources and can disrupt cosmic energies (Al Ewings Ultimates)

Force push - energy absorbed through the habit can be redistributed through out the habit via Omni wave, frontal cone, transfer through some materials, and used to temporarily enhance physical attributes (running, jumping striking)

Kimoyo beads- wearable Super computer. Can hack any system within mere minutes. Tracking, communications etc. Can turn into a full functional super computing system (Al Ewings Ultimates)

Energy dampening boots - can weaken the integrity of metals through vibrations, can fall 8 stories and land without a sound, with enough momentum he can walk on water or run up walls. Excess Kinect energy is stored in the boots and disperse put to prevent habit overload

Not bad. I'd say "resistant" instead of "prrof" just to add a little risk to proceedings. And I'm not a huge fan of the idea that "the habit enhances speed/strngth" because that makes it about the suit, not the person inside it. I'll leave that to Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Great breakdown. I really like the boots. But I always felt that just 8 stories was lackluster. I wish it was more like 15 stories, or maybe something about it’s properties that help him survive greater falls and land on balance.
    Unlike many of my fellow fans, I tend not to think in terms of numbers, because it's pretty clear that the writers don't bother. On the one hand, the "official" handbook says that a character can only lift 5 tons... on the other, they need him to throw an armored truck at Doctor Doom.

Which do you think will happen?

In terms of equipment, I tend to think in terms of what the character is like, and what he'd likely carry.

So we have this:

T'Challa is a fighter who uses stealth and agility in combat. He's not the sort to do a frontal attack, tanking blows and just pounding on people until they go down.

So, from that perspective:

Offensive:

Melee range: Claws, force push.
    Short range: Knives, force bubble (al al the movie).
    Long range: Ghost spear (which is also the only weapon usable against mystic enemies)..

I don't want the force push to be a long-range weapon, because that's again more of an IM thing.

Defensive:

Impact & penetration-resistant habit. Easy choice, bet less useful against directed energy.
    Cloak: Because I can't see why he'd let the HZ have it and not keep it for himself, too. The transformative function (particularly my fave Armani mode) is a side-effect.

I'm of a divided mind about teleportation. On the one hand, it's a useful tactical ability. OTOH, I don't trust other writers to not turn it into a crutch. I'd rather have the claok used in a similar "fade-out" fashion.

Utility:

Integrated Kimoyo systems. Because bracelets can break, and cards dropped.
    Vibranium soles: Because why not?
    Tech in the cowl that enhances his already superhuman senses.

Anything in addition would have to be carefully considered in terms of future use/abuse. Being suddenly able to block telepathy, for example, might very well be within the scope of Wakandan science, but it's a door that, once opened, is difficult to close.

(Being able to do it because of personal discipline, OTOH, makes it a personal feat, and one that could theoretically fail if he was disoriented or tired after a long battle.)

I know, it's really tempting to give T'Challa all the gear necessary to take out any foe, but this leads down the road of "and then what?" So it behooves a writer to hold that tendency back, to leave room for story.

*looks at page number*

Let’s get to 1000 before the end of the year!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

https://www.nme.com/news/music/doja-...dtrack-3127897

According to an industry insider, both Doja Cat and Stormzy are in talks to write tracks for the Black Panther 2 soundtrack.

“Doja Cat is one of the artists who is in line to perform on the soundtrack because of her South African heritage. The Weeknd, Solange and Stormzy are also being considered as the producers want a wide range of smash hit artists to make this soundtrack bigger than the first,” said the unnamed source.
    And here is this....

As reported by Metro UK, Marvel has “finalised the storyline so have started courting artists to start writing songs with it in mind.”

The artist that was in racial chatrooms showing feet is performing the soundtrack? Lmao this movie

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The artist that was in racial chatrooms showing feet is performing the soundtrack? Lmao this movie
    I never heard of either one but another article said he was added to appeal to UK audience.

Tory Lanez was suppose to be in this but his legal trouble took him out.

Doja cat who I was talking about. She even made a song called "dindu nuffin".

Feels like I'm in an episode of black mirror

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Edit post.....
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-30-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Not bad. I'd say "resistant" instead of "prrof" just to add a little risk to proceedings. And I'm not a huge fan of the idea that "the habit enhances speed/strngth" because that makes it about the suit, not the person inside it. I'll leave that to Stark.

Unlike many of my fellow fans, I tend not to think in terms of numbers, because it's pretty clear that the writers don't bother. On the one hand, the "official" handbook says that a character can only lift 5 tons... on the other, they need him to throw an armored truck at Doctor Doom.

Which do you think will happen?

In terms of equipment, I tend to think in terms of what the character is like, and what he'd likely carry.

So we have this:

T'Challa is a fighter who uses stealth and agility in combat. He's not the sort to do a frontal attack, tanking blows and just pounding on people until they go down.

So, from that perspective:

Offensive:

Melee range: Claws, force push.
    Short range: Knives, force bubble (al al the movie).
    Long range: Ghost spear (which is also the only weapon usable against mystic enemies)..

I don't want the force push to be a long-range weapon, because that's again more of an IM thing.

Defensive:

Impact & penetration-resistant habit. Easy choice, bet less useful against directed energy.
    Cloak: Because I can't see why he'd let the HZ have it and not keep it for himself, too. The transformative function (particularly my fave Armani mode) is a side-effect.

I'm of a divided mind about teleportation. On the one hand, it's a useful tactical ability. OTOH, I don't trust other writers to not turn it into a crutch. I'd rather have the claok used in a similar "fade-out" fashion.

Utility:

Integrated Kimoyo systems. Because bracelets can break, and cards dropped.
    Vibranium soles: Because why not?
    Tech in the cowl that enhances his already superhuman senses.

Anything in addition would have to be carefully considered in terms of future use/abuse. Being suddenly able to block telepathy, for example, might very well be within the scope of Wakandan science, but it's a door that, once opened, is difficult to close.

(Being able to do it because of personal discipline, OTOH, makes it a personal feat, and one that could theoretically fail if he was disoriented or tired after a long battle.)

I know, it's really tempting to give T'Challa all the gear necessary to take out any foe, but this leads down the road of "and then what?" So it behooves a writer to hold that tendency back, to leave room for story.
    Allow me to clarify, the enhancing physical attributes via the kinect energy is exactly as portrayed in the MCU (kinect punches and kicks) and Jason Aaron's avengers (T'Challa chasing the blur) in no way are these permanent and they are more so just explosive Bursts. I kept the habit bullet proof and stab proof as that is how priest made it. And kimoyo Is attached to the Habit

Great breakdown. I really like the boots. But I always felt that just 8 stories was lackluster. I wish it was more like 15 stories, or maybe something about it’s properties that help him survive greater falls and land on balance.
    I'm suddenly reminded that Bendis had Panther fall and break his neck

Mighty Member

Here is my provocative, silly opinion in effort to reach 1000 pages. As humans, we have vestigal genes, and even sometimes nerves, responsible for utilization of whiskers and tails. As everyone knows, whiskers and tails help with various balance and sensory attributes associated with different animals, specifically cats. Panthers are cats. Therefore vibranium whiskers and tail should be added to the Black panther habit in order to enhance the already considerable sense of balance and space T'Challa already has. And also, as everyone also knows, mellanistic panther still have visible spots. And even though spots were used on the habit Killmonger wore in the movie, they should be added to the regular BP habit in the comics. But only when in stealth mode. So, instead of having to illustrate a ghostly figure or no fugure when in stealth mode, you see only spots for an indication of BP's proximity. All of this should happen expeditiously. Lol. Thoughts?
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 12-30-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Next year is going to be a doozy. Better make sure to create a Wakanda thread come Saturday. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They are going to market the sh*t out of this movie in order to compensate for the lack of T'Challa and the production stories that this film is going through, which could potentially affect the quality of the story.

The soundtrack isn't going to change anything so I think I will pass on this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    They are going to market the sh*t out of this movie in order to compensate for the lack of T'Challa and the production stories that this film is going through, which could potentially affect the quality of the story.

The soundtrack isn't going to change anything so I think I will pass on this too.
    Assuming the Omarion variant doesn’t push things back further. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda