Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default X-Men election winners predictions

Based on X-men #16 they will have a election for the New X-men team.
    Krakoan citizen has the rights to vote who will represent them for the X-men team.
    So if they will vote who do you think will win?

In my opinion, based on popularity Dazzler should win this election.

Akademos Habitat- So these are the kids like Academy X, Gen X, New mutants, 5 lights ,etc. My personal vote would be Surge but this could go anywhere

House of M- I'm going to assume these are Acolytes and anyone who agrees with Exodus way of thinking. No clue who would get chosen from this group Carmella Unuscione maybe

Hellfire training company- Pretty straight forward Red Queen(Kitty), Red Bishops (Bishop) , White Queen(Emma), White knight(Callisto), White Bishop(Emma's brother) , Black King( Shaw), Black Bishop(Shaw's son) , Black knight( Fenris twins) I'm guessing this will be Bishop

Bar Sinister- This is very confusing did they let Sinister bring all of his clones with him as well as his servants on to Krakoa? If that is the case that is pretty funny and I wonder who Sinister will choose to join the X men. Kwannon is loyal for now but that might not last. So maybe he will just choose a clone of his.

Wild Hunt- So this is tricky are these the feral mutants who have more animal instincts that are more comfortable living in the wild than normal civilization? That means that most likely the person to win this vote would be the strongest feral mutant that is left. I hope it's not Wolverine but it might be.

Arakkii Pillar- Arrako mutants that choose to come over to Krakoa I'm guessing. Only ones we know for a fact that are here is Bei the blood moon. Solem is somewhere but I doubt he will join

So the locks as I would guess would be Cyclops, Jean, Kwannon, Bishop, Bei the Blood Moon, Wolverine and 2 unknown spots for Acolytes and the Kid zone.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Akademos Habitat- So these are the kids like Academy X, Gen X, New mutants, 5 lights ,etc. My personal vote would be Surge but this could go anywhere

House of M- I'm going to assume these are Acolytes and anyone who agrees with Exodus way of thinking. No clue who would get chosen from this group Carmella Unuscione maybe

Hellfire training company- Pretty straight forward Red Queen(Kitty), Red Bishops (Bishop) , White Queen(Emma), White knight(Callisto), White Bishop(Emma's brother) , Black King( Shaw), Black Bishop(Shaw's son) , Black knight( Fenris twins) I'm guessing this will be Bishop

Bar Sinister- This is very confusing did they let Sinister bring all of his clones with him as well as his servants on to Krakoa? If that is the case that is pretty funny and I wonder who Sinister will choose to join the X men. Kwannon is loyal for now but that might not last. So maybe he will just choose a clone of his.

Wild Hunt- So this is tricky are these the feral mutants who have more animal instincts that are more comfortable living in the wild than normal civilization? That means that most likely the person to win this vote would be the strongest feral mutant that is left. I hope it's not Wolverine but it might be.

Arakkii Pillar- Arrako mutants that choose to come over to Krakoa I'm guessing. Only ones we know for a fact that are here is Bei the blood moon. Solem is somewhere but I doubt he will join

So the locks as I would guess would be Cyclops, Jean, Kwannon, Bishop, Bei the Blood Moon, Wolverine and 2 unknown spots for Acolytes and the Kid zone.
    You're assuming that there has to be one and only one winner from each group, which isn't supported by the issue.

I predict at least one former villain that will challenge the team's commitment to staying as moral as possible. Basically the equivalent to Claremont's Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You're assuming that there has to be one and only one winner from each group, which isn't supported by the issue.
    I'm assuming this is in the vain of a book or small team i don't think they would be the whole party system there if it wasn't like that. Each faction gets represented

Dazzler I think is the most popular mutant since shes a known celebrity

Fantastic Member

It will be a dream team if every generation of X-men (from 60s to X-Academy) has representative.
    60s to 80s- Dazzler or Banshee
    90s- Strong guy and Madrox are popular because of government team "X-factor".
    Or Sunpot, Cannonball as member of Avengers.
    X-Academy: Wind dancer ,Pixie, or Surge.

Ultimate Member

One of his on-and-off minions from the Nasty Boys (Ruckus, Gorgeous George, Hairball, etc.) or original Marauders (Riptide, Vertigo, Arclight), or even Threnody, could be options.

I'd love to see Unuscione repping the Acolytes faction. And Bishop the current Marauders/Hellfire faction.

Gambit and Rogue should shine at least in something since DOX started because Excalibur's writing is the worst for them but I don't have high hopes, really.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 12-31-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit and Rogue should shine at least in something sinene DOX started because Excalibur's writing is the worst for them but I don't have high hopes, really.
    Yeah kind of stinks that the Excalibur team doesn't really even have a place in the voting districts. Wouldn't care if they were getting more purpose and usage in their own book. Most of X-Force doesn't really factor in either.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I feel like it's a logistical oversight to bring someone named "Bishop" into your chess-themed organization where other people who aren't him are also called "Bishop"
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 12-31-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Call me crazy, but it honestly wouldn’t shock me if the x-men suffer an election blowout this year. Although we see them as superheroes, I think for the majority of mutants who have suffered massacres and persecution the x-men would feel like liberal hollywood sellouts who take selfies with the avengers in order to see the idea of “the good mutant”

Extraordinary Member

If things play out logically.

Wolverine, Rogue, Angel, and Dazzler should be elected on sheer name recognition. They're all that famous.

When it comes to the Sextant/Aakademos/where the young mutants are, I can't see Magik getting outvoted by anybody at this point. She rose to prominence during Cyclops' revolution phase, during the terrigen storyline every mutant civilian who was taking shelter with the X-Men was personally convinced to come there by Magik, so she built up a connection with a fairly large number of civilians, and now she's one of the most prominent people in the entire nation as the captain who actually does things and works the best with Cyclops. As much as people may want to see the likes of Dani, Surge, Armor, or whoever among the younger crowd get voted in, I don't see how any of them could win what would ultimately come down to a popularity contest besides for maybe Hope and the Five, and even then, they are too important to risk on such a venture and would likely be forced to decline if they were elected.

Beast is another likely candidate, much as I think he doesn't deserve it. He's not only an original X-Man, but he was the first to be prominent outside the X-Men as an Avenger. The hope is that he's been low-profile enough in X-Force that he's faded from the general consciousness.

Angel is another who'd win any popularity contest by virtue of his celebrity. Rich, famous, and smoking good looks.

I think this is partly Cyclops' intention. The X-Men are going to be representatives and serve as a challenge to the Quiet Council, so he's looking for star power as much as sheer power. I suppose it's possible we could see a dark horse candidate run a string campaign and build up support that way, most likely a former villain who would end up being the black sheep of the team, but not more than 1, and even then it would still have to be someone who was pretty well-known to begin with like Trump. I think if if someone tried to use telepathy or another power to cheat they'd get found out pretty quickly. If Xavier, Jean, and Emma don't have proper safeguards against that then Krakoa deserves to fall.

Fantastic Member

Since X-men are famous mutant defender, its logically any unknown mutant can filed to join.
    With 200k citizen in krakoa , they can introduce a wildcard character.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    It will be a dream team if every generation of X-men (from 60s to X-Academy) has representative.
    60s to 80s- Dazzler or Banshee
    90s- Strong guy and Madrox are popular because of government team "X-factor".
    Or Sunpot, Cannonball as member of Avengers.
    X-Academy: Wind dancer ,Pixie, or Surge.
    This is a great selection too imho