Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Are we sure each area will deliver a candidate tat gets voted in? I did understand every area (except the QC) can vote.

What I think would be most logic is to set a strong core team.

Who will probably not on it:
    As it is obviously Storm will have lots of focus, I think she might not get on board this team.
    Archangel and Monet as they obviously will be on the X-Corps series.
    Betsy, as she is the key character of Excalibur
    Emma, Shaw, Red Queen, as Marauders evolve around those 3

Who will be on it: Looking at the cash cows, I bet it will at least have Cyclops, Marvel Girl and Wolverine (let us then hope he leaves X-Force), then we will have the fans favorite, which will be Polaris, Banshee of Sunspot. I think these are a safe bet.

Who I think are most likely: I would not be surprised if they add Gambit & Rogue. as the are popular and now background characters. Vulcan, as he was part of the series before and to important to be sidelined. Probably a New Mutant, like Mirage or Sunspot and a slight change one of the students or former villains.

Who I want to be on it: Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Hellion, Sunspot, Iceman, Bishop, Surge, Vulcan, Rogue and Moonstar
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

If Sunspot and Banshee didn't win the fan vote then I doubt either of them will be on the team. It would not be a good look to have multiple people from the poll on the team as it would show that the vote didn't matter. They advertised it as choosing 1 out of the 10, not filling multiple spots.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If Sunspot and Banshee didn't win the fan vote then I doubt either of them will be on the team. It would not be a good look to have multiple people from the poll on the team as it would show that the vote didn't matter. They advertised it as choosing 1 out of the 10, not filling multiple spots.
    Yes, agree. So Sunspot and Banshee won't be in if Polaris won.

The X-Men members have to be very powerful to protect Krakoa and also popular among the fans to boost sales.

Scott, Jean, Wolverine, Polaris come to mind. Storm would fit in if she was not in the council.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-09-2021 at 03:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm expecting at least a couple of representatives from the Akademos Habitat, because it has such large numbers, and at least 2 "villains" - if the team is elected by the Krakoan population, there's many ex-Acolytes etc who would likely vote for their own.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm expecting at least a couple of representatives from the Akademos Habitat, because it has such large numbers, and at least 2 "villains" - if the team is elected by the Krakoan population, there's many ex-Acolytes etc who would likely vote for their own.
    Yeah, by pure statistics some villains are going to win because they are popular with the population.

Ultimate Member

Unuscione, of the Acolytes, making it on the team is about the only thing that would salve the sting of Tempo not making it for me.

Granted, Frenzy and Cortez are already appearing, thanks to SWORD, so it would be neat to have a representative of some other team, like Dragoness or Phantazia or Tempo repping the MLF. Even Mutant Force has some SWORD rep, thanks to Peeper!

I decided to take a second stab and put on my paranoid hat. If we are going pure popularity contest the team would be Dazzler, Lila Cheney, X-Statix characters and Jumbo Carnation so I think characters must be able to opt out of elections. I just don't see an election going well for Jean and Scott and the team they get will be challenging.

House of M - Polaris
    , fan vote winner

Arakkii Pillar - Isca
    . She seems to the one the most developed.

Akademos Habitat: Moonstar, she would be very popular among the residents and could be challenging for Scott.

Hellfire Trading Company - Callisto
    was just repowered. I think it makes sense to add in her the mix from the available characters as she's the least necessary for the story in Marauders with Storm possibly leaving. X-Line is supposed to be co-coordinating maybe this was repowering was seeding her arrival to the main team. Her sensory powers are also undeveloped so could be fun.

Bar Sinister - Thunderbird, it was seeded way back that Sinister's X-Gene came from Thunderbird. Maybe the payoff will come now and he will be put forward by Bar Sinister. He'd be a nice throwback and is very undeveloped and like Callisto classic character.

Wild Hunt -
    I am going to go with Gwenpool. We know she's on Krakoa. Marvel wants to make her happen and she manipulates probability and again she just showed up in X of Swords so it might be that her joining the team is being seeded.

Are the Arakkii allowed to vote? Or just to be voted for by the Krakoans? Because if it's the former, given how much they outnumber the Krakoans, the team should be made up entirely by Arakkii + Jean and Scott.

Are the Arakkii allowed to vote? Or just to be voted for by the Krakoans? Because if it's the former, given how much they outnumber the Krakoans, the team should be made up entirely by Arakkii + Jean and Scott.
    I am guessing they just put forward one person.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I am guessing they just put forward one person.
    Well surely Isca couldn't possibly be beaten at this election LOL

Well surely Isca couldn't possibly be beaten at this election LOL
    God. I never even thought of that. Isca must be so bored actually. Her entire life must involve no level of risk.

I LOVE the idea of Thunderbird as the powerhouse of the team.

God. I never even thought of that. Isca must be so bored actually. Her entire life must involve no level of risk.
    Sounds like One Punch Man.
    Dark does not mean deep.

She could probably conquer the world just by using twitter and facebook
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

So the latest news, only left for the last position in new X-men team:Polaris, Cannonball, Banshee, Sunspot.

Who are the other might be beside Jean grey and Cyclops?