Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I think we'll get some standard/classic team + 1 from each of the zones since they bothered to mention that mutants from there could be nominated. I dont think its just about them being able to vote, since there's no point to name the quiet council then as an exception considering they are just worth 10 votes.

Forgive me if this has been identified and discussed yet but, I recognize that Council Members are inapplicable, and that we have an assortment of specified communities within Krakoa to elect from (Akademos, Wild Hunt, House of M, etc etc) but my question is this:

Is this a broad scope election, nominating anyone from anywhere within Krakoa --- OR --- is each respective community nominating representatives from their respective camps?
    Like, is the Akademos community going to elect a specific member (or members) for consideration? That would prioritize a diversification of the impending members of this New X-Men team.

Otherwise, yeah, I foresee the shiniest and most recognizable Poster Children of X getting the nominations. (Wolverine, Dazzler, etc)

Now that I think about it, if it IS a popularity/status driven nomination process -- I could see Polaris getting a lot of votes, since so many people worship Magneto, but he's exempt from selection due to his Council status. But perhaps she'd turn it down due to dedication to her Factor duties? And with that in mind, are THE FIVE exempt? I would assume they're too important?
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-01-2021 at 06:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Forgive me if this has been identified and discussed yet but, I recognize that Council Members are inapplicable, and that we have an assortment of specified communities within Krakoa to elect from (Akademos, Wild Hunt, House of M, etc etc) but my question is this:

Is this a broad scope election, nominating anyone from anywhere within Krakoa --- OR --- is each respective community nominating representatives from their respective camps?
    Like, is the Akademos community going to elect a specific member (or members) for consideration? That would prioritize a diversification of the impending members of this New X-Men team.

Otherwise, yeah, I foresee the shiniest and most recognizable Poster Children of X getting the nominations. (Wolverine, Dazzler, etc)
    It's very unclear. We also don't know if people can nominate whoever they want or if each nominee has to submit their own candidacy. I asked a similar question in the X-Men 16 review thread and no one responded. We don't even know when this election will be held or the results announced since it's not addressed in the next 3 months of solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's very unclear. We also don't know if people can nominate whoever they want or if each nominee has to submit their own candidacy. I asked a similar question in the X-Men 16 review thread and no one responded. We don't even know when this election will be held or the results announced since it's not addressed in the next 3 months of solicits.
    I wonder (predict, even?) that since the winners/team will be unveiled/announced at the Hellfire Gala, that the nominations process will be summarized via data page rather than explicitly played out in story(?)
    We may get some bits peppered within the X-Men book but a data page will possibly be the bulk of the info.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder (predict, even?) that since the winners/team will be unveiled/announced at the Hellfire Gala, that the nominations process will be summarized via data page rather than explicitly played out in story(?)
    We may get some bits peppered within the X-Men book but a data page will possibly be the bulk of the info.
    Makes sense. I'd rather they get it over with quickly, but who knows. Another detail is that the say that election is annual, meaning in-universe the team could change composition by vote every year. However I doubt that they will reach the point of having a second election between comic-time being weird and the likely end of Krakoa at some point.

Makes sense. I'd rather they get it over with quickly, but who knows. Another detail is that the say that election is annual, meaning in-universe the team could change composition by vote every year. However I doubt that they will reach the point of having a second election between comic-time being weird and the likely end of Krakoa at some point.
    Oh wow, I wonder what THAT emotional journey will be like, if someone is more or less voted OFF the team.
    Like, would there be hurt feelings if/when someone is NOT re-elected? Or is the relieved member...well... relieved? Ready to chill? Back to Blob's Bar! haha

Extraordinary Member

Oh wow, I wonder what THAT emotional journey will be like, if someone is more or less voted OFF the team.
    Like, would there be hurt feelings if/when someone is NOT re-elected? Or is the relieved member...well... relieved? Ready to chill? Back to Blob's Bar! haha
    Be ironic if Scott or Jean was voted off after the first year and very hypocritical if that was impossible.

Be ironic if Scott or Jean was voted off after the first year and very hypocritical if that was impossible.
    Ha ha ha. I'm very curious to see how this process shakes out.

I posted the same question about the nomination process on twitter and the very first response I get is: "Does it matter? In the end its the writer who selects the team as usual"

C'mon dude. Geez.

Spectacular Member

be kinda funny if all the captains get elected, since Bishop and Magik have enough following and notoriety to be voted in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    be kinda funny if all the captains get elected, since Bishop and Magik have enough following and notoriety to be voted in.
    If that were to happen the X-Men's political power would be a real threat to the Quiet Council and the majority of the nation's military structure would stand to be in opposition to the central government. That screams coup in the making.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If that were to happen the X-Men's political power would be a real threat to the Quiet Council and the majority of the nation's military structure would stand to be in opposition to the central government. That screams coup in the making.
    Yeah, which is the most exciting part of the X-Men not working for the council

Well, the QC was supposed to disband after everything gets settled, and they've actively avoided doing so, so...

We do not know how the election system works yet (if it goes by zones or single district) so, it does not make sense to argue for now because the results will be drastically different in the two cases.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If these are the winners, as theorized, I don't immediately recognize any of them. There appear to be four, possibly a fifth between Jean and Scott. One androgynous silhouette, two appear to be men, and one appears to be a woman. That's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, the QC was supposed to disband after everything gets settled, and they've actively avoided doing so, so...
    Maybe not everything is settled