Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, the QC was supposed to disband after everything gets settled, and they've actively avoided doing so, so...
    You call this settled? There’s an island with millions of godlike mutants who have been at war for millennia and are not used to sharing a planet with a load of nuclear-armed monkeys.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Based on X-men #16 they will have a election for the New X-men team.
    Krakoan citizen has the rights to vote who will represent them for the X-men team.
    So if they will vote who do you think will win?

In my opinion, based on popularity Dazzler should win this election.

Hopefully, we'll see a lot of GenX/New X-Men Cannon Fodder...

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You call this settled? There’s an island with millions of godlike mutants who have been at war for millennia and are not used to sharing a planet with a load of nuclear-armed monkeys.
    I meant before that.

There should be a blue and gold team.
    I would like to see Lifeguard brought back into the fold. Warpath is another ( i hate that he’s on the new mutants) Monet, Pixie, Dazzler, Vulcan, Cannonball as leader. This would represent the gold team.

For the Blue team

Wolvie, Hope Summers unless they come out with A Five Book then throw Synch in there, Jean of course, Nightcrawler, Risqué and Cyke as Leader

Going off of the trend that all of the other books have followed, there’s definitely going to be at least one villain on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Going off of the trend that all of the other books have followed, there’s definitely going to be at least one villain on the team.
    Oh, that's definite.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The figure in the RoX promo directly to Jean's left with the helmet could be Avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

If these are the winners, as theorized, I don't immediately recognize any of them. There appear to be four, possibly a fifth between Jean and Scott. One androgynous silhouette, two appear to be men, and one appears to be a woman. That's all I got.
    The woman in the shadows to the right of Jean looks like Shard or Fatale to me. The mutant to the left of Scott kinda like like Thunderbird Neal?

Amazing Member

L to R: Dazzler, Darwin/Xorn, Bishop, Rogue?

Fantastic Member

l to R: Dazzler, Fantomex, hairy shadow (clueless), quicksilver, siryn or polaris

JDW pretty much said on X-Men Monday that Dazzler won't show up at the beginning of the year, so...

Spectacular Member

The real questions are: will the elections be fair? Will fraud happen? Will who lose the elections concede? Will be Cerebro used to falsify the votes?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, the QC was supposed to disband after everything gets settled, and they've actively avoided doing so, so...
    The books only said that eventually the QC could have been replaced by a democratic solution, nothing was said about when, why or how. Nobody said “when everything is settled”, also because it would make no sense, with a country there is no “everything is settled” moment, so the quiet council would never be replaced if that was the clause, in real life but even more in comics, where it’s a crisis after the other, just after Krakoa was established there was the Orchis/Nimrod thing potentially threatening all mutantkind, followed by horde culture threatening the gardens and with them Krakoa agreements with human governments, and so on and so on. I don’t want to search in the books but I think the idea they were conveying wasn’t even a plan or timetable, but something along the lines “we can immagine, based on how these things go, that at certain point the QC will eventually be replaced by a different, more democratic, form of government.” And Krakoa in comics time exists from a few months tops, the QC even less.
    Last edited by PeterParked; 01-02-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    The books only said that eventually the QC could have been replaced by a democratic solution, nothing was said about when, why or how. Nobody said “when everything is settled”, also because it would make no sense, with a country there is no “everything is settled” moment, so the quiet council would never be replaced if that was the clause, in real life but even more in comics, where it’s a crisis after the other, just after Krakoa was established there was the Orchis/Nimrod thing potentially threatening all mutantkind, followed by horde culture threatening the gardens and with them Krakoa agreements with human governments, and so on and so on. I don’t want to search in the books but I think the idea they were conveying wasn’t even a plan or timetable, but something along the lines “we can immagine, based on how these things go, that at certain point the QC will eventually be replaced by a different, more democratic, form of government.” And Krakoa in comics time exists from a few months tops, the QC even less.
    So in other words: never. When Emma Frost displays more concern for democracy than Charles Xavier something gone horribly wrong and I don't think Hickman did that because he's a hack.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    JDW pretty much said on X-Men Monday that Dazzler won't show up at the beginning of the year, so...
    What exactly he defines as beginning of the year? The winners will be revealed in what, April or May? Plus, you know, he could just be lying to throw people off-trail.