Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, the QC was supposed to disband after everything gets settled, and they've actively avoided doing so, so...
    And in the real world there is a man that said he would concede after losing an election twice and he still hasn't and get this, a lot of people are actually behind him so it happens...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I want to see Dazzler and Banshee on the same team. He could probably power her up pretty good (with the recent talk of mutant powers working together).

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Jean, Cyclops, Isca, Synch, Darwin, X-23, Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And in the real world there is a man that said he would concede after losing an election twice and he still hasn't and get this, a lot of people are actually behind him so it happens...
    So are you saying the QC are like Trump?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You call this settled? There’s an island with millions of godlike mutants who have been at war for millennia and are not used to sharing a planet with a load of nuclear-armed monkeys.
    Plus LBR, "settled" means "Moira". Which is why post Hickmans run/the Moira stuff I doubt the council will be around (if even Krakoa)

I’d like to see a team consisting of all eras of X-men. Surge would be a great addition as would Oya.

It won’t happen, but I’d love the team to be a mix of characters from different eras, a wild card, villain, and a newer Hickman character...

Cyclops, Jean, Banshee, Dazzler, Maggott, Venus Dee Milo, Carnivore, Bei.

You’ve got a great mix of power sets (telepath, flyer, teleporter, powerhouse) as well as two who could be damn powerful if used together (Alison and Sean).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I want to see Dazzler and Banshee on the same team. He could probably power her up pretty good (with the recent talk of mutant powers working together).
    I imagine this scene light amplify the sound.
    Ala lightning/thunder with different pattern , colors, and sounds.

Also if Banshee/Dazzler could create a combo power set.
    Others can copy it Bei bloodmoon and Siryn for Banshee/Jubilee and tabitha for Dazzler
    Last edited by Mutant101; 01-02-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Cyclops, Jean, Banshee, Lorna, Cecilia Reyes, Rogue, Gambit and Bishop
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Is it just me or does voting does not really make sense here? I think a democratic selection of the Quiet Council would be necessary but when it comes to a "strike force" like the X-Men someone should create a team of people that fights well together and maybe are capable to create some new "mutant technology" with their shared powers when coming together...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Is it just me or does voting does not really make sense here? I think a democratic selection of the Quiet Council would be necessary but when it comes to a "strike force" like the X-Men someone should create a team of people that fights well together and maybe are capable to create some new "mutant technology" with their shared powers when coming together...
    But the X-men aren't supposed to be just a strike force here, but rather representatives of Krakoa.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Agreed. Sounds kind of like a disaster. "Let the focus groups write the story!" Yikes.

Fortunately the writer gets to decide who gets voted on, and can choose characters to not just be the most popular (but tactically useless) mutants like Jumbo Carnation, Doop and Glob or whatever. (While still picking a few that might be dramatically fun because they don't necessarily play well with others. Every team can use someone to bring the drama, like a Daken or a Mystique.)

It could be interesting if some attempt to game the election, or get elected for surprising reasons. Examples; Off-screen, Sinister's been running all sorts of popular gambling at the Bar, and offers quietly to forgive a bunch of debts if debtors vote for one of his Nasty Boys, and that's why a bunch of randos, including the entire MLF, voted for Gorgeous George to be an X-Man! Nature Girl's been quietly helping grow different sorts of fruit plants or restructure people's tree-house-pod thingies with her powers, and tons of people vote for her because she's helped them personally, or they just like her, meanwhile, people at the X-Men/Quiet Council level knew bupkiss about this grassroots level stuff she'd been doing and are surprised when she gets voted in!

And then there could be some who don't want to be X-Men. The Morlock Healer might have generated a ton of goodwill, and get lots of votes, and be all, 'Yeah, I don't fight. No thanks. I'll be here to patch up those who do take up the call, 'though.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. Sounds kind of like a disaster. "Let the focus groups write the story!" Yikes.

Fortunately the writer gets to decide who gets voted on, and can choose characters to not just be the most popular (but tactically useless) mutants like Jumbo Carnation, Doop and Glob or whatever. (While still picking a few that might be dramatically fun because they don't necessarily play well with others. Every team can use someone to bring the drama, like a Daken or a Mystique.)

It could be interesting if some attempt to game the election, or get elected for surprising reasons. Examples; Off-screen, Sinister's been running all sorts of popular gambling at the Bar, and offers quietly to forgive a bunch of debts if debtors vote for one of his Nasty Boys, and that's why a bunch of randos, including the entire MLF, voted for Gorgeous George to be an X-Man! Nature Girl's been quietly helping grow different sorts of fruit plants or restructure people's tree-house-pod thingies with her powers, and tons of people vote for her because she's helped them personally, or they just like her, meanwhile, people at the X-Men/Quiet Council level knew bupkiss about this grassroots level stuff she'd been doing and are surprised when she gets voted in!

And then there could be some who don't want to be X-Men. The Morlock Healer might have generated a ton of goodwill, and get lots of votes, and be all, 'Yeah, I don't fight. No thanks. I'll be here to patch up those who do take up the call, 'though.'
    Following this logic Gwenpool should win since she can just retcon the whole election to make herself win so she can have fun on the X-men lol

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Akademos Habitat- So these are the kids like Academy X, Gen X, New mutants, 5 lights ,etc. My personal vote would be Surge but this could go anywhere

House of M- I'm going to assume these are Acolytes and anyone who agrees with Exodus way of thinking. No clue who would get chosen from this group Carmella Unuscione maybe

Hellfire training company- Pretty straight forward Red Queen(Kitty), Red Bishops (Bishop) , White Queen(Emma), White knight(Callisto), White Bishop(Emma's brother) , Black King( Shaw), Black Bishop(Shaw's son) , Black knight( Fenris twins) I'm guessing this will be Bishop

Bar Sinister- This is very confusing did they let Sinister bring all of his clones with him as well as his servants on to Krakoa? If that is the case that is pretty funny and I wonder who Sinister will choose to join the X men. Kwannon is loyal for now but that might not last. So maybe he will just choose a clone of his.

Wild Hunt- So this is tricky are these the feral mutants who have more animal instincts that are more comfortable living in the wild than normal civilization? That means that most likely the person to win this vote would be the strongest feral mutant that is left. I hope it's not Wolverine but it might be.

Arakkii Pillar- Arrako mutants that choose to come over to Krakoa I'm guessing. Only ones we know for a fact that are here is Bei the blood moon. Solem is somewhere but I doubt he will join.
    Thanks for recapping what the eligible houses are, first of all!

I was wondering though, what about mutants who, as far as we know, don't belong to any of these, like say Gambit or Rogue or Dazzler?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Akademos Habitat- So these are the kids like Academy X, Gen X, New mutants, 5 lights ,etc. My personal vote would be Surge but this could go anywhere

House of M- I'm going to assume these are Acolytes and anyone who agrees with Exodus way of thinking. No clue who would get chosen from this group Carmella Unuscione maybe

Hellfire training company- Pretty straight forward Red Queen(Kitty), Red Bishops (Bishop) , White Queen(Emma), White knight(Callisto), White Bishop(Emma's brother) , Black King( Shaw), Black Bishop(Shaw's son) , Black knight( Fenris twins) I'm guessing this will be Bishop

Bar Sinister- This is very confusing did they let Sinister bring all of his clones with him as well as his servants on to Krakoa? If that is the case that is pretty funny and I wonder who Sinister will choose to join the X men. Kwannon is loyal for now but that might not last. So maybe he will just choose a clone of his.

Wild Hunt- So this is tricky are these the feral mutants who have more animal instincts that are more comfortable living in the wild than normal civilization? That means that most likely the person to win this vote would be the strongest feral mutant that is left. I hope it's not Wolverine but it might be.

Arakkii Pillar- Arrako mutants that choose to come over to Krakoa I'm guessing. Only ones we know for a fact that are here is Bei the blood moon. Solem is somewhere but I doubt he will join.
    We don't know how the voting is going to work exactly but I would expect at least some of the houses to try and elect one or more of their members. Not everyone has enough residents to pull it off though, for example the Hellfire Trading Company is only made up of a handful of people. The Akademos Habitat on the other hand certainly has the numbers to push through one or more mutants. The Wild Hunt is obviously a question mark and so is the Arakkii Pillar: this latter however considering what Doug said about the size of the Arakkii population could definitely be a serious contender.