Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Thanks for recapping what the eligible houses are, first of all!

I was wondering though, what about mutants who, as far as we know, don't belong to any of these, like say Gambit or Rogue or Dazzler?
    They can vote I assume, they are just not in a party at least that's how I read it. They would be like independent voters
    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    We don't know how the voting is going to work exactly but I would expect at least some of the houses to try and elect one or more of their members. Not everyone has enough residents to pull it off though, for example the Hellfire Trading Company is only made up of a handful of people. The Akademos Habitat on the other hand certainly has the numbers to push through one or more mutants. The Wild Hunt is obviously a question mark and so is the Arakkii Pillar: this latter however considering what Doug said about the size of the Arakkii population could definitely be a serious contender.
    I think there are no name mutants working for the Hellfire trading company. The people I named are just the main players who would get the votes.

If we go off of name recognition alone, likely picks would be those who have spent time in the public eye, been on multiple teams, or have been prominent members of the Avengers

Dazzler, Wolverine, Rogue, and Beast should be easily at the top of that list.

Likely it will not follow logic though lol

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Is it just me or does voting does not really make sense here? I think a democratic selection of the Quiet Council would be necessary but when it comes to a "strike force" like the X-Men someone should create a team of people that fights well together and maybe are capable to create some new "mutant technology" with their shared powers when coming together...
    I think the X-Men being elected representatives is a clever way to avoid any parallels to them being mutant cops or Krakoan military.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    If we go off of name recognition alone, likely picks would be those who have spent time in the public eye, been on multiple teams, or have been prominent members of the Avengers

Dazzler, Wolverine, Rogue, and Beast should be easily at the top of that list.

Likely it will not follow logic though lol
    I doubt most mutants would care about former Avenger status, if anything it might work against them.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I hope Husk makes the team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I think there are no name mutants working for the Hellfire trading company. The people I named are just the main players who would get the votes.
    Yeah, there have to be mutants running those drug farms and handling setting up contracts and distributions and all sorts of behind-the-scenes stuff we don't see bookending Kitty's delivery runs.

I'd be kinda interested in seeing who they are, and what it's like to be in the Savage Land, being a pot-farmer in a land of dinosaurs (and mutates and ancient technology and a dozen human / pteran tribes who may not LOVE a bunch of mutants teleporting in and taking over a large chunk of their land for invasive species agriculture...).

'Cause that's an interesting parallel right there to how Europeans kinda plotzed down in America and didn't much care what the locals thought.

Although now that the Blue Area of the Moon is green, perhaps the Krakoan farms could be expanded to there? Nobody to displace, since the Inhumans movd on.

The X-Men have always been policy makers, though. Every time something has happened to mutants, X-Men have gotten involved and tried to make their policies (mutant/human peace, anti-cruelty, etc.) happen. Utopia was basically a military dictatorship.

Besides, it's not as if the QC wouldn't get involved and fight if they needed to. You think Magneto would just sit around if he thought he could turn the tide?

Akademos Habitat
    Think: Surge, Husk
    Want: Synch, Wind Dancer/Mercury/Bling

House of M
    Think: Toad, Unuscione
    Want: Blob, Scanner

Hellfire Trading Company
    Think: Bishop, Christian Frost or Callisto
    Want: Bishop, Shinobi Shaw

Bar Sinister
    Think: Sinister clone
    Want: Not sure of the options tbh..Ruckus, Gorgeous George?

Wild Hunt
    Think: Primal
    Want: Feral

Arakkii Pillar
    Think: Isca, Bei
    Want: Isca, White Sword

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Bar Sinister
    Think: Sinister clone
    Want: Not sure of the options tbh..Ruckus, Gorgeous George?
    In addition to the Nasty Boys, possibly an ex-Maurader like Arclight or Riptide or Vertigo, or even Threnody? They've all been Sinister-adjacent at points. Plus who knows who hangs out at Bar Sinister these days, perhaps Stinger and Omerta, or others he's name-dropped recently?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Is it just me or does voting does not really make sense here? I think a democratic selection of the Quiet Council would be necessary but when it comes to a "strike force" like the X-Men someone should create a team of people that fights well together and maybe are capable to create some new "mutant technology" with their shared powers when coming together...
    As Omega Alpha said Scott and Jean want the X-men to become representatives of the people of Krakoa, I agree it would be nice if the two spots on the council were also put on the election but imo Charles and Erik don´t want more surprises and they want the X-men to have more control over the Quiet Council so they will probably look someone else from the X-men to take those two spots.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

My guesses/predictions.

We know Jean and Scott.

Akademos Habitat: Banshee - he is likely going to come second and maybe he does deserve character rehab

House of M - Polaris, clearly she won the vote so she would get this vote.

Hellfire Trading Company - I am going to go with Shinobi, not sure why. I think he's likely. I just don't think it will be Bishop or Callisto.

Bar Sinister - He's going to submit a Chimera I think, maybe an earlier version of Rasputin or someone else.

Wild Hunt
    - I am going to go with Darwin. It looks like him in the preview image and he has a big story coming up. He's the ultimate mutant for adaption so he could work.

Arakkii Pillar
    - I am going to go with Isca. She could be an interesting counterpoint to Darwin as they have similar powers.

Wild card - I would love Scarlet Witch. The Avengers line keep taking our toys we should be able to take theres. Besides, I don't think they can really redeem her outside of the X-Books.

Blank version of the image if people want to play around with it. I used this Krakoan font I found online.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ho...l-krakoa-font/

Fantastic Member

Does Marvel confirmed the new x-men team are 8 members? If yes, so we only looking for 6 members.
    Here are my predictions.
    1.)I think Polaris will win the fans elections.
    2.) If Marvel will true to the facts, Dazzler will win the elections.
    3) I want one of them will come from the Vault. (Either any of the 3 will do: X23, Synch, Darwin)
    4) here i want a member from New Mutants that need to be here. (Cannonball already been official member of the team so Sunspot must be here(As former Avengers member he will win the Krakoan votes).
    5)Another one that needs to be level up and i want it from Academy X). (Either Hellion , Surge or Dust )
    6) here a former villian will make this team.works.
    (Juggernaut, Vulcan or Unus the untouchable).

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Does Marvel confirmed the new x-men team are 8 members? If yes, so we only looking for 6 members.
    Here are my predictions.
    1.)I think Polaris will win the fans elections.
    2.) If Marvel will true to the facts, Dazzler will win the elections.
    3) I want one of them will come from the Vault. (Either any of the 3 will do: X23, Synch, Darwin)
    4) here i want a member from New Mutants that need to be here. (Cannonball already been official member of the team so Sunspot must be here(As former Avengers member he will win the Krakoan votes).
    5)Another one that needs to be level up and i want it from Academy X). (Either Hellion , Surge or Dust )
    6) here a former villian will make this team.works.
    (Juggernaut, Vulcan or Unus the untouchable).
    I was guessing it was 8 given the sections voting. For all we know we might get two squads one led by Jean and one by Scott.

Extraordinary Member

Wasn’t Tempo working for the Hellfire Trading Company? Remember what she did with the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wasn’t Tempo working for the Hellfire Trading Company? Remember what she did with the wine.
    Maybe that's how they intended to use her if she won the poll. Some of the characters in the list would never get votes so they didn't make a lot of sense for a public vote.

I wonder if the lineup has actually been set or were they waiting to see who won the poll.

Mighty Member

So Storm and Nightcrawler can't be in X-Men because they're in the council?

The members which I think will most probably be in the team:
    1. Cyclops
    2. Jean
    3. Polaris
    4. Havok

5. Wolverine (he's everywhere)
    6. Rogue
    7. Cypher
    8. Xorn