Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    meh, Superman and Batman writers have made a mini-subgenre of those talking down to/lecturing Diana to inflate their egos so some bite back on her part is always welcome.

That's George Perez right? There are a lot of beautiful things in his stories, but those speeches are endlessly boring to me. Diana was so high minded
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-28-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Phil Jimenez and George Perez

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX_LAayLEIN/

Stumbled onto the art of my first ever print, an homage to #GodsofGotham, my first arc from #WonderWoman 20 years ago now. Swipe for the black and white version.

I’ve shared before, and prints are still available through @modernmythologycomicart — but I’m just fond of this piece and wanted to share again.

The Batman and Wonder Woman families of #GodsofGotham echo each other so beautifully — and I’m a sucker for such symmetry, for such parallels. I know folks like to play Superman off of each of them, but I think Batman and Wonder Woman (these iterations, anyway) are the far more interesting duo.

#WonderWoman #Batman #Nightwing #Troia #Robin #WonderGirl #Artemis #Huntress #Joker #Scarecrow #PoisonIvy #Deimos #Phobos #Eris #Chimera #applesofdiscord

Color by @crisp.pratt

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That was great!

Variant cover for Dark Knights of Steel #3
    dnd.jpg

Complete with Dungeons & Dragons style stats...whatever the hell they mean...
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 12-31-2021 at 04:23 PM.

It's 2022. I think Diana Prince should be her own boss, by now, ..and Col. Steve should be working for her. Seriously, ..I want to see Wonder Woman out of American Northeastern cities and anything resembling Gotham or Metropolis, and finally realizing her own purpose and destiny...clarity.

Furthermore, I would like to see it pulled together, in a movie or TV series, animated or liv-ac.

And that followed by a great story, with a super-villain, new or established, who is shown to be her natural enemy! It's 2022, and Wonder Woman doesn't have a natural, arch-@$$ enemy. How is that?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

And that followed by a great story, with a super-villain, new or established, who is shown to be her natural enemy! It's 2022, and Wonder Woman doesn't have a natural, arch-@$$ enemy. How is that?
    In my view, it's because most writers don't know how to define her. What matters the most is her enthusiasm and desire to challenge herself and others. An archenemy would be one that could force her to be alone, to stop believing in others.

And as we've discussed, Devastation has been the best pitch for this. The Demon Child that brings out the sadism in everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    In my view, it's because most writers don't know how to define her. What matters the most is her enthusiasm and desire to challenge herself and others. An archenemy would be one that could force her to be alone, to stop believing in others.

And as we've discussed, Devastation has been the best pitch for this. The Demon Child that brings out the sadism in everyone.
    I agree that a hope-crushing supervillain is the way to go, but feel the hope-crushing should be the result of the villain's actions. For Doctor Cyber: reducing all sentient life into lobotomized drones for Cyber's slaves and soldiers...the building blocks for a dreamt of galactic empire!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-09-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

This is probably where we each have or own preferences.

I look at an archenemy as the person that comes the closest to making our heroes give up the fight. If the villain is just forcing everyone to act against their will, than Diana has a chance of freeing them. But if humanity actually likes the horrible things they are doing, than Diana would feel disgusted and truly lose her ability to love this ugly world. And that's when the villain wins.

I've been reading a lot of Junji Ito lately, and there's this character called Tomie, who seems to be an almost perfect arche-elnemy to Diana. She's a schoolgirl that has become inhuman. She can survive any death. Men keep getting obsessed with her, so much that they end up brutally murdering Tomie after a while, and then most of them end up dead themselves.

Technically she is a monster, and she wants people to do these things, but all she does is bring out their inner sadism.

And to me this goes in tandem with the idea of truth. Diana is all about facing tjings head on, but what if people are hiding deeply horrible desires?
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-09-2022 at 10:45 AM.

This is probably where we each have or own preferences.

I look at an archenemy as the person that comes the closest to making our heroes give up the fight. If the villain is just forcing everyone to act against their will, than Diana has a chance of freeing them. But if humanity actually likes the horrible things they are doing, than Diana would feel disgusted and truly lose her ability to love this ugly world. And that's when the villain wins...

And to me this goes in tandem with the idea of truth. Diana is all about facing tjings head on, but what if people are hiding deeply horrible desires?
    We do have an impassable expanse, here. I don't see Diana, as a champion of truth, but, as a warrior, who weaponizes the powers of truth and of compassion, to preserve freedom and a world, where love can flourish.

Oh yeah truth isn't what drives Diana.

Empowerment is what she represents and fights for.

Oh yeah truth isn't what drives Diana.

Empowerment is what she represents and fights for.
    I didn't mean to sound dismissive of your ideas, as expressed, Alpha. There are fellow fans, for whom Diana's power of truth is everything, and I respect their POV.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-09-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That was great!
    Yeah it was, I really enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I didn't mean to sound dismissive of your ideas, as expressed, Alpha. There are fellow fans, for whom Diana's power of truth is everything, and I respect their POV.
    I didn't think you were dismissive.

I think I've heard people say that Truth was what mattered most to Diana, but I don't really see where this is coming from aside from the name of her lasso. I don't really think this is consistent with any of her characterizations.

I would like to understand what this means to them.