Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Why does this show keep squandering Donna?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They have to keep synergy with DC Comics and Wonder Woman characters in general.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Where they at least good fight scenes?
    Cmon, she got to rescue Bruce Wayne!

The casual fashion-y look reminds me a bit of her ponytail'd den mother look from her TEAM TITANS stint.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Well, at least she was still acting normal.
    She had a cool fight scene in "heaven" and at least they corrected that stupid "weakness" that she had when she died.

I wish she was in costume at least one time.

But in all honesty, this caracters and actors deserve more. This show is a success, belive it or not, so i don't understand how they continue to keep screwing things up.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

The show squandered everybody with their 'storytelling', 'character development' and 'plots'.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The show squandered everybody with their 'storytelling', 'character development' and 'plots'.
    Agree - overall, I feel like it went too Bat-centric. Seems like DC just pushes the Bat instead of thinking that Titans can stand on their own merit. Donna Troy, in particular, was wasted for most of this season and only appears in the last few episodes of the season although Conner was a series regular. Her "death" was a wasted opportunity to tell the Troia storyline and maybe explain her immortality as connected to the Titans of Myth or even as an Amazon. It fell into the same pitfalls as Donna does in the comics where she feels so disconnected from her mentor. While I'm grateful to see one of my favorite characters showcased in live action, I wish she would have gotten the same attention as some of the other characters.

On a positive note: the CGI with Donna wielding the lasso looked really cool! I wonder - is she wielding the lasso of persuasion? Does anyone remember if this or, the power of the lasso was mentioned?

Incredible Member

I know there are some people out there who like the ridiculous Titans show.
    But they are a distinct minority. It may be successful commercially, but it
    is a complete disaster as a show. Their treatment of Donna is par for the course in how
    they have treated just about every character on the show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Agree - overall, I feel like it went too Bat-centric. Seems like DC just pushes the Bat instead of thinking that Titans can stand on their own merit. Donna Troy, in particular, was wasted for most of this season and only appears in the last few episodes of the season although Conner was a series regular. Her "death" was a wasted opportunity to tell the Troia storyline and maybe explain her immortality as connected to the Titans of Myth or even as an Amazon. It fell into the same pitfalls as Donna does in the comics where she feels so disconnected from her mentor. While I'm grateful to see one of my favorite characters showcased in live action, I wish she would have gotten the same attention as some of the other characters.

On a positive note: the CGI with Donna wielding the lasso looked really cool! I wonder - is she wielding the lasso of persuasion? Does anyone remember if this or, the power of the lasso was mentioned?
    Honestly, being Batman centric was the least of the show's problems. It could've exclusively focused on the Titans, but it would still be awful with that writing staff. I'm morbidly curious about what the series will do next, the last two seasons were basically Judas Contract featuring Rose/ Deathstroke and Jason/ Scarecrow(who was more Slade than the one we got, based on how well he manipulated Jason).

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I know there are some people out there who like the ridiculous Titans show.
    But they are a distinct minority. It may be successful commercially, but it
    is a complete disaster as a show. Their treatment of Donna is par for the course in how
    they have treated just about every character on the show.
    If it was a minority, it would not be going into the fourth season. It's one of the most watched streaming shows and it's not even good, it could be even more successful if the showrunners knew what they are doing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

You raise a valid point. There is no accounting for taste. Certainly
    around here there are few people willing to defend the show. But
    we are a niche audience, who spend our time obsessing about how
    these characters are treated. Casual fans probably don't care that much.

It is like these big budget monstrosities associated with the Superman films.
    They drew in lots of cash, you can say that as well about Justice League.
    But they are still bad films.

This show reminds of Riverdale both in terms in how it adapts the source material and how it keeps getting more seasons despite everyone agreeing it's terrible

I really wanna see Donna done justice in a show that's actually good.

I honestly hope this show doesn't kill the chances of their being a good NTT adaptation at some point. Be it live action or animated.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Titans S3 is finished (thank god because.....bad)...

Donna didnt suit up at all this season.

Had like 1-2 fight scenes

Spent a lot of time in high fashion black clothes

Leaves Titans again and is recruited to work with Argus.
    Would be funny if she mentions Green Lantern next season then. In the Arrowverse, Argus is run by John Diggle and his wife Lyla Michaels. Diggle is John Stewart's counterpart. I know it's a different continuity, but mentioning GL would be a fun meta reference.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Baby Got Back.