Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Joelle Jones

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Joelle Jones

They definitely need to incorporate the starfield back into parts of her costume.

Well the other day I commented if Donna will appear on Wonder Girl... and she (that almost never uses Twitter) gave me a fav
    https://twitter.com/LaGuondi/status/...922919430?s=20

I WANT TO DREAM

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    If it was a minority, it would not be going into the fourth season. It's one of the most watched streaming shows and it's not even good, it could be even more successful if the showrunners knew what they are doing.
    HBO Max does not release its ratings and it is not included in the Nielsen weekly breakdowns, so we have no idea how many people are actually watching the show. Any articles that I've seen placing Titans high on its lists have used vague and unexplained metrics like "demand compared to the average show" or comparing it to currently airing superhero shows, which is an incredibly limited pool. None of those articles give actual viewership numbers. We have no idea how many people are watching the show, but I am extremely doubtful that it is "one of the most watched streaming shows" given how bad it is (and I defended it early on) and how few subscribers HBO Max has.

Season 3 has a 100% rotten tomatoes rating and 79% audience score. That seems to suggest you are correct that an overwhelming majority of people like the show. If you dig a little deeper though, all but one of the critic reviews are from August when the show premiered, so the reviews are based only on the first few episodes which were very good imo. Most of the positive audience scores are from August as well. Once you get into September and October, most of the reviews are 1 star.

HBO Max is also desperate for content, so I'm not surprised they renewed it. If their wiki page is to be believed, they've only canceled one show so far. The bar doesn't look to be that high over there . . . I'm sure there's enough of an audience, but I don't buy that the show is "a hit."

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    HBO Max does not release its ratings and it is not included in the Nielsen weekly breakdowns, so we have no idea how many people are actually watching the show. Any articles that I've seen placing Titans high on its lists have used vague and unexplained metrics like "demand compared to the average show" or comparing it to currently airing superhero shows, which is an incredibly limited pool. None of those articles give actual viewership numbers. We have no idea how many people are watching the show, but I am extremely doubtful that it is "one of the most watched streaming shows" given how bad it is (and I defended it early on) and how few subscribers HBO Max has.

Season 3 has a 100% rotten tomatoes rating and 79% audience score. That seems to suggest you are correct that an overwhelming majority of people like the show. If you dig a little deeper though, all but one of the critic reviews are from August when the show premiered, so the reviews are based only on the first few episodes which were very good imo. Most of the positive audience scores are from August as well. Once you get into September and October, most of the reviews are 1 star.

HBO Max is also desperate for content, so I'm not surprised they renewed it. If their wiki page is to be believed, they've only canceled one show so far. The bar doesn't look to be that high over there . . . I'm sure there's enough of an audience, but I don't buy that the show is "a hit."
    I don't know about season 3, but it was one of the most watched shows on Netflix. People act like the internet mind share the same views and opinions as the people who dont care about this kinda stuff and just want to watch some stuff in their free time.

I mean, Supernatural ran for 15 seasons and it was trash for the most part. Flash has been in the downhill ever since season 2 and is still going.
    Titans is that bad and it was renewed for season 4, so they should at least have a good audience. Not to mention the rumors about spin-offs.

I'm not saying it is a Squid Game or even a Stranger Things (it will never be neither of those), but they had something in their hands. I just wish the quality of this was the same as Doom Patrol.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Joelle Jones

ooooh. ok. I'm totally down with this.
    I really wish, instead of another Wonder Girl....that we never really wanted....DC would have turned her lose on Donna.

Joelle Jones

Now give me a Donna Troy solo!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't know about season 3, but it was one of the most watched shows on Netflix. People act like the internet mind share the same views and opinions as the people who dont care about this kinda stuff and just want to watch some stuff in their free time.

I mean, Supernatural ran for 15 seasons and it was trash for the most part. Flash has been in the downhill ever since season 2 and is still going.
    Titans is that bad and it was renewed for season 4, so they should at least have a good audience. Not to mention the rumors about spin-offs.

I'm not saying it is a Squid Game or even a Stranger Things (it will never be neither of those), but they had something in their hands. I just wish the quality of this was the same as Doom Patrol.
    Titans isn't available on Netflix in the US, so I can't comment anecdotally on that. My point was that we don't know the actual viewership numbers, at least in the US, so you can't say it is one of the most watched streaming series. And when shows like Stranger Things, Squid Game, The Crown, the Disney+ Marvel shows, The Mandalorian, You, Lucifer, Ozark, etc. exist on top of syndicated shows like The Office and Friends, it makes the claim even harder to believe.

The CW is it's own special graveyard. You can look up the ratings and see that those shows were top 3 or 4 on the network consistently, but if you look at the number of people actually tuning in, it is not that many compared to other networks. Titans is likely in a similar situation as those shows. It gets enough eyes on its mediocre platform/network to warrant continued seasons, but is by no means a huge hit.

And yes, Doom Patrol is vastly superior and criminally underappreciated.

Joelle Jones

"Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee.....no wait...that isn't right....I mean Donna Troy!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I think Donna's best years were with Marv Wolfman, on NTT.

I would like to see her returned to the simpler things, which came before "Who Is Donna Troy?" That would be a simple superhero costume, that makes her look like a Wonder, ..powers similar to Wonder Woman's, ..love for Wonder Woman, ..regular association, with the Wonderverse (the Queen, the island, the Greek gods, etc) ..and an iconic superhero codename, which easily associates her with Wonder Woman!

Again, we're not asking for anything, any other superhero fan hasn't enjoyed, for decades. https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...-files-of.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-28-2021 at 02:29 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Donna Troy in Batman: Brave and the Bold #16:

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Happy halloween weekend!

WondergirlWitch.jpg

Donna just can't escape the witches.

Donna won the Multiversitycomics reader poll for favorite non-Diana Amazon.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/re...roy-amazonian/

That's good.

But Yara is the one with a well selling book right now. That's what DC is going to be looking at.

And how many people took part in this poll?