Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They need to bring her and Cassies lassos into the WW/Amazon mythos. They should be gifts to either different queens or locked up, something.
    Yes.

I believe Cassie's Lasso was Red or Red when in use. I like those small color variations which could be explored as from their individually unique properties of each Lasso.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Donna just being fabulous in the background of Nightwing Annual.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I just realized that Donna never had a solo WG series or one shot (aside from one by Phil Jiminez focusing on her as Troia) while Cassie got two and Yara is the star of the current one. She didn't just get the short of the stick, she wasn't offered one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

DC:

LOL, love it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Donna makes 2 appearances this week: Titans Academy #8 and Wonder Girl #5.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Donna makes 2 appearances this week: Titans Academy #8 and Wonder Girl #5.
    3 with the Nightwing annual

That one frame, makes me want a OG titans FabFive mini
    Its just really hard to put that group back together with lack of diversity. Even Titans rebirth felt off

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    3 with the Nightwing annual

That one frame, makes me want a OG titans FabFive mini
    Its just really hard to put that group back together with lack of diversity. Even Titans rebirth felt off
    I agree, the Fab 5 suffered from lack of diversity but, the OG TT team expanded to include Mal and Bumblebee. I believe Bumblebee was cited by a DC fan website as DC's first female black hero. Mal was introduced in 1970 and while not technically a hero at the time, became the Guardian. Mal would have been one of the first black male DC heroes. Anyway, I liked when Rebirth Titans roster expanded to include Bumblebee. Wish she would have been introduced to the team earlier. It could've been an interesting lineup, had they continued.

The second Rebirth Titans that Nightwing put together had Steel but, could have introduced more diversity. It's too bad that lineup didn't last with Donna as the Leader. Seems like she always gets a short tenure as Titans Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think that pic above was the first time I saw the Lasso silver since its introduction. It is usually shown as blue, even on Donna's hip. I like the Silver going to Blue (when in use) and it is a nice contrast to Diana's Lasso of Truth which has always been Golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They need to bring her and Cassies lassos into the WW/Amazon mythos. They should be gifts to either different queens or locked up, something.
    I've been meaning to make some sort of lasso appreciation thread since now we have Lasso of Truth/Golden Perfect (Diana), Lasso of Persuasion (Donna), Lasso of Submission/Golden Promise (Artemis, originally Evil Superwoman), Lasso of Lightning (Cassie from Ares in the old continuity)/Whatever the barbed wire lasso was from the more recent old continuity etc...

This pic captures the contrast in colors of the activated lassos of Donna and Diana...Its a subtle blue silver glow, not bright blue.

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-02-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Does anyone know what the origins are of Donna's Lasso of Persuasion? The first "official" appearance is noted as 2006 JLA #44 when Donna forced Etrigan to change back to human form under the influence of the lasso. I don't remember where the lasso actually came from, though. Was it a gift from the gods off-panel or, was it acquired through her travels through the multiverse with Jason Todd and Kyle Rayner?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I've been meaning to make some sort of lasso appreciation thread since now we have Lasso of Truth/Golden Perfect (Diana), Lasso of Persuasion (Donna), Lasso of Submission/Golden Promise (Artemis, originally Evil Superwoman), Lasso of Lightning (Cassie from Ares in the old continuity)/Whatever the barbed wire lasso was from the more recent old continuity etc...

This pic captures the contrast in colors of the activated lassos of Donna and Diana...Its a subtle blue silver glow, not bright blue.

I would LOVE a Lasso of Appreciation thread!

We could discuss all of the similarities and differences of each one.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Does anyone know what the origins are of Donna's Lasso of Persuasion? The first "official" appearance is noted as 2006 JLA #44 when Donna forced Etrigan to change back to human form under the influence of the lasso. I don't remember where the lasso actually came from, though. Was it a gift from the gods off-panel or, was it acquired through her travels through the multiverse with Jason Todd and Kyle Rayner?
    No, I never knew when/where/how Donna got her Lasso of Persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, I never knew when/where/how Donna got her Lasso of Persuasion.
    I feel like there's a story there. The blue hue reminds me of the Titans of Myth Coeus and Phoebe or, the blue-hued Zues from Historia. Might be interesting to uncover it's origins.

I feel like there's a story there. The blue hue reminds me of the Titans of Myth Coeus and Phoebe or, the blue-hued Zues from Historia. Might be interesting to uncover it's origins.
    I agree! And even the non-use silver is not just to match her costume, but something more....

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    the barbed one was part of the Silent Armor I think?
    Also you left out that after Cassie divested herself of the powers Ares gave her, she lost that lasso, and suddenly found herself with a new one... it could channel lightning... but this was seemingly Cassie's power as a demigoddess.
    that staredown was fun. I was really hoping for an epic fight just seeing the cover.

Extraordinary Member

I agree, the Fab 5 suffered from lack of diversity but, the OG TT team expanded to include Mal and Bumblebee. I believe Bumblebee was cited by a DC fan website as DC's first female black hero. Mal was introduced in 1970 and while not technically a hero at the time, became the Guardian. Mal would have been one of the first black male DC heroes. Anyway, I liked when Rebirth Titans roster expanded to include Bumblebee. Wish she would have been introduced to the team earlier. It could've been an interesting lineup, had they continued.

The second Rebirth Titans that Nightwing put together had Steel but, could have introduced more diversity. It's too bad that lineup didn't last with Donna as the Leader. Seems like she always gets a short tenure as Titans Leader.
    DC needs to proove that thease are not just chracters uses to quick diversity points
    Bumblebee
    Vixen
    Steel and other making quick little appearances is not gonna cut it