Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I wish she was in the cartoon, would do wonders for her popularity, no pun intended.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I wish she was in the cartoon, would do wonders for her popularity, no pun intended.
    Yeah that was what I thought too. Her popularity would be immense right now.

So far only YJ. And she doesn't appear too much. If they only have given Diana her own cartoon by now

The fact that Conor Leslie is such pitch perfect casting but the Titans show is so awful make me want to scream.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The fact that Conor Leslie is such pitch perfect casting but the Titans show is so awful make me want to scream.
    I don't mind the show. It's certainly bad in parts and how they handled Donna at the end is tough. Having said that she is the perfect cast and certainly her nerd cred went right up with that video of her doing Gollum LOL

I enjoyed some parts of season 2 (The flashbacks were awesome imo), but they got a lot of things wrong and the season finale left a bad taste in my mouth, especially Donna's death.

I still hope season 3 can be better tho.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

i just had an thought how Donna could still be Diana's sister and Queen Hippolyta's Daughter.ok apparently Black Adam and Hippolyta knew each other in the past during the endless winter storyline.what if they 1 night had a special night and 9 months later Donna was born and taken by Circe or Dark Angel til rescued by her Sisters Diana and Nubia.this would take place after Diana and Nubia were made from clay or children of Zues however they were created.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I don't mind the show. It's certainly bad in parts and how they handled Donna at the end is tough. Having said that she is the perfect cast and certainly her nerd cred went right up with that video of her doing Gollum LOL
    Her being a photographer like her character helps as well.

The show itself is either so-bad-it's-good or just plain bad.
    Last edited by John Venus; 03-06-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Fantastic Member

Her photographer like her character helps as well.

The show itself is either so-bad-it's-good or just plain bad.
    I'll go with it's bad to the point that it's good. A lot of it is trying to be fan service I think but also trying to be serious. It's a tough line but considering getting Donna any sort of exposure is hard enough I am not complaining. I'm still annoyed that the first ongoing Wonder Girl series is not Donna or Cassie but a new character. Talking about lack of exposure. I like the new character and their are some seriously interesting stories that could be done with her just annoyed it's not an ongoing featuring Donna or Cassie.

Yeah, I really wish it wasn't one or the other and there was a sense of continuation from Donna to Cassie to Yara instead of just throwing stuff at the board and see what sticks approach they are taking.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I really wish it wasn't one or the other and there was a sense of continuation from Donna to Cassie to Yara instead of just throwing stuff at the board and see what sticks approach they are taking.
    I don't think it's as much as them throwing it at the board. As much as it's hey we have this popular new character that meets all the criteria for a modern day new heroine so lets see if we can build a bigger audience for her. Which is perfectly fine but still really disrespectful to the fans who have grown up and even gone back to truly appreciate Donna as Wonder Girl and her journey to being Troia. I still maintain and hope they realize that a Wonder Family book would do well.

Fantastic Member

Looks like the Titans episode names are up for the forthcoming season. Based on what I have seen I am thinking the fifth episode entitled Lazarus is where Donna is hopefully brought back. Though it really is heavy into the Batman Lore at the start of the year so it could be anything. Not sure I could stomach the show for five episodes without her, though I did most of the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Looks like the Titans episode names are up for the forthcoming season. Based on what I have seen I am thinking the fifth episode entitled Lazarus is where Donna is hopefully brought back. Though it really is heavy into the Batman Lore at the start of the year so it could be anything. Not sure I could stomach the show for five episodes without her, though I did most of the first season.
    I would guess "Lazarus" as a reference to Bat-Villain Ras Al Ghul and his Lazarus Pit...thought resurrecting Donna via Lazarus Pit WOULD be an interesting way to go!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I would guess "Lazarus" as a reference to Bat-Villain Ras Al Ghul and his Lazarus Pit...thought resurrecting Donna via Lazarus Pit WOULD be an interesting way to go!
    That's why I referenced that everything is heavy into the Batman lore at teh beginning. I remember hearing somewhere that was the intended plan but I can't quite remember where I read or heard it. I kind of hope not to be honest. Stick to New Cronos, You already have Starfire going off planet. They could make it work. Having her back and under the control of the Titans. Acting like a villain would be a great way to do the last half of the season.