Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like this pic!

Is Artemis stronger than Donna? Did she steal Donna's lasso?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Donna Troy's full name:

Source: Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day #3

I wonder if this is some well kept secret that she didn't want anyone to know. :P

I have no idea what the context is and I'm not sure I even want to know:

1.JPG
    2.jpg
    3.JPG

Jesse in background: Sure, you two just hug it out. It's not like I was just lying flat on the concrete a while ago. I'm perfectly fine, thank your for not asking.

If DC ever go their act together and simplified Donna's origin, would you like her to continue to have a connection to the Titans of Myth where they were the source of her powers? Or would you rather her powers come from Amazonian science/magic or by the Olympian gods?

I would still have Rhea save her as a baby, have the Titans grant her powers because of DESTINY, and then send her to Hippolyta as young girl of five to be raised as an Amazon -- all while Diana is a pre-teen. That would give D&D time to connect as sisters before Diana leaves.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If DC ever go their act together and simplified Donna's origin, would you like her to continue to have a connection to the Titans of Myth where they were the source of her powers? Or would you rather her powers come from Amazonian science/magic or by the Olympian gods?

I would still have Rhea save her as a baby, have the Titans grant her powers because of DESTINY, and then send her to Hippolyta as young girl of five to be raised as an Amazon -- all while Diana is a pre-teen. That would give D&D time to connect as sisters before Diana leaves.
    I'd have her be "both". A child/weapon of the Titans of Myth who entrust Hippolyta with guarding her by basically making it seem like Donna was always there and Dianas sister. Basically what Buffy did with the key being Dawn.

The origin that I would use: Diana finds Donna as a baby/small child in the burning ruins of her parents's home. After having a "how did she survive?" moment Diana takes the now orphaned Donna to Paradise island. Donna grows up to be very powerful even by Amazon standards... then one day Rhea is like "hello daughter" and yeah.... Titans of Myth stuff happens. The idea being that Donna survived having the house burn down around her as a small child because she already had Titan super powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Jesse in background: Sure, you two just hug it out. It's not like I was just lying flat on the concrete a while ago. I'm perfectly fine, thank your for not asking.
    Jesse has a generally confused/WTF is going on? look.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Donna Troy's full name:

Source: Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day #3

I wonder if this is some well kept secret that she didn't want anyone to know. :P
    Doesn't that full name come from when she and Dick researched her backstory in New Teen Titans? It wasn't new information in Graduation Day.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The origin that I would use: Diana finds Donna as a baby/small child in the burning ruins of her parents's home. After having a "how did she survive?" moment Diana takes the now orphaned Donna to Paradise island. Donna grows up to be very powerful even by Amazon standards... then one day Rhea is like "hello daughter" and yeah.... Titans of Myth stuff happens. The idea being that Donna survived having the house burn down around her as a small child because she already had Titan super powers.
    Jesse has a generally confused/WTF is going on? look.

I kind of appreciate that, but I never liked Diana finding Donna as a baby. Even if time works differently on Paradise island, WW would still spend most of her time in Man's world before Donna ventures out on her own, so their time together would have been limited otherwise. I would rather they had some time to develop a deep sisterly bond before Diana fulfilled her role as Wonder Woman. That's why Rhea's role would have worked so well.
    I just wished the WW office or the editors controlling Donna would have allowed the two to team-up during the 70s & 80s just to show that Donna wasn't in this world alone before bonding with the boys. I never read the early Titans stuff but I can only imagine her chilling by herself while the boys were at their homes in Gotham, Blue Valley, Atlantis and where ever Roy lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't that full name come from when she and Dick researched her backstory in New Teen Titans? It wasn't new information in Graduation Day.
    The source of that panel is from Graduation Day. I wasn't implying that that's where the name was revealed.

I was more wondering if Donna and Dick decided to keep her middle name to themselves and not let too many people know.

I kind of appreciate that, but I never liked Diana finding Donna as a baby. Even if time works differently on Paradise island, WW would still spend most of her time in Man's world before Donna ventures out on her own, so their time together would have been limited otherwise. I would rather they had some time to develop a deep sisterly bond before Diana fulfilled her role as Wonder Woman. That's why Rhea's role would have worked so well.
    I just wished the WW office or the editors controlling Donna would have allowed the two to team-up during the 70s & 80s just to show that Donna wasn't in this world alone before bonding with the boys. I never read the early Titans stuff but I can only imagine her chilling by herself while the boys were at their homes in Gotham, Blue Valley, Atlantis and where ever Roy lived.
    It also works if Donna is older when she gets found. "a few years" (however long that is) is really all she "needs" on Paradise island.

https://subscriptions.dccomics.com/ipd/1424

Titans United
    Rating: T+

The Titans face their greatest challenge - their own powers! Nightwing, Donna Troy, Superboy, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Red Hood kick off a thrilling new case that will lead one of their own to question no only their place on the team, but their very existence.

RECENT TALENT:
    Writer: Cavan Scott
    Artist: Jose Luis
    Release Date: 9/14/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Is this a new ongoing?