Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

How hasten her lasso worked on?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Lasso_of_Persuasion

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    How hasten her lasso worked on?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Lasso_of_Persuasion
    Donna refers to herself as "undefeated" within the confines of the Blue lasso so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Donna refers to herself as "undefeated" within the confines of the Blue lasso so far...
    Where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It says on the wiki that that lasso is her second one. What was her first?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Remember the previous origins in other timeline or actually happened within the most recent part of the current timeline? (the current timeline being divided into Reboot Events that change her history, the most recent ones being clay)
    She remembers them all - and the New 52 origin was completely retconned out for most of the Wonder family. Diana's turned out to be false memories - any time she'd been home in the New 52 was an illusion - thus, Donna's is false memories as well. Only Cassie's New 52 origin remains intact.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-05-2021 at 03:32 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where's this from?
    Wonder Woman 756

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It says on the wiki that that lasso is her second one. What was her first?
    It seemed to be a conventional amazon lasso, though golden, without magical properties besides being super-strong.

But it was referred to "magic" and it had a glow-y quality, so perhaps someone else recalls it having abilities I do not.

Donna had some moments in Death Metal #7 and Diana thinks of her when remember of the people important to her in the final battle.

Astonishing Member

When the Teen Titans first defeated Trigon, her lasso had power enough to diminish Trigon's will. In the mid 70s run, she used the lasso to command people as Bronze Age Wonder Woman also did. At some point in the Wolfman/Perez run, they stated that Donna was using Diana's lasso when the Titans fought Trigon, but that explanation never made any sense. Apparently the lasso she normally used had no magic properties. That may have been changed post-Crisis-- since her lasso would have been a gift of the Olympian Titans.

Considering Donna's entire existence is a retcon caused by the first Teen Titans writer's mistake, and Wonder Girl was originally just a younger Diana (not a Robin style sidekick!), shouldn't their lassos be identical?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Donna had some moments in Death Metal #7 and Diana thinks of her when remember of the people important to her in the final battle.
    It's nice to see Diana thinking of her .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Now that's an outfit for Donna .

Incredible Member

Here's hoping Donna's future in the upcoming year and the new Infinite frontier universe is looking bright (once we get past future state with her being dead there. Hopefully, they'll presumably avert her death in the present). Also hope the her being in the Wonder Family cover means she'll be appearing in the Wonder Woman book itself.

This past year had some good things with her, despite the Deathbringer thing at the beginning, first with Orlando fixing her origin in Wonder Woman and restoring her to being Diana's younger adopted sister. And I liked the mention of Hippolyta telling Donna bedtime stories as child in endless winter backing this up. I hope they keep this even if they are backing out of moving Diana's debut back to the Golden Age as some are thinking from her not being wit the JSA at the end of Death Metal.

On the other hand, that issue of Agent of Peace using the finch Origin has me worried, even though it's not suppose to be in continuity, as does Diana not being with the JSA, since Orlando's run seem predicated on Diana's origin being changed. At the very least trying to retcon Rucka's run so Donna was there on Themyscira but offscreen seemed like a trying to shove a square peg into a round hole situation. It was satisfying seeing DC seem to get their head right and finally restored Donna to being Diana's younger sister and I really hope they haven't went back on it and messed her up again.

I know that a lot of people here didn't want see Diana get her origin moved back to the golden age, and I understand their reasons why, Donna getting her origin fixed was a good enough selling point for me and I don't feel Year One is good enough to justify keeping Donna messed up. Regardless of anything else, Donna should keep her origin as Diana's adopted sister and Diana's origin and backstory should be able to accommodate it.

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-11-2021 at 04:53 PM.