Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Two Robins in fairness. Donna can use something more akin to a quarterstaff. Still I was approaching this angle from Donna being in the Wonder Woman pages rather than a Titan.
    Hmm needs a silver color scheme though.

Staff also for me. Maybe make it like the lasso where it can extend or contract itself.

Shield and lasso. She should be emulating Diana as much as possible.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Shield and lasso. She should be emulating Diana as much as possible.
    I disagree. She should be separating herself from her but also honoring her sister. Donna doesn't need a weapon. Just like Diana her true weapon is her natural gifts. Intelligence, humility, empathy and strength. The black Troia suit when she returned from the dead was the best. She should go back to that without any weapons.

Donna has the opposite problem of Dick Grayson, she is too distant from her mentor so she needs to be more closely tied to Diana.

Donna has the opposite problem of Dick Grayson, she is too distant from her mentor so she needs to be more closely tied to Diana.
    You fix that by having stories in which the two interact and have their relationship developed not by having Donna copy her sister (which she's already doing by using a sword and shield anyway). Dick didn't get popular by imitating Bruce wholesale.

She started off as 'Wonder Girl' she is supposed to have commonalities with Wonder Woman. The main issue is that she feels more like a 'Titan' character than a WW character. I'm saying her ties to her WW side, especially Diana needs to be acknowledged more and that can be done not just through having those characters interact more but also by visually showing how Donna was influenced by Diana which is through her choice in weapons and fighting style.

She started off as 'Wonder Girl' she is supposed to have commonalities with Wonder Woman. The main issue is that she feels more like a 'Titan' character than a WW character. I'm saying her ties to her WW side, especially Diana needs to be acknowledged more and that can be done not just through having those characters interact more but also by visually showing how Donna was influenced by Diana which is through her choice in weapons and fighting style.
    I agree with you as far as her ties to Wonder Woman needing to be expanded upon but copying her fighting style and weapons is a shallow, misguided way to accomplish that. She already resembles Diana in terms of looks, powers and to a lesser extent personality. Copying her weapons and fighting style will only lend credence to the idea that she is redundant, especially when the breakout Amazon characters don't copy Diana wholesale. Even when Dick Grayson was Robin, he was never a carbon copy of Batman, and Donna's contemporaries have been differentiating themselves from their mentors.

Donna has always mimicked Diana's choice in weapons and fighting style. Lasso, bracelets, sword and shield; all reflections of Diana. It's only shallow if it's badly executed. Done right, it can help define and reinforce their relationship and can also give Donna a base line to grow from. She has the starfield suit which separates her from Diana.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Got bored and did a Wonder Woman design for Donna. I tried to incorporate all of Donna's major elements into one general 'Wonder Woman' theme.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

She should return to her Titans of Myth powered days. She was very different from Diana and it was good for her.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

You mean late 80s, right? They can return to those powers if they want, but please, don't bring back the costume from that era!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean late 80s, right? They can return to those powers if they want, but please, don't bring back the costume from that era!
    Qft. That said, I wouldn't remove the connection as Diana's sister if my life depended on it. That makes things way too messy - they should just consolidate the classic origins somehow.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Donna works best when she is human. Someone who tries to live up to Diana's example but has to deal with the very human limitations, shortcomings and fears which she has to consistently overcome. The most crucial elements to her character is that she was rescued by Diana, adopted by the Amazons and grew up emulating Diana.

For my take, lets assume that Gods & Mortals is still Diana's origin and it was set 10-15 years before the 'present' like it is supposed to be. An infant Donna Troy was on a ship when it sunk in the middle of the ocean. She floated on a piece of wreckage to the waters of Themyscira. She was on the verge of death when she was rescued by a teenage Diana. An emergency magical ritual meant to save her life also gave her a duplicate of the same powers as Diana. The two grew up as sisters on Themyscira and sometime after Diana left to fight Ares on Man's World, Donna followed her there for a multitude of reasons. One, Hippolyta felt she needed to interact with people her own age, Donna wanted to be around Diana more and she also wanted to search for her parents.

Personally, I like the idea that Donna was rescued by a goddess and given to Hippolyta and Phillipus to raise as well as gifted with the abilities of a demi-god so that she can remain on the same level of her older sister. Bonus points if the goddess is one of the Titans of Myth - classically I believe when a Titaness rescues her it's Theia but it should be Phoebe - so that you can have a version of the Titan Seed stuff without the Seeds being raised by the Titans.