Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Personally, I like the idea that Donna was rescued by a goddess and given to Hippolyta and Phillipus to raise as well as gifted with the abilities of a demi-god so that she can remain on the same level of her older sister. Bonus points if the goddess is one of the Titans of Myth - classically I believe when a Titaness rescues her it's Theia but it should be Phoebe - so that you can have a version of the Titan Seed stuff without the Seeds being raised by the Titans.
    /Yeah that sounds good.

Personally, I like the idea that Donna was rescued by a goddess and given to Hippolyta and Phillipus to raise as well as gifted with the abilities of a demi-god so that she can remain on the same level of her older sister. Bonus points if the goddess is one of the Titans of Myth - classically I believe when a Titaness rescues her it's Theia but it should be Phoebe - so that you can have a version of the Titan Seed stuff without the Seeds being raised by the Titans.
    I think if Hippolyta and Phillipus were to raise a child, it should be Nubia.

I would rather Donna's primary connection be with Diana. The Titans of Myth stuff can happen later on when she is ready to come into her own and step outside of Diana's shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I would rather Donna's primary connection be with Diana. The Titans of Myth stuff can happen later on when she is ready to come into her own and step outside of Diana's shadow.
    Exactly! That's why I'd write it so that Donna doesn't learn why she has powers until she's gotten old enough to stop being Wonder Girl.

Then maybe have her do something Diana really doesn't like and become friends with Deva....It's a weird idea yeah, but the idea is based on Donna's status as one of the few people Deva can legitimately call family. In a way Deva(daughter of Cronus) is basically Donna(sort of daughter of Phoebe)'s aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean late 80s, right? They can return to those powers if they want, but please, don't bring back the costume from that era!
    Just the starfield!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hippolyta and Phillipus should have co-parented Diana, Nubia, and Donna. Why limit it? It's more or less canon that they've been in love since forever at this point, and they should be a family.

There's no reason to say that Diana and Donna don't have that connection regardless. It makes more sense that a Titan or God gives Donna her power than the purple ray, especially since the current iteration of the Amazons (and most iterations of the Amazons since) are more mystical than science fantasy like they were in the past. Sure, they have a Purple Ray, but it seems to mostly be for healing and similar things like that. It's just beyond the scope of the suspension of disbelief. So have a God do it, and if it's a Titan she can find that out when she's a teenager - ready to become Troia or just Donna Troy - when she has to help save the lives of the remaining Titans of Myth, and maybe she also learns that she's the successor of Phoebe, like in the Return of Donna Troy.

That puts Donna on the same level as Diana. Diana was meant to ascend to Olympus when she died, so Donna is meant to become a goddess in her own right one day.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I hope she appears in Wonder Woman and editors can make a compromise

New image of her in Season 3:

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Hippolyta and Phillipus should have co-parented Diana, Nubia, and Donna. Why limit it? It's more or less canon that they've been in love since forever at this point, and they should be a family.

There's no reason to say that Diana and Donna don't have that connection regardless. It makes more sense that a Titan or God gives Donna her power than the purple ray, especially since the current iteration of the Amazons (and most iterations of the Amazons since) are more mystical than science fantasy like they were in the past. Sure, they have a Purple Ray, but it seems to mostly be for healing and similar things like that. It's just beyond the scope of the suspension of disbelief. So have a God do it, and if it's a Titan she can find that out when she's a teenager - ready to become Troia or just Donna Troy - when she has to help save the lives of the remaining Titans of Myth, and maybe she also learns that she's the successor of Phoebe, like in the Return of Donna Troy.

That puts Donna on the same level as Diana. Diana was meant to ascend to Olympus when she died, so Donna is meant to become a goddess in her own right one day.
    It's not about limiting them. It's about making each origin distinct while still having connecting elements.

As for Donna's powers, as mentioned in my previous post, my take was to have Donna get her powers from Diana in a ritual. Diana gives Donna a part of her life force to save her life. Diana is already this powerful mythical character and having too many characters being related to someone powerful or being the 'chosen one' in someway mitigates the core 'anyone can be a Wonder Woman' message of the WW books. It makes more sense to me to push Donna in the direction of being a regular human who is granted her powers by the culture that adopted her and maybe later on, she encounters the Titans of myth and they grant her the starfield costume as a gift. Origins are merely jumping off points and not everything has to be incorporated in the origin itself.

It's not about limiting them. It's about making each origin distinct while still having connecting elements.

As for Donna's powers, as mentioned in my previous post, my take was to have Donna get her powers from Diana in a ritual. Diana gives Donna a part of her life force to save her life. Diana is already this powerful mythical character and having too many characters being related to someone powerful or being the 'chosen one' in someway mitigates the core 'anyone can be a Wonder Woman' message of the WW books. It makes more sense to me to push Donna in the direction of being a regular human who is granted her powers by the culture that adopted her and maybe later on, she encounters the Titans of myth and they grant her the starfield costume as a gift. Origins are merely jumping off points and not everything has to be incorporated in the origin itself.
    If only all writers and fans remembered this.

What if Donna were the unarmed fighter of the Amazon characters?

Based on her Respect Thread, her strength should be her main forte.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...irldonna_troy/

Based on her Respect Thread, her strength should be her main forte.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...irldonna_troy/
    Well, it certainly makes sense for her to be extremely strong. But that's one of the most common superpowers, so i'm not sure how it can really be her main attribute.

A superpower doesn't have to be original to stand out. People like it even when you use generic stuff well. I'm thinking that in group settings her strength could be highlighted more with Starfire using her starbolts.

Donna Troy was trending on Twitter yesterday thanks to Gail Simone.

My 2 cents about the current topic: Standing apart, I feel Donna suffers from not being able to successfully step out of her mentor's shadow the way that Nightwing, Flash and Arsenal have. I think this is not hampered by her powers/abilities, I believe that this is due to her convoluted history and the fact that writers tend to focus on "fixing" her origins instead of just giving us a good Donna Troy story. For example, arguably, Nightwing has the same set of abilities that Batman does, so what is it that sets him apart from Batman that Donna is missing to separate her from Wonder Woman? I think characterization and growth is what's missing. Donna can't grow if all we ever focus on is her confusing backstory. While I agree, it needs some fixing but, how about moving past that and giving the fans a solid Donna Troy story?