Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

And another thing, should she join Wally and Roy and get her son back?
    I'm in favor of it. I really do hate babies getting killed off and erased (Lian is my most favorite, but I feel that way about most). And Terry could just be the off-panel ex. But it would have to wait for the next reboot (which, I admit, probably won't be long, given DC's recent history).

EDIT: Haven't been reading the comics. Just read what happened with how they brought back Lian. I dislike it. A lot.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-20-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    So then she won't be Donna, and we're forced to endure yet another origin for Donna.... I'll pass.
    Why wouldn't she be Donna ? the onl;y thing that would change would be the Origin of her being created to destroye the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It was nice to see her fly
    Yes it really is DC needs to make up their Mind with what they're doing w her character and powers cause some book's she fly and some she doesn't im prefer her to fly myself.i would really like her to have her Troia based powers w the force field/shields the memory projection abilities were really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Yes it really is DC needs to make up their Mind with what they're doing w her character and powers cause some book's she fly and some she doesn't im prefer her to fly myself.i would really like her to have her Troia based powers w the force field/shields the memory projection abilities were really cool.
    I agree - it was nice to see Donna fly and the art was beautiful in this issue. Interesting thing to note about Donna's power set: from her creation, it was shown that she could fly or, more accurately in the 1960's, glide using air currents, just like her sister, Wonder Woman. In the 1970 WW Mod era when Diana was depowered, Donna still retained her abilities, including flight. Over the years, her power set has fluctuated to either being close to Diana's or 1/10 of Diana's. In the Batman Who Laughs The Secret Six Assembled, when Donna was fighting Superman and Batman, Supes made a remark that Donna's powerset rivaled that of Diana's herself; however, Donna doesn't appear to fly using her own power and instead relying on Hawkman. By contrast, in the Deathbringer one-shot, she was shown flying off at the end of the issue. Keeping track after Rebirth is exhausting and I completely agree - DC needs to figure it out. For me personally, DC in general needs to stop de-powering female heroes and treating WW supporting cast and related characters like afterthoughts.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think that simply put if Nubia, Artemis, Diana, AND Hippolyta can fly then there's no question that Donna should be able to as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Why wouldn't she be Donna ? the onl;y thing that would change would be the Origin of her being created to destroye the Amazons.
    Because Donna isn't the daughter of Antiope and Ares... that's the major reason.

I was curious about how many times Donna Troy had appeared in the Wonder Woman book pre-crisis. According to the DC Database Donna only appeared in 6 issues of Wonder Woman vol 1 (of course this isn't accounting for the Robert Kanigher stories)

The funny thing is that from what I read, Robert Kanigher pretty much set the case for who Donna would end up being. Wondergirl was a teenager that envied Wonder Woman's prowness.

I'm probably one of the few people here that actually liked the John Byrne idea of Donna being burdened with the pain of women in our world, in contrast to Diana who grew up in Paradise and beloved by everyone. And I think his idea of Donna being pushed around by fate really feels like an inspired take on the "impossible stories" by Robert Kanigher. I don't know exactly what origin I want for Donna, but I feel like the orpahn resqued for Diana isn't the most interesting version.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-22-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I was curious about how many times Donna Troy had appeared in the Wonder Woman book pre-crisis. According to the DC Database Donna only appeared in 6 issues of Wonder Woman vol 1 (of course this isn't accounting for the Robert Kanigher stories)

The funny thing is that from what I read, Robert Kanigher pretty much set the case for who Donna would end up being. Wondergirl was a teenager that envied Wonder Woman's prowness.

I'm probably one of the few people here that actually liked the John Byrne idea of Donna being burdened with the pain of women in our world, in contrast to Diana who grew up in Paradise and beloved by everyone. And I think his idea of Donna being pushed around by fate really feels like an inspired take on the "impossible stories" by Robert Kanigher. I don't know exactly what origin I want for Donna, but I feel like the orpahn resqued for Diana isn't the most interesting version.
    The rescued orphan who becomes an amazon idea is boring!

what makes it interesting is adding plot twists that make her something more interesting than "Just another amazon".

Which is why I pair it with the Titan Seed idea.

If you're looking for an origin to make the character interesting, then you're doing it wrong. As John Venus said, an origin is simply a jumping off point. It is not the same thing as characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you're looking for an origin to make the character interesting, then you're doing it wrong. As John Venus said, an origin is simply a jumping off point. It is not the same thing as characterization.
    I agree with that. I don't think Donna's origin is actually crucial to her present story. I just wanted to discuss it for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's only true to an extant. It's like the old 6 Ws: Who, What, Where, When, Why, hoW? The origin story fills some of those blanks.. So it's NOT irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's only true to an extant. It's like the old 6 Ws: Who, What, Where, When, Why, hoW? The origin story fills some of those blanks.. So it's NOT irrelevant.
    I agree with this, that Donna needs some of her W's answered!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Donna Troy vs She Hulk by immarart (IG):

I've said it before and will say this again...

The details of her mess of an origin, aside, ..I think Donna Troy should be the Wonder-woman, that you can walk up to, in your hardware store, and ask for help, finding your kid, who disappeared over Afghanistan, ..or tell her that Sinister Corporation X is poisoning your water, and youre too afraid they'll fire you, to do something. I think we need her to be a wonder-woman for smaller stories, where Donna can put her arm around somebody ..and call them 'hon', like she used to, before the bloody Crisis made her an alien ..or just weird.

She's not Diana or a messianic goddess-princess or a walking anthem, and needs smaller, character-driven stories to shine in - a role in the Wonderverse, uniquely suited to who we know her to be. If there isn't some writer, who can establish that, all her glowy powers and floating around art galleries, with Titans, isn't ever going to mean very much.

Donna's the Wonder, sitting at the next table, at your Starbucks. That's who the character has been, since the Eighties. There just aren't any writers, who seem to appreciate that.

So, we're reading stories, preoccupied with upsizing her badassery and giving her a dark, hackneyed, apocalyptic future. Is it any wonder some of us barely recognize her, anymore?

There's some Donn'appreciation, for you.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-24-2021 at 10:18 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!