Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Michael Cho.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Inspired by Alexlyo post and the thread about your favorite Diana covers...post your favorite DONNA covers, shall we?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    All of these are spectacular Donnas!

But that cover to #3 really has me. Especially the title coinciding with what is happening. Donna's costume there and the armor almost look like her new one above.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

All the covers from The Return of Donna Troy are awesome!

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Marico Takara

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Marico Takara

Okay that's a really pretty one of her. Happy to see Donna in the red suit.

I like Donna, but, Donna needs a role to play in the on-going narrative of the Wonderverse, ..a role, which will eventually become the basis for her own narrative.

While I love the gift of Phil Jimenezs love for all things Wonder and Donna, especially, I just can't accept his portrayal of Donna being a young, affluent woman traipsing around penthouses and art galleries, between superhero battles. I think she would be something of a social justice warrior, living closer to us common, everyday types. I can see her, as in my fantasy secret files, being motivated by her Amazon upbringing to use photography in a socially conscious lifestyle blog....one that often brought attention to important social or political issues. Being an Amazon and raised by a society of freedom-fighters, who comes of age in a community of superheroes, I can't see how she could live, any other way.

My fantasy secret files [See my signature, below!] has pre-teenaged Donna being adopted, by General Darnell and his small, American family - traveling the world's war zones, poorest villages and ancient ruins, with her dad, while figuring out how she would use her powers to make their world, better - to solve some of the problems, she saw, out there. How could her heritage move her to do anything else?

As an adult superheroine, I see her being the Wonder, you feel comfortable walking up to in your small-town diner. I see her living a life, filled with more warmth and intimate relationships, than her big sister's. I see her finding that, as her niche, solving the smaller problems, that Diana's demanding life didn't allow her to reach, very often. Furthermore, I can imagine Diana's being grateful for and appreciative of that.

The foundations for a great character are already there! Donna needs a meaningful, entertaining role, that resonates with today's readers and her longtime fans, like me.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-11-2021 at 09:35 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ah...was looking for this cover before but couldn't recall the title of the book...we didn't get enough of an insight about Donna's time as the senior Wonder Woman from this period.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ah...was looking for this cover before but couldn't recall the title of the book...we didn't get enough of an insight about Donna's time as the senior Wonder Woman from this period.
    Yeah, the Batgirl and Supergirl parts are nice, but the donna Troy part is the only one that's really interesting. Although, it occurs to me that this is Cassandra Cain, and her taking over for Batman would be.... interesting.... For League of Shadows reasons.... and also Lady Shiva reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    All the covers from The Return of Donna Troy are awesome!

Whats with all the UNLEASHED with Donna?!? :-P
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

First time I saw the character:

First story I read her in (though it wasn't anything particularly special):

But this story cemented her as a favorite:

I hope with Donna back in Titans show. Dc will get better

Donna will appear in Robin & Batman #2 as Wonder Girl.

ROBIN & BATMAN #2
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art and cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    $5.99 US | 40 PAGES | 2 of 3 | PRESTIGE
    Variant by JEFF LEMIRE
    ON SALE 12/14/21

Dick Grayson is struggling in his training to be Robin, and the Batman decides the young man needs a break…and takes him to meet the Justice League! In an awe-inspiring moment, he meets the World's Greatest Heroes…and their sidekicks! Will these teen titans get along?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.