Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Donna will appear in Robin & Batman #2 as Wonder Girl.

ROBIN & BATMAN #2
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art and cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    $5.99 US | 40 PAGES | 2 of 3 | PRESTIGE
    Variant by JEFF LEMIRE
    ON SALE 12/14/21

Dick Grayson is struggling in his training to be Robin, and the Batman decides the young man needs a break…and takes him to meet the Justice League! In an awe-inspiring moment, he meets the World's Greatest Heroes…and their sidekicks! Will these teen titans get along?
    That's not confirmed, for two reasons. One, the cover doesn't show the Teen Titans. And two, Donna wasn't a sidekick (she didn't exist before then, the writer mistook Wonder Girl for a sidekick when she was really more like Superboy) and only joined the team in their SECOND story (albeit the one in which they got the name Teen Titans). The original lineup was just Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/The_Brave..._Bold_Vol_1_54

So only Garth and Wally are confirmed to be guesting in that issue. Donna and Roy (who was the team's fifth member) might appear, but we don't know that yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not confirmed, for two reasons. One, the cover doesn't show the Teen Titans. And two, Donna wasn't a sidekick (she didn't exist before then, the writer mistook Wonder Girl for a sidekick when she was really more like Superboy) and only joined the team in their SECOND story (albeit the one in which they got the name Teen Titans). The original lineup was just Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash.

So only Garth and Wally are confirmed to be guesting in that issue. Donna and Roy (who was the team's fifth member) might appear, but we don't know that yet.
    I doubt they even care about this.
    Batman wasn't even part of the first justice league anyways.
    Last edited by Drako; 08-15-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I doubt they even care about this.
    Batman wasn't even part of the first justice league anyways.
    I agree with you. Donna should appear as WG. Those tales of Diana as WG don’t really matter anymore.

The Titans show is awful but I keep wondering why Bruce Wayne can appear but not Wonder Woman or Aquaman? Does Arthur not care about his side kick?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Titans show is awful but I keep wondering why Bruce Wayne can appear but not Wonder Woman or Aquaman? Does Arthur not care about his side kick?
    Isn't Aqualad dead? Donna is also dead, but people say she's coming back

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Considering that the show is built around Dick Grayson (more so than the actual Titans) it makes sense that Bruce would be heavily involved. There's no reason that Aquaman and or Wonder Woman could or could not appear other than that WB wants to keep the focus for them on the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Isn't Aqualad dead? Donna is also dead, but people say she's coming back
    She is coming back. If you look for the preview of episode four, she is already there.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

She is coming back. If you look for the preview of episode four, she is already there.
    What have they said about her backstory? the wiki just lists her as an amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What have they said about her backstory? the wiki just lists her as an amazon.
    We saw her as a kid in the Wayne Manor when she meets Dick for the first time, saying she was there with Diana.

The only other thing we see is that she was in a building that chaught fire with her dad that killed him, kinda mirroring that part of the comics. She was later found and taken by Diana.

We saw her as a kid in the Wayne Manor when she meets Dick for the first time, saying she was there with Diana.

The only other thing we see is that she was in a building that chaught fire with her dad that killed him, kinda mirroring that part of the comics. She was later found and taken by Diana.
    Hmm maybe if she has a variant of the Titan Seed origin then she's semi-immortal or something? IE she got electrocuted, and only looked dead to mortals.

I came up with a power set for Donna in my WW continuity.

She has super strength, speed, agility, durability and stamina due to the Amazon training method (essentially ki manipulation) and knows some form of magic (a separate power which the Amazons also have knowledge of). In Donna's case she specializes in creating barriers for defense and offense.

I'm not sure if she should keep the staff I initially gave her or not.

One of the weirder ideas I came up with was for Donna and Deva to become friends due to them being on the mortal plane, but also in one way or another children of the Titans. IE, Donna is the closest thing to family Deva has. I kinda think Donna is the sort of person who'd try to get Deva to be nice...er...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm maybe if she has a variant of the Titan Seed origin then she's semi-immortal or something? IE she got electrocuted, and only looked dead to mortals.
    I don't think they would bring in the Titans seed origin at this point. It's a complex piece of mythology that has nothing to do with the show and hasn't been present in any other WW content. The only reason why it would kinda make sense would be if they wanted to give some meaning to the name of the team, but if they wanted to talk about the origin of the name they would've in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't think they would bring in the Titans seed origin at this point. It's a complex piece of mythology that has nothing to do with the show and hasn't been present in any other WW content. The only reason why it would kinda make sense would be if they wanted to give some meaning to the name of the team, but if they wanted to talk about the origin of the name they would've in season 2.
    Well, they might want to stay true to the source material and give Donna a new origin story each season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

This is their chance to correct thats