Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She is not dead in Titans Academy, She is dead in Future State Teen Titans.

Thanks for the correction

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She is not dead in Titans Academy, She is dead in Future State Teen Titans.
    Yeah but they say that the the Titans Academy leads into the Future slate future so they are preparing for her death.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Yeah but they say that the the Titans Academy leads into the Future slate future so they are preparing for her death.
    You're being very pessimistic. Like all futures, Future State is not the one true future of the DC universe, and like most possible futures, the setting has a lot of dark bad end possibilities. Which is why I'm presuming her death will be averted in the present.

I'm pretty sure Nightwing is not going to be this Deathwing guy, i'm pretty sure Beast Boy and Cyborg are not going to merge and they're not going to kill Wally and Wallace. So yeah, that Future ain't happening.

I don't know. Dc really isn't knowing what they are doing now even more now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    You're being very pessimistic. Like all futures, Future State is not the one true future of the DC universe, and like most possible futures, the setting has a lot of dark bad end possibilities. Which is why I'm presuming her death will be averted in the present.
    I concede it's pessimistic and I know it's a future that will most likely not happen but they will continue to tease that it will. Which is very annoying but I suppose at least it keeps her involved.

The issue is this is twice that they shown us dark futures the first in new 52 and now future State. That's the issue.

Fantastic Member

With the introduction of Red X into Titans comic mythology in this recent issue does anyone else think perhaps why there is less Donna content nowadays is because she wasn't on that Titans Go cartoon? Full disclosure I am far to old to have watched it so I really don't know but it's just an idea.

With the introduction of Red X into Titans comic mythology in this recent issue does anyone else think perhaps why there is less Donna content nowadays is because she wasn't on that Titans Go cartoon? Full disclosure I am far to old to have watched it so I really don't know but it's just an idea.
    I think you bring up a good point: the absence of Donna Troy's character in other media including Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! has impacted the character's popularity with both the public and DC creators. The biggest reason Donna was absent from other media was due to licensing issues. In an interview, producers from Young Justice said that Donna was their first choice for the Wonder Girl character. Due to licensing issues, she was unavailable. I'm guessing since the Cartoon Network Teen Titans cartoon was around that same time, they encountered similar licensing issues, since the entire NTT team is present, minus Donna Troy/Wonder Girl. UPDATE - read online that creators couldn't secure her license and that's why she wasn't present in the CN Teen Titans show and only appeared in cameos.

These licensing issues have been resolved and Donna's character has been included in episodes of Teen Titans Go! and Young Justice, DC animated movies and most notably the live-action Titans TV show. Still, I feel the character has suffered by being absent from other media for so long. Side note: Donna's Wonder Girl character was featured in the 1967 Filmation Teen Titans cartoon alongside Aqualad, Speedy and Kid Flash. Licensing issues kept Robin from appearing in that cartoon.
    Last edited by donnafan; 01-13-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I think you bring up a good point: the absence of Donna Troy's character in other media including Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! has impacted the character's popularity with both the public and DC creators. The biggest reason Donna was absent from other media was due to licensing issues. In an interview, producers from Young Justice said that Donna was their first choice for the Wonder Girl character. Due to licensing issues, she was unavailable. I'm guessing since the Cartoon Network Teen Titans cartoon was around that same time, they encountered similar licensing issues, since the entire NTT team is present, minus Donna Troy/Wonder Girl. UPDATE - read online that creators couldn't secure her license and that's why she wasn't present in the CN Teen Titans show and only appeared in cameos.

These licensing issues have been resolved and Donna's character has been included in episodes of Teen Titans Go! and Young Justice, DC animated movies and most notably the live-action Titans TV show. Still, I feel the character has suffered by being absent from other media for so long. Side note: Donna's Wonder Girl character was featured in the 1967 Filmation Teen Titans cartoon alongside Aqualad, Speedy and Kid Flash. Licensing issues kept Robin from appearing in that cartoon.
    I assumed it was licensing issues that prevented her from being on those shows. It's such a shame. Even on the new Titans show though they really didn't give her anything and a really stupid death. I'm hoping they bring her back for teh next season but all I have heard says otherwise and I somehow doubt they will get another season to bring her back. Shame really because Rose Leslie was a perfect cast. Her lack of exposure in other media has led to her being sidelined everywhere and it's really annoying.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wonder Woman characters always ran into licensing issues and once those got cleared, DC...wouldnt let YJ use either WGs in the show to my knowledge. As with a lot of characters, DC screwed characters and fans over.

Wrong. They added Cassandra Sandsmark to the team in season 2 and Donna appeared in season 3, identified as Troia.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wrong. They added Cassandra Sandsmark to the team in season 2 and Donna appeared in season 3, identified as Troia.
    Nothing wrong. We're talking about S1 where they were off limits.

And once both characters made their debuts they barely got used so...didnt help much.

Shame really because Rose Leslie was a perfect cast. Her lack of exposure in other media has led to her being sidelined everywhere and it's really annoying.
    It's Conor Leslie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman